FYI - Some local Costco B&M have a Lorex / Dahua OEM 4K 6x camera kit and 8 port NVR for $800

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - Lorex is running a contest starting 7/31 to win a kit w/the same cameras and a nicer NVR ( MixManSC noted the NVR in that kit is a NVR5216-16P-4KS2 and he was able to update the firmware w/some work to a Dahua OEM firmware )
Snap and Share a photo of your lorex camera to win

TampaFinz

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to successfully use the 2-way audio and siren/lights on this system? I have it setup on a bench to test, but I cannot seem to get the 2-way audio to work through the cameras using any of the apps or web interface.

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had this system for a while now and figured it'd be nice to post my experience just in case someone else might find it helpful.

The Lorex system has been running 24/7 and hasn't shut down (as far as I know). It's connected to a UPS, and continued to record during a power outage. I've found the camera quality to be excellent during the day, and at night it's good enough. It has color night vision, but at times the black and white is better quality.

The NVR is a complete mess in my opinion. I don't know if it's me or if the NVR just isn't all that good. I have it set to record continuously and the motion detection is also on. It'll allow me to watch footage without a problem, but when trying to save footage it won't allow me to save the full time asking on one clip. For example, if I'm trying to save two minutes, and after the first 30 seconds there is motion, it won't allow me to download the full two minutes in one clip. It'll download 30 seconds, then it'll download the motion clip, and then it'll download the rest of the clip without motion. It's really annoying. I don't know if a setting should be charged or if that's just how it is.

Also, I've used the gDMSS application on Android. It's alright, but I don't really like it. I prefer Tiny Cam Monitor Pro. I've also used the Smart PSS for the computer. I've had the same issue with the continuous and motion detection with saving clips.

I've seen it recommended on here for years that Blue Iris is the way to go. I was originally looking for simplicity, and a low cost setup, but after the frustration with the NVR and finding an excellent deal on a computer I decided to go ahead with Blue Iris. Hopefully my experience will it be a lot better.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen it recommended on here for years that Blue Iris is the way to go. I was originally looking for simplicity, and a low cost setup, but after the frustration with the NVR and finding an excellent deal on a computer I decided to go ahead with Blue Iris. Hopefully my experience will it be a lot better.
your experience will be 100x better..its night and day.

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
cant beat the price on the pc...normally I used the business machines but it should be fine and at that price its hard to knock it...note that w10 home has less options to prevent auto updates but a bit of googling should help you find a way...

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cant beat the price on the pc...normally I used the business machines but it should be fine and at that price its hard to knock it...note that w10 home has less options to prevent auto updates but a bit of googling should help you find a way...
Thanks!

Forgot to mention I got this too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GAATOG/

The wiring for all of the cameras are upstairs, with one wire coming downstairs to the router. So, I'll just plug this in upstairs with a UPS, and have that one wire come down to this (which I also purchased): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A128S24/

Then, the plan is to plug an Ethernet cable with an Internet connection in the five port switch (in addition to the camera cable mentioned above) and then plug yet another cable in the switch to connect to the computer.

I'm assuming that setup will work..?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Forgot to mention I got this too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GAATOG/

The wiring for all of the cameras are upstairs, with one wire coming downstairs to the router. So, I'll just plug this in upstairs with a UPS, and have that one wire come down to this (which I also purchased): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A128S24/

Then, the plan is to plug an Ethernet cable with an Internet connection in the five port switch (in addition to the camera cable mentioned above) and then plug yet another cable in the switch to connect to the computer.

I'm assuming that setup will work..?
you will want to plug the cable from upstairs into the 5 port switch an the BI machine into the same switch...then a cable from the 5 port switch to the router...this way not data from the cams passes the router...

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you will want to plug the cable from upstairs into the 5 port switch an the BI machine into the same switch...then a cable from the 5 port switch to the router...this way not data from the cams passes the router...
I'm a little confused. Isn't that what I just said?

Basically, the Ethernet from upstairs, Ethernet from the router, and Ethernet to Blue Iris PC are all plugged in the five port switch, correct? Do they need to be plugged in a certain way?

Thanks for your help and patience.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Isn't that what I just said?

Basically, the Ethernet from upstairs, Ethernet from the router, and Ethernet to Blue Iris PC are all plugged in the five port switch, correct? Do they need to be plugged in a certain way?

Thanks for your help and patience.
when you said one wire coming down to the router it implied it was plugged into the router...I just wanted to clarify.

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when you said one wire coming down to the router it implied it was plugged into the router...I just wanted to clarify.
Sorry for the confusion.

I'm planning on plugging it in the five port switch.

I'm assuming it'll still connect to the router that way, so it'll still need to be secured somehow.

I made a post here: Easiest Way to Secure Camera System

Maybe you can take a look when you have a minute. I'm trying to figure out how to make the Blue Iris setup secure.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to a 4,6 or 8 channel NVR that will work with the LNB8005 cameras?

I bought this sytem from Costco and used 4 cameras on one house so I have 2 extra that I wanted to use at another property.
I was going to buy 2 add-on cameras but also need an NVR.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some lorex costco kits included the following camera

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does costco have any new Dahua cameras with NVR?
Costco typically has a Lorex kit / branded kits available that are Dahua OEM.

Recently they have been including cameras using smaller sensors, so I would skip on those offerings.

Last edited: