Expecting to much

Reaction score

Attachments

Reaction score
Incidentally, a quick (and possibly inaccurate) measurement on Google maps shows that parking lot is approx 40 feet wide by 70 feet from mounting wall to alley/street if we wanted to close out this thread with DORI calculations. :ohsnap:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After this exchange with someone claiming the same internet handle ( @Dsmtweaker ) as Brandon Hunt's twitter page and providing photos which are clearly from the property of mid-american title company ( About Us - Mid American Title - Northern Michigan's Closing Company ) has me wondering about the person who is responsible for these activities here on ipcamtalk.

Brandon Hunt and Mid-American Title Company:

"Mid-American Title Company is a locally owned and operated title insurance and real estate closing company that began in 1988 by brother and sister, Dale Hunt and Charlene Hunt in Traverse City, Michigan. Over the next quarter century and counting, Mid-American Title Company has grown to a multi-employee, multi-location business and is now headquartered at 424 E. Front St. Street, Traverse City, Michigan.

We are truly family owned and operated. Brandon Hunt, Dale Hunt’s son is now the President and spear heads The Mid-American Family of companies. .. "

IF
Brandon Hunt did indeed or authorized the engagement and participation here on ipcamtalk​
THEN:
I have NO trust at all about the integrity of him, or agents acting on his behalf, as well as I have no trust in Mid-American Family of companies so long as he is working there, and would advise others to not work with those companies as the executive in charge is of a questionable character.
ELSE
Someone else without authority took those pictures and posted them here without the authority of Brandon Hunt and thus Brandon Hunt and / or Mid-American Family of companies can now go through the recently installed "4K" security camera footage to prove who else took these pictures during this time frame.
I would encourage Brandon Hunt and / or Mid-American Family of companies to produce the evidence to exonerate Brandon Hunt as the person who took those pictures by showing us who did so.​
UNTIL THEN
I am of the firm belief that Brandon Hunt did or did authorize the participation on this forum and showed how distrustful he is. imho That distrust extends to any company which he an executive of, and I would discourage anyone from doing business with that company as certainly this is not the only time such distrustful behavior has or will occur.​
END

Naturally this is my personal opinion and assessment of the interaction here with the person who presented the pictures as pictures they took for a friend who is the owner of the property.... using the same handle as Brandon Hunt. To me it is clear that the individual(s) engaged in fraud here on ipcamtalk and thus is no longer to be trustworthy in any business manner.

Reference:
About Us - Mid American Title - Northern Michigan's Closing Company
The Mid-American Family is the combination Mid-American Title Company, Crystal Clear Title, and the Mid-American Club. As we grow, we feel it is our family that is growing, not just a company.

Last edited:

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
30 years of IT experience though. Been doing it since he was 6 years old. Real estate and title work is just a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
FWIW, from LinkedIn, he states he is president of the title company since Jan 2008. Received an Associate's Degree in Network and System Administration/Administrator from ITT Technical Institute-Lake Mary (2004-2006) and attended Northwestern Michigan College (2001-2003). Went to Traverse City Central High (1998-2001).

So if he graduated high school at 18, he would be 36 this year.

So if this is our guy, and he seems to use that handle in several forums, like VW/Audi, Pinterest, Magic Mirror, NASIOC, then he probably got some IT knowledge at ITT. Looks like he went from high school to college for three years and dropped out. Moved to ITT and got his Associate's degree. A two year hiatus (2006-2008) before becoming president of the title company. Probably worked at Daddy's title company for those two years and then dad made him president. (yes I was bored this morning teaf)

Just not sure why the deception? I understand (not condone) the exaggeration of IT experience in the beginning, but the whole 'my boss asked me to change a camera and he is not pleased at the quality' BS confounds me. The actual question about quality of a DSLR shot versus the IP camera is a reasonable question. I can understand his lack of experience and knowledge confusing him on the replies. But at some point why did he not listen to the replies he came to this forum to get?

BrandonMAT

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

My name is Brandon Hunt, and I am the president of Mid-American Industries, which includes Mid-American Title, as listed above.

I get a daily morning report from my branding monitor software, which listed this site & thread as a possible threat. Upon reading this post I do believe there has been a mixture of miss-representation, as well as miss-communication. First let me state that none of these posts are from myself, or any team member of my company.

