Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

qwert106

n3wb
Reaction score
unfortunately i didn't found any release notes

Autom8

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a POE switch recommendation/confirmation for 3 of these cameras. I have one cat6 cable run to an attic over our attached garage that will support data for the three cameras run back to a centralized gigabit switch. There is power in the attic.

My plan is to use something like this:
Product Details for PID 18518 with a data only uplink from the central switch and this unit providing power and data to the 3 cameras. It's a 5 port switch with 4 Poe at 30w max and 60w total. it looks like the cameras are <8.5w, so it seems like I should be ok, but I've seen discussion of cameras needing up to a 48w connection, so wanted to confirm. Also, should I be worried about 3 cameras sharing a 100Mbps connection back to the switch? Sorry for the Newbie questions and I appreciate any help.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am currently waiting on 2 bullet Starlights. Paid via PayPal. While waiting got to looking at the PTZ version. That thing is pretty awesome. Would you get 2 or 1 ptz if you had the choice?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have mine in the garage; its not waterproofed and condensation risk would be high.. I'd not put one outside not contained in a NMEA enclosure of some sort

With your HiPoE midspan you could run 4 off it no problem; im overdriving mine w/out issue

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have mine in the garage; its not waterproofed and condensation risk would be high.. I'd not put one outside not contained in a NMEA enclosure of some sort

With your HiPoE midspan you could run 4 off it no problem; im overdriving mine w/out issue
just a thought in case i needed it. I don't think I will but yeah, good call on the condensation lol.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Morning folks... So after reading alot of threads from everyone here, learning, and my own experience with Hiks (not necessarily bad), I'm helping a friend set up his residential system. Two camera's in the backyard, two cameras, in the front yard, and 2-3 indoor cameras. I'm was planning on the IPC-HDW5231R-Z for the front outdoor cameras as true security cameras.
Question:

1) Out back, he is more concerned about picture quality and covering the pool / backyard area, which will most likely but utilized 90% during the daylight, that said, should I go with a higher MP camera, as if I understood correctly, during the daytime would possibly be the only time the higher MP would be beneficial. If so, Is there a Varifocal that you all would recommend? Looking to stay sub $170.
2) Wanted a recommendation for the indoor cameras, which will be utilized in kids room and possibly inside aimed at front/back doors. I have a hik 2.8 minidome that I love, does Dahua starlight have a minidome that would be recommended over the Hik?

@EMPIRETECANDY what's the current timeframe for shipping of IPC-HDW5231R-Z?

THANKS in advance for any info!!!
Yesterday only get 145pcs, got a wrong data from dahua guys, not 200+, but i think next week we can get enough stocks. Right now can close all the currently paypal orders and some of the aliexpress orders, now busy for making shipping docs and preparations. All can be delivered to your door next Wednesday. Any urgent , send email to me, thanks.

sleetdawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesterday only get 145pcs, got a wrong data from dahua guys, not 200+, but i think next week we can get enough stocks. Right now can close all the currently paypal orders and some of the aliexpress orders, now busy for making shipping docs and preparations. All can be delivered to your door next Wednesday. Any urgent , send email to me, thanks.
@EMPIRETECANDY , I'm confused. If you didn't get enough stock to satisfy all the orders, how can all the Paypal and Aliexpress orders be delivered by next Wednesday?

Reaction score

kevkmartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Likely, the reason being that he doesn't have any more, and doesn't want people to order them until he does.