FYI - LeChange / Dahua 8x 8MP/4K UHD IP PoE cameras + 16 channel port PoE NVR 2/3TB HDD $899 7/13/18

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update: $899.99 on 07/13/2018 thanks to mfish for spotting the price drop
( deal expired on Friday 7/20/2018 )

LeChange / Dahua 8x 8MP/4K UHD IP PoE cameras + 16 channel port PoE NVR 2/3TB HDD $989.99 on 6/22/2018 Frys
Lechange 16 Channel NVR with 8 4K Network Cameras
Frys#: 9477641 Model: NK168P083

Additional 10% off on one day only 6/22/2018 w/emailed discount code to Fry's email list subscribers

Fry's B&M do not seem to carry this brand in general, so order online

Fry's Electronics |

Thanks to Sam88 for mentioning that Fry's has deals on LeChange a Dahua brand.
  • 4K UHD VideoUp to 8MP Resolution for Preview and Playback ( camera is 8MP/"4K" UHD at15fps, not the cinematic 4K spec. )
  • H.265 codec The latest and most effective codec type
  • Night Visionup to 40m/130ft distance
  • Viewing Angle 88° horizontal field of view
  • Motion Detection Get instant alert while you're on-the-go
  • Weatherproof IP67 Protection
  • Storage HDD Storage(up to 2*8TB)
  • Lechange App Monitoring at any time, anywhere

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The mention of LeChange makes me shiver. ;)
Indeed, some of the Chinese brand names just make me cringe!

Too bad the kit is bullets and not turret...

Last edited:
Reaction score

Hello all ,
anyone know if this kit would be any good?
I honestly just need something basic
and I was reading that this is a dahua rebrand

Fry's Electronics |

They have a coupon so it would only be $197
1tb hard drive nvr
and 4 basic 1080p cameras

Thanks ,

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

anybody know if this kit would be any good
just need something basic
and reading that this is a dahua rebrand
Hi Ernesto,

I prefer the IP PoE kits, and LeChange is actually a Dahua brand - owned by Dahua.

I would recommend going with their better IP PoE products as we known them better and I know the cameras are nice solid metal cases ( at least the core parts are - the visor is plastic / vinyl )

[ the cameras in the DVR kit - may or may not be metal cases - you'll need to check the specs ]

Reaction score
Hi Ernesto,

I prefer the IP PoE kits, and LeChange is actually a Dahua brand - owned by Dahua.

I would recommend going with their better IP PoE products as we known them better and I know the cameras are nice solid metal cases ( at least the core parts are - the visor is plastic / vinyl )

[ the cameras in the DVR kit - may or may not be metal cases - you'll need to check the specs ]

thanks for the reply !
so these cameras are not powered via the nvr over poe ?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the reply !
so these cameras are not powered via the nvr over poe ?
Hi Ernesto,

If the kit has DVR listed - it is a coax analog bnc kit.

If the kit has NVR listed - it is typically an IP PoE kit.

Reaction score
Hi Ernesto,

If the kit has DVR listed - it is a coax analog bnc kit.

If the kit has NVR listed - it is typically an IP PoE kit.
ohhhh! ok makes sense now
I guess back to the ip camera cliff notes I go :facepalm:
thanks for all your help!
i'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the dvr kit

Do you know of any entry level nvr kit with 4 cameras by any chance you would recommend ?
or would ANDY over at EMPIRETECANDY be my best bet?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ohhhh! ok makes sense now
I guess back to the ip camera cliff notes I go :facepalm:
thanks for all your help!
i'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the dvr kit

Do you know of any entry level nvr kit with 4 cameras by any chance you would recommend ?
or would ANDY over at EMPIRETECANDY be my best bet?
Hi Ernesto,

Lots of variables to consider. What is your threat issues? Big home? Small home? ... so many things to consider.

What do you want or need to accomplish?

If you're not in a hurry I would take some time to determine that.

Then look at what can help you do that,

Then compromise with your budget and needs and start looking for solutions.

Remember you can start by picking up one good IP PoE Dahua OEM starlight camera from Andy if you need a good outdoor camera.

Or just keep an eye on the various discussions here.

Reaction score
Hi Ernesto,

Lots of variables to consider. What is your threat issues? Big home? Small home? ... so many things to consider.

Small 1,500 sq home
no threats i just want really 4 cameras 1-front porch 1 front of house 2-back of house

What do you want or need to accomplish? Really

I just want to be able to view remotely from an iOs app iphone and store a day or two of footage storage to me is really not biggest concern

Remember you can start by picking up one good IP PoE Dahua OEM starlight camera from Andy if you need a good outdoor camera.

Yea I think im going to start off with a 2- starlight cameras from Andy and a NVR4108hs-p-4ks2
and then just go from there.

Thanks again for all your help!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Ernesto,

Small 1,500 sq home
no threats i just want really 4 cameras 1-front porch 1 front of house 2-back of house

What do you want or need to accomplish? Really

I just want to be able to view remotely from an iOs app iphone and store a day or two of footage storage to me is really not biggest concern

Yea I think im going to start off with a 2- starlight cameras from Andy and a NVR4108hs-p-4ks2
and then just go from there.

Thanks again for all your help!
Happy to help.

I would add a couple more cameras to cover the front of the house, as thieves like to turn away from cameras and wear hoodies and caps.

See the section
Camera Captures

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To me.... the kits appear to be a pro series NVR-5216-4KS2 (or a NVR-5208-4KS2 depending on the kit) with a 3TB hard drive pre-installed combined with IPC-HFW1831E cameras. Very similar to the combo's offered by Lorex. The NVR in the kits from Lorex have the advantage that they have the upgraded front panel with the buttons and a remote control. I've personally cross-flashed two of the Lorex kit NVR's as has another member on here. I'd give very high odds that you can cross-flash the NVR on those two specific Lechange kits to official Dahua firmware no problem. Once cross-flashed then future firmware updates can be done through the web UI just fine.

The cameras however are not nearly as simple to cross-flash unless they will just outright take new firmware using the web interface of the config tool right off the bat. Otherwise it requires physically opening the cameras, locating the TTL serial solder pads on the circuit board, tying wiring in and then still might not be able to. The cameras in the Lorex kit I bought (different model cameras) however have a funky firmware files system partition setup that I simply have been unable to cross-flash, even using the hard method with a serial TTL connection. Also on the Lorex stuff, not everything from Lorex is OEM Dahua (which I really find surprising considering Dahua owns Lorex).

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Dahua released these 4k cheap models i think the nightlong also can have a good improvement, I can get some samples back at the end of this month.
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/allProducts/1/5337

The NVR Fry's link is NVR4108-8P-4KS2 or NVR4116-8P-4KS2, but i think if use all 4K cams, 1HDD still too limited, better to use NVR4216-16P-4KS2 or NVR5216-16P-4KS2E, or just use BI.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ah - good catch Andy! If those NVR's are the "lite" NVR4xxx models they might be getting near their limits with all 4K cameras as you mention and then would also be very limited on some of the more advanced functionality of the pro series NVR5xxx models. On the plus side for those basic cameras, Dahua does indicate they have all metal casings.