Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just purchased one to check it out. I have a Hikvision NVR so we will see how it all works out.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Man it takes a while to install these. I used 1/2" electrical pvc and made the bend using a heat gun.

Still needs a bit of aiming as the IR casts onto the wall. I didn't want to put it out further and risk being in the drip zone (gutters have been known to leak).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TommyR

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Andy. Just ordered 3 but interesting only 9 out of 88 were in stock, so this camera is definitely in high demand :D

SergeyAU

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No way!!! I just saw the cameras there today! Was waiting to order 4 to get the NVR as well =((((
Andy, I sent you an email earlier... When can I get some?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Did any of you get the PayPal invoice from @EMPIRETECANDY for this turret today?

Some of us requested a PayPal invoice weeks ago, were those quantities reserved for us? Have yet to get a follow up. An update / response would be highly appreciated.

I hope Andy has us PayPal users rest-assured.

Left ones will hold for the paypal way and those who already paid us weeks ago. As talked will send some free brackets with the orders as talked.
For those guys can't make the order on aliexpress, please send email to me, i will handle it in the night, i have a container to ship today, so busy at the sea port.

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On a serious note Andy, with this model selling out so fast, why don't you order 500 at a time?
IIRC, the Sony sensor in these is in high demand, which limits how many Dahua can make. These last few orders he's gotten have been much larger than the ones before.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you put in a pre-order for these? I don't mind waiting or pre-paying.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Get in contact with Andy via this forum (via Conversation) or via his e-mail. You don't have to pre-pay. Do a serious inquiry and let him know that you need a PayPal invoice. He will e-mail you an invoice via PayPal upon your request. Then you can pay from there.

How do you put in a pre-order for these? I don't mind waiting or pre-paying.

Squeeker

n3wb
Reaction score
Did any of you get the PayPal invoice from @EMPIRETECANDY for this turret today?
Some of us requested a PayPal invoice weeks ago, were those quantities reserved for us? Have yet to get a follow up. An update / response would be highly appreciated.
I hope Andy has us PayPal users rest-assured.
Not yet but it seems we are getting close. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
IIRC, the Sony sensor in these is in high demand, which limits how many Dahua can make. These last few orders he's gotten have been much larger than the ones before.
  • Shortages on the Sony Sensor? I don't want to get into any sort of disagreement here, but why then are other model cameras available that use the same sensor? It's just this one particular model, and you would think Dahua would ramp up production to meet the demand. You know, the old supply/demand deal. Short other models of cameras that don't sell so well, to allow greater production of this model. Just sayin'.

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
  • Shortages on the Sony Sensor? I don't want to get into any sort of disagreement here, but why then are other model cameras available that use the same sensor? It's just this one particular model, and you would think Dahua would ramp up production to meet the demand. You know, the old supply/demand deal. Short other models of cameras that don't sell so well, to allow greater production of this model. Just sayin'.
or maybe they are already producing them at 100% and this is what demand they can meet.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Crap. You snooze, you loose. On a serious note Andy, with this model selling out so fast, why don't you order 500 at a time? Getting really tired of waiting forever to get just 2. Along with the SD49. Can you tell I'm really pissed I missed this?
try another seller lol.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
or maybe they are already producing them at 100% and this is what demand they can meet.
Possible, I'm sure Andy isn't the only person they buys them, they may be sending tons to the chinese govt, or shipping tons over to london where they like to watch you take a piss in the alley. I'm curious as to which other cameras are using the same sensors, I think hikvision has some but they aren't available yet?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
try another seller lol.
Yep, good luck. It's worth the wait, but there are other vendors.

I guess in my middle aged life, I've learned patience. Don't get me wrong, I want my toys immediately, but Andy is worth the wait, believe me. He will not slight you (intentionally). Just request your invoice thru Paypal and you will get it in the order received. I also did not get an invoice until he had stock in hand. He will not pre-bill you.

My $0.02.

SD

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If you do the maths 270 - 138 (50 + 88) he should have 132 left for PayPal.
lol today too busy at sea port, have a container items to go for Japan, for the stock no worry at all, actually speaking we have 500pcs stock for March. Tomorrow may have some more, and next week.
Because i have many backorders, so can't put too many stock on the shop. I am checking now, and put some more on the shop when still have some.

Reaction score
Yep, good luck. It's worth the wait, but there are other vendors.

I guess in my middle aged life, I've learned patience. Don't get me wrong, I want my toys immediately, but Andy is worth the wait, believe me. He will not slight you (intentionally). Just request your invoice thru Paypal and you will get it in the order received. I also did not get an invoice until he had stock in hand. He will not pre-bill you.

My $0.02.

SD
Oh, I agree with you. Except the middle age part, I'm well into the Senior group. LOL

No one else has the integrity, honesty and speed Andy has. There really is no viable option, but to wait.