Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Superdon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. Will the angles work so it'll cover what I need?

Superdon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know what the quality of power supplies is like that Andy sells?

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post some videos? I'd be interested to see.
Sorry for late reply. I am traveling now and I won't be able to get to it for awhile, but I will try to post a video. You could probably find existing youtube videos to get an idea if you don't want to take my word that image is better then 5231R-Z. I ordered several variations of different bullets with deep bases and turrets all with imx290 and 5x zoom. I am very excited to get those! From what I've seen they will make an excellent replacement for my older cams.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could have sworn I just saw it say 4x optical zoom on the product page. Checked several hours ago. Is this a new unannounced product lurking on Dahua's webpage?
It shows new on the main page for the lite series, along with some other new ones.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, too bad there is no IR in this one. May be they can make another model similar to this but with IR. :)

It shows new on the main page for the lite series, along with some other new ones.

Superdon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have skim read this massive thread...the PFA137 junction box, is it waterproof when this camera is added?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have skim read this massive thread...the PFA137 junction box, is it waterproof when this camera is added?
Technically no, as the gap between the "ball" and the turret is still there. Check out my notes link in my signature for some Cliff Notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera itself is IP67 rated. A small amount of clear silicone (to fill in the voids) should go a long way.

KillMoles

n3wb
Reaction score
giomania

Regarding your post here that's too large to reasonably quote:

Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

This is the first time I've seen your guide, and I couldn't help but notice that you stole an image of mine from my review of this camera located at MY SHITTY BLOG.com (that is an edit by fenderman)

I don't have a problem with you using the image here on this forum, as long as proper credit is given with a link back to my review.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: