Dahua Ultra Starlight Varifocal Bullet (IPC-HFW8232E-Z)

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i been thinking of leaving my ptz at full color to i been jumping with

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi EMPIRETECANDY
I have same problems with an 8231E-Z that Dave had. Until I can upgrade to the newer Starlight, could you send me the firmware update also?

My camera for our neighborhood - see screenshot of firmware info
Just send me email via conversation, will send you the latest new one.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just connected 'on the fly' to my Hik NVR, until now, seems awesome !!
Connected as ONVIF?
When you get the time / opportunity, could you see if motion detection works under ONVIF on the Hikvision NVR? Thanks.
Oh, and what model / firmware rev of NVR is it?

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol, this one I booked last month. Only 5pcs, also very hard to get the stock.After this lot, have to wait at least 1 month.
Do you have any of these ultra bullets in stock? Price? Thx.
Eric

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Price still $320? Does it have internal heater like Nayr has?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't think the 8231 series has SSA Dave. I have an 8231 also, used for overview (HOA) at the cul-de-sac on our little street. Did the firmware upgrade help yours?

Looks like the 8232 is a substantial upgrade from the 8231 in a number of ways.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the instant reply! You're right, the 8231 doesn't have it and unfortunately was not added in the FW upgrade sent to me by Andy.
Also took a look on the SD59230U-HNI (remote installation) - not on that either - shame

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
oops, moved to right thread.. SSA Enabled in Daytime is Fantastic

SSA OFF:
View attachment 14156

SSA ON:
View attachment 14157
What type of vodoo magic is this SSA?!
Looks more like you added a dozen IR blasters!

That is an amazing difference with good clarity.
I have been trying BLC on my 523, (since it does not have SSA...boo) and it highlights areas that were previously dark and helps eliminate the IR spotlighting I am seeing so I can see activity in those areas but the image becomes somewhat more noisy..More important when walking through that camera area I as a moving object I look much less clear than with it off.
So that makes me curious what a person walking through your scene by the car would look like.
Have you taken a look at that? It would be nice to see a test video clip of human motion in this scene with SSA on.
I suspect by the clarity of the still pic it would be pretty good.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SSA is on in the comparison video with the 5231 at night, I'll get some more samples gathered up of SSA in action.. at night when car headlamps coming straight on it compensates for it significantly so when the car leaves the exposure takes a moment to adjust

I tested ID quality with SSA enabled/disabled, its dramatically better enabled.. Aparecium

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the instant reply! You're right, the 8231 doesn't have it and unfortunately was not added in the FW upgrade sent to me by Andy.
Also took a look on the SD59230U-HNI (remote installation) - not on that either - shame
It says in spec sheets if it has it; I spotted it before I got the camera.. ive seen it on other cameras, but they might of been big sensor cameras ultra cameras also