FYI - Some local Costco B&M have a Lorex / Dahua OEM 4K 6x camera kit and 8 port NVR for $800

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Shutter speeds will have to be adjusted in the cams themselves.
IE: You will have to connect to the camera direct.

Reading License plates is an art. A 1 mp cam setup correctly, can easily catch plates. But it needs to be dedicated to that single job.

Read the LPR section on this forum.
Here:LPR

Lorex has a PDF manual on their website.

Chringuy

n3wb
Reaction score
Shutter speeds will have to be adjusted in the cams themselves.
IE: You will have to connect to the camera direct.

Reading License plates is an art. A 1 mp cam setup correctly, can easily catch plates. But it needs to be dedicated to that single job.

Read the LPR section on this forum.
Here:LPR

Lorex has a PDF manual on their website.

Having a hard time finding the PDF. Could you link to it?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Many around me have brought this system to my attention (bandwagon Costco members *cough* :D ) and my only concern about this system is that its a 8-channel system, not 16-channel. Suppose a someone needed an excess of 8 cameras, what would be the solution here? Just to add another (second) 8-channel NVR to the network?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Many around me have brought this system to my attention (bandwagon Costco members *cough* :D ) and my only concern about this system is that its a 8-channel system, not 16-channel. Suppose a someone needed an excess of 8 cameras, what would be the solution here? Just to add another (second) 8-channel NVR to the network?
800usd can't buy 6 4K camera and a NVR. If he pay the shipping cost maybe enough buying from China. Get some new models in, will show you soon.

Chringuy

n3wb
Reaction score
Installed a few over the weekend. Found what looks to be a slot for sd card, but not connectors inside. Likely part of the mold for similar models.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
800usd can't buy 6 4K camera and a NVR. If he pay the shipping cost maybe enough buying from China. Get some new models in, will show you soon.
Hi Andy,

Actually you can. Not listed on the website, however available in store.

6x 4K IP PoE Dahua OEM Cameras + 1x 4K 8 port PoE NVR for $799.99

Please see photo on page 1.

Hopefully those who buy this want 2 more cameras which are starlight. Those that ask I will recommend you as a vendor to buy from.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Arjun,

Buy a BI machine and PoE switch, or upgrade NVR to 16 port from Andy.

Or
Costco has Q-see brand which is also a Dahua OEM and they've got a 16 port NVR w/4 4K cameras on sale for $850
Costco Wholesale

Hopefully those you know picking this particular kit augment it with some of the starlights, that would seem to be a good option for a lot of people imho.

rkilpa

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed a 12mm lens on one of these cameras. Now I can read license plates on cars driving by during the daytime like I did with my previous kit. Don't even need to zoom in the image it's so clear. Just need to figure out which settings to tweak to capture them at night now. Anyone adjusted one of these cameras via the ip address that can share the settings used?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just installed a 12mm lens on one of these cameras. Now I can read license plates on cars driving by during the daytime like I did with my previous kit. Don't even need to zoom in the image it's so clear. Just need to figure out which settings to tweak to capture them at night now. Anyone adjusted one of these cameras via the ip address that can share the settings used?
Hi Rkilpa,

Excellent!

Did you take any photos on how to change out the lens? Would like to see how much work it is.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

Actually you can. Not listed on the website, however available in store.

6x 4K IP PoE Dahua OEM Cameras + 1x 4K 8 port PoE NVR for $799.99

Please see photo on page 1.

Hopefully those who buy this want 2 more cameras which are starlight. Those that ask I will recommend you as a vendor to buy from.
oh i see, should be the 46XX cam right? No problem, just let me know when you need them, thanks.

rkilpa

n3wb
Reaction score
lens.JPG
Hi Rkilpa,

Excellent!

Did you take any photos on how to change out the lens? Would like to see how much work it is.
Didn't take photos of the steps, but it couldn't be easier... Tools needed: Xacto knife. Jeweler size phillips-head screwdriver.

Found the lens from a seller on eBay. He even made a special listing. Search LNB8005 lens. Don't do the "buy-it-now", make an offer. He also has different powers available. I'm toying with the idea of going up to 16mm for even a narrower field of view.

