Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Andy recently (i.e. today)? I've sent him a couple of requests, but have not heard back yet.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha, I meant in the span of the last 24 hours. I did hear back from him though. Looks I need to hang up another clock here. :D

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha, I meant in the span of the last 24 hours. I did hear back from him though. Looks I need to hang up another clock here. :D
So did I, he's sending my busted ultra starlight bullet off to dahua, let us hope all goes well and speedy and I get it back soon.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the IPC-HDW5431R-Z (4MP) version is?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I spoke to and ordered from him at 10am EST today.
Yesterday afternoon go to HK to pick up the returns dahua from hk, 3 months, just 2HCVR, 3 IP CAM, and several HDCVI camera. Seems the cheaper the worse quality, always like this. So little tired and sleep little early, lol.
Today will ship out the 15pcs HDW5231R-Z out, hope next week i can get 200pcs for this model, lol...

cybermech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon go to HK to pick up the returns dahua from hk, 3 months, just 2HCVR, 3 IP CAM, and several HDCVI camera. Seems the cheaper the worse quality, always like this. So little tired and sleep little early, lol.
Today will ship out the 15pcs HDW5231R-Z out, hope next week i can get 200pcs for this model, lol...
And....eagerly waiting on more stock so I can order several of the turrets! =)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
3 months til what?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
He is trying to say that those are all the returns he had over 3 months...low relative to how many units he has sold...and mostly cvi or hybrid gear.
kinda what I figured, but wanted to verify it would not take 3 months to get my camera back LOL.

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He's taking pretty good care of us! I've now got an order in for two different cameras too including one of these. Weather here is still kinda' crappy so I've been patient, really nice feeling like someone cares and is helping us out!

Edit: actually an HFW not one of these. Still, I appreciate Andy taking time and being helpful!

Last edited:

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can't say it enough. The guy is solid. Very reassuring. Huge asset to have in your corner. Seems too good to be true, but it is. It's hard to find this level of customer service half way around the world, language barrier and all.

I've found the quickest response from Andy is via the message center on Ali Express
2nd would be a PM (conversation) from here, IPCT
3rd, just send an e-mail to hardworking.andy@gmail.com

SD

Last edited:

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another suggestion and a story to share.

He is so busy juggling countless orders and the communication that goes with them, always include as much information in you can in your e-mail when contacting him. In my signature, I always include my IPCT screen name, my Aliexpress handle, my Paypal e-mail that I use for these transactions, and the order/invoice I'm referring to.....always. That doesn't even work sometimes.

Two weeks ago I ordered a new Starlight recessed PTZ dome. These are ~$600 cameras. He had to order it from Dahua, so it would take about 3 days before he could ship it. In that time, I decided it wasn't the correct solution for my install, and asked to change it to the IP66 rated PTZ speed dome. Graciously, even after ordering it for me, he allowed me to change my order, (he would keep the recessed dome for himself). In my experience, he won't invoice you until he gets it in from Dahua. In addition, I ordered the full 4 piece corner mount solution from him.

He sends me an invoice for $190! I could have just paid it and got my $650 worth of goodies, but that's not me. I'm not too religious, but I do believe in karma. I want a healthy relationship going forward with Andy. I wouldn't want someone taking advantage of me, my company and a simple mistake. I have a sign business. I've done that in the past and ate the difference. This connection and supplier all seems too good to be true, and can come to an end any time, especially with DT and his rhetoric on China.

I explained to him that I never paid for the original order. As you would expect, he was stunned and very appreciative I brought this to his attention. Within minutes, I received the new invoice. He throws in the mounting solution for free ($46 from B&H), and my new discounted camera & mounts are on the way.

I look forward to many more orders from Andy. These security camera setups are snowballing in my town. Everyone of my family & friends I show the NVR/cam setup to wants me to install one for them. I'm up to three additional homes on my street, and there are only 7 of us total. The others just haven't seen it yet!

SD

Last edited:

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
x2 for Andy I look forward also to many more orders from Andy..today i install on my work place 4 cameras 5231 turret and nvr5216 16p ...tomorrow will install 5th camera and try to install vpn, if my sh..t router will allow ..today from what ive seen this starlight turrets really kick ass ,great cameras ...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking for feedback from those who have the NTSC version (IPC-HDW5231RN-Z). I've got the NTSC bullet version. It looks like they use the same firmware and there's a lot more critical mass on this thread. I'm using a 5216-4ks2 NVR and IVS setup does not work via the NVR. I don't have a problem setting up IVS directly with the camera, but it's only on the NVR interface that I can get to the "record channel" setting, and the nvr won't let me use it because it's not "liking" the camera for IVS. My camera firmware version is 2.460.0000.1, and nayr has posted a link to version 2.460.0000.2, however it's labeled as "pal firmware". Questions:

For anybody with the NTSC version, does your IVS setup work through the NVR?, and which firmware do you have in the camera?

Has anybody loaded the pal firmware into the ntsc camera, and how did it come out?