DS-2CD2335FWD-I - Hikvision Ultra Low Light 3M camera

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not low light. In China on the new low light cameras, the model number will end with 6
International ones will have 5FWD at end.
Very helpful thank you.

lovepow

n3wb
Reaction score
If I use this camera with non hikvision nvr, what features will I be missing out? I already have a synology and plan to use it with synology surveilliance.
Can I still adjust all the settings via ip web page?

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You should be able to adjust everything on the camera logging in via the Hik web GUI. It depends on the Synology software as to what functions you'll be able to use. Someone who has used it should be able to help (ie. not me!)

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I doubt if you'll be able to use any of the Smart Event features.. Line Crossing, Intrusion detection etc..
That's on the Camera itself, not sure if the Synology package does this itself.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm tempted to purchase a DS-2CD2335FWD-I to replace my DS-2CD3345FWD-I. However as i have good lighting and my DS-2CD3345FWD-I remains in colour 24/7 mode i guess i would be wasting my time and money?

Last edited:

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is DS-2CD3345FWD-I definitely the correct part number for your current cameras? (I couldn't find anything under that part number.)

If it's not an ultra low light model you've already got the 2335 will be able to display more detail in shadows and you will also be able to run it at a faster exposure speed- so get better stills of moving subjects. The 2335 also has H265 - something my older Hik's don't (so lower bit rates/ less bandwidth and less hard drive space is used).

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is DS-2CD3345FWD-I definitely the correct part number for your current cameras? (I couldn't find anything under that part number.)

If it's not an ultra low light model you've already got the 2335 will be able to display more detail in shadows and you will also be able to run it at a faster exposure speed- so get better stills of moving subjects. The 2335 also has H265 - something my older Hik's don't (so lower bit rates/ less bandwidth and less hard drive space is used).
Think it is a DS-2CD3345-I. Maybe a Chinese version of the Hik Turret. Here is a link.

HIKVISION DS-2CD3345-I

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That looks like a dodgy version of the DS-2CD2345-I. Not a bad camera, but not a ultra low light one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Yes i know. Had it 12 months and for £45 very pleased with it.

Daytime image is excellent.
Security lights on excellent.
Security lights off it is good.

Just wondering if it is worth upgrading to a ultra low light when the security lights are off.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes i know. Had it 12 months and for £45 very pleased with it.

Daytime image is excellent.
Security lights on excellent.
Security lights off it is good.

Just wondering if it is worth upgrading to a ultra low light when the security lights are off.
Ah sorry, I thought you were going to it.
You have to have some light, mine is great on day mode when the street lights are on, but ours go off over night, so no joy.

The ULL one is awesome though, you'd not be disappointed with one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jwren

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the ultra low light 2335 / 2325 cameras will be sold in Australia locally in the near future ? I read the earlier post that hik Australia might not be importing them, anyone know for sure ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the ultra low light 2335 / 2325 cameras will be sold in Australia locally in the near future ? I read the earlier post that hik Australia might not be importing them, anyone know for sure ?
Why bother waiting...buy direct from china, avoid the insane local markup and enjoy...

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was the one who tried purchasing them in Australia and was told they weren't going to be imported officially by Hik Australia. That was info from one of their resellers when he tried to order me one.

jwren

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been told the same thing. Hikvision Australia apparently aren't bringing them in.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A guy is at me to get him some DS-2CD2355FWD-I cams instead of the 2335 as he says they are a low level cam also at a higher MP.

Is that true? The spec states 0.05 Lux the same as the 2335 but no mention of low level light.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, they have it stated different on the product page of their website. Very misleading.

Vico

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone using h264+ or h265+ with this camera?
I try to use it and its completly broken, constant droping of I-frames, glitching and artifacting.
Ive used h265+ with my previous 4mp camera and no problem.

Last edited:

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i'm sure you mean 264+ with the 4mp cameras? Hiks (+) encoding does not work well with fast moving scenes, they do discourage its use - i've however found that its best to avoid it altogher as many of the Hik recorders can't playback properly - time indexing can be off or playback freezes.