The photo's in early posts are one of my properties. We do have a security and camera systems, however that is all handled by a third party. We deal in Real Estate, Escrow Funds, Minerals, and other ventures. We leave security items to professionals. I did speak to the general manager of that location, and she did request a new camera be installed over the rear parking lot. Beyond that, we are unclear as to why this thread exists. I have forwarded a copy to our representative at the company which handles our systems, and am currently waiting a response. I would prefer not to name names at this point, as I do not have information on if & how they where involved in this discussion. The only possible connection I see is the username, which is also the username set by them for me to access the camera's on my phone.

I will however attached an image of the tactician as he was installing camera, as it appears as though it might be believed this was myself, or one of my team members; which I can assure you it was not.

I hope this helps to clarify some things, and would greatly appreciate if the forum owners or administrators would remove any posts listing my company, its name, or properties. As reputation is important in any industry.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me directly. Brandon@mid-americantitle.com

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

My name is Brandon Hunt, and I am the president of Mid-American Industries, which includes Mid-American Title, as listed above.

I get a daily morning report from my branding monitor software, which listed this site & thread as a possible threat. Upon reading this post I do believe there has been a mixture of miss-representation, as well as miss-communication. First let me state that none of these posts are from myself, or any team member of my company.

The photo's in early posts are one of my properties. We do have a security and camera systems, however that is all handled by a third party. We deal in Real Estate, Escrow Funds, Minerals, and other ventures. We leave security items to professionals. I did speak to the general manager of that location, and she did request a new camera be installed over the rear parking lot. Beyond that, we are unclear as to why this thread exists. I have forwarded a copy to our representative at the company which handles our systems, and am currently waiting a response. I would prefer not to name names at this point, as I do not have information on if & how they where involved in this discussion. The only possible connection I see is the username, which is also the username set by them for me to access the camera's on my phone.

I will however attached an image of the tactician as he was installing camera, as it appears as though it might be believed this was myself, or one of my team members; which I can assure you it was not.

I hope this helps to clarify some things, and would greatly appreciate if the forum owners or administrators would remove any posts listing my company, its name, or properties. As reputation is important in any industry.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me directly. Brandon@mid-americantitle.com
You are a liar. This post was made from an account using the same IP address as the original post. The worst thing you can do come back here in lie. You just trashed your own reputation.

Last edited:

BrandonMAT

n3wb
Reaction score
You are a liar. This post was made from an account using the same IP address as the original post. The worst thing you can do come back here in lie.
Sir, I do not see how that is possible. I am currently on my home computer. Could you please provide me with the these IP addresses so I can give them to our IT provider for further assistance?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sir, I do not see how that is possible. I am currently on my home computer. Could you please provide me with the these IP addresses so I can give them to our IT provider for further assistance?
Lol, thank you for confirming that it's your home IP. The post you made yesterday at 12:48 p.m. under your other screen name came from the same IP. Now you can't even blame someone else at the office. Lying is not going to end well for you. If you apologize for being an asshole and lying I will remove this thread. This is a one-time offer.
Fyi just google what is my ip for your ip address. No need to ask me for it.

Last edited:

BrandonMAT

n3wb
Reaction score
Lol, thank you for confirming that it's your home IP. The post you made yesterday at 12:48 p.m. under your other screen name came from the same IP. Now you can't even blame someone else at the office. Lying is not going to end well for you. If you apologize for being an asshole and lying I will remove this thread. This is a one-time offer.
Absolutely, apologies for being an asshole and lying.

Fenderman, would you please email me, or PM to discuss a couple of items privately

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely, apologies for being an asshole and lying.

Fenderman, would you please email me, or PM to discuss a couple of items privately
You have my email address, I sent you a message when I banned you the first time.

Reaction score
inb4 the thread gets deleted.

Not being an expert at this I tried to layout something that could work on IPVM Camera Calculator V3

Something like a 1080p camera with 28mm zoom should give you LPR out to the end of the parking lot.
something like (2) 8MP with 28-degree HFoV mounted on either side of the building should give you good ID out to the last spot or so of the parking lot.
and an 8MP with 79 degree HFoV (slightly different than what was alleged installed), mounted near the door would almost complete your coverage but at least give you good ID up near the door.

all that being said: only in very good light, because these 8MP cameras are unlikely to give you good images at night. Maybe due to the nature of a Title company night-time breakins possibly aren't a serious issue as say a car dealership or computer dealer during the overnight.