There are 4 screws located on the very corners under the black matte masking on the front of the camera. Just take the xacto knife to carefully lift up one of the corners and the mask peals off. Once the 4 small phillips-head screws are exposed and removed the cover separates from the body. The cover has wires attached to the body but they're long enough to allow access to the lens without disconnecting them. The lens is glued in place where the threads meet the base. Simply slice through the glue with the xacto knife at the base and the old lens unscrews easily. Insert the new lens and power up the camera so you can screw it in to adjust the focus. The lens turns with enough resistance that I did not glue it once focus was achieved as it will not be subjected to vibration. I reused the foam ring from the original lens. Just reassemble the case in reverse order. Reattach the mask. The mask appears to stick well with the residual glue. My only concern is how well the mask will continue to adhere to the cover in the future, but I could always apply some contact cement if becomes loose.

Although I successfully connected my old 1080p camera to this new NVR, it didn't have the same look as the new cameras, or the same functionality. The NVR wouldn't keep the settings for motion and even though the frame rate for recording was set to 30fps, the display rate couldn't be adjusted and the image motion looked choppy.

Now that the original camera is back in play, everything looks and works like it should, but now I can see 3X closer with 4K resolution.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't take photos, but it couldn't be easier... Tools needed: Xacto knife. Jeweler size phillips-head screwdriver.

Found the lens from a seller on eBay. He even made a special listing. Search LNB8005 lens. Don't do the "buy-it-now", make an offer. He also has different powers available. I'm toying with the idea of going up to 16mm for even a narrower field of view.

There are 4 screws located on the very corners under the black matte masking on the front of the camera. Just take the xacto knife to carefully lift up one of the corners and the mask peals off. Once the 4 small phillips-head screws are exposed and removed the cover separates from the body. The cover has wires attached to the body but they're long enough to allow access to the lens without disconnecting them. The lens is glued in place where the threads meet the base. Simply slice through the glue with the xacto knife at the base and the old lens unscrews easily. Insert the new lens and power up the camera so you can screw it in to adjust the focus. The lens turns with enough resistance that I did not glue it once focus was achieved as it will not be subjected to vibration. I reused the foam ring from the original lens. Just reassemble the case in reverse order. Reattach the mask. The mask appears to stick well with the residual glue. My only concern is how well the mask will continue to adhere to the cover in the future, but I could always apply some contact cement if becomes loose.

Although I successfully connected my old 1080p camera to this new NVR, it didn't have the same look as the new cameras, or the same functionality. The NVR wouldn't keep the settings for motion and even though the frame rate for recording was set to 30fps, the display rate couldn't be adjusted and the image motion looked choppy.

Now that the original camera is back in play, everything looks and works like it should, but now I can see 3X closer with 4K resolution.
THANKS Rkilpa!

[ thanks for the photo! ]

Last edited:

Chringuy

n3wb
Reaction score
Strange issue. I can't seem to get my MD to save via the NVR UI. All cameras are set to continuous. I have one of my backyard cams that I only need to record on MD. I'll try to connect to the camera directly today to check on settings. But any other thoughts on the matter?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Strange issue. I can't seem to get my MD to save via the NVR UI. All cameras are set to continuous. I have one of my backyard cams that I only need to record on MD. I'll try to connect to the camera directly today to check on settings. But any other thoughts on the matter?
Hi Chringuy,

FYI - I've put some notes into the SD wiki which maybe useful, including links to videos.

rkilpa

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an FYI...With the max recommended size 6TB hard drive, running 8 cameras with continuous 24/7 recording on all 8 channels at 4K resolution, 15FPS and with H.265 compression, I am able to store 296 hours (12.3 days) of video archive. Better than I expected.

Alligator

n3wb
Reaction score
Was at costco yesterday in california. They had about 8-10 of these on a pallet for 799.

Alligator

n3wb
Reaction score
Too bad they weren't starlight camera's.. would have picked it up in a heartbeat.. even so i was thinking about it..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Too bad they weren't starlight camera's.. would have picked it up in a heartbeat.. even so i was thinking about it..
IF they were starlight camera at that price I would have picked up all the inventory within 100 miles and started a business ;-)