FYI - Some local Costco B&M have a Lorex / Dahua OEM 4K 6x camera kit and 8 port NVR for $800

Defog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Arjun,

Buy a BI machine and PoE switch, or upgrade NVR to 16 port from Andy.

Or
Costco has Q-see brand which is also a Dahua OEM and they've got a 16 port NVR w/4 4K cameras on sale for $850
Costco Wholesale

Hopefully those you know picking this particular kit augment it with some of the starlights, that would seem to be a good option for a lot of people imho.
The Canadian Costco has the same item number but a slightly different description with double the price. Was wondering if they were the same set even?

Costco Wholesale

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Canadian Costco has the same item number but a slightly different description with double the price. Was wondering if they were the same set even?

Costco Wholesale
Hi Defog,

Different product - USA online has that one also.. the one in this post does not appear online, but only in store. It is possible that it may also be in store in Canada - worth checking.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like a good deal.... do we know what cameras are in this setup? It looks like these cams do not record audio. If I plug in a 5231 would I get the audio from that cam recorded on the NVR? One benefit seems to be the FLIR app and free cloud storage... Do we know which NVR in the package? One reason I'm asking is that it would help to understand what the real value is.

Thanks,

Robert

FYI -

Lorex currently ( 12/22/2017 ) has a similar version with a 16 port NVR and similar cameras ( 6x 4K ) for
$939.99
Use the 15% off code, SAVE15 and it drops to $799

Very nice deal, and leaves you plenty of ports for Dahua OEM starlight cameras!
4K Ultra HD IP 16 Channel NVR System with 6 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Cameras, 130FT Night Vision, 3TB Hard Drive

Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons, Promo Codes & Discounts

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a good deal.... do we know what cameras are in this setup? It looks like these cams do not record audio. If I plug in a 5231 would I get the audio from that cam recorded on the NVR? One benefit seems to be the FLIR app and free cloud storage... Do we know which NVR in the package? One reason I'm asking is that it would help to understand what the real value is.

Thanks,

Robert
HI Robert,

This is no doubt the most cost effective option I have yet seen with decent kit cameras.

Cameras in that kit do not have microphones, however with 16 ports you can buy Dahua OEM starlight cameras and nicely augment the kit.

Note - I understand that Lorex does not support IVS features.. so that is one downside. Otherwise this is the best deal I have seen.

Do look at the links and documentation there - we've documented it very well, and the NVR appears to be fairly decent - and the cameras will work with Blue Iris should you want to upgrade in the future.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Note:

@warrenisarobot has done some recent ONVIF testing of the cameras and while the camera does have an RTSP feed ( and thus works with Blue Iris and other 3rd party products ) he has not been able to find a way to enable ONVIF service from the camera's interface and the camera does not respond to ONVIF probe requests. ( typically many cameras need to have ONVIF service turned on, and then they will respond to ONVIF probes - Axis is one example of another brand which does this, and from the notes I have seen you actually have to create an ONVIF user on the IP camera )

Thanks Warren!

Also note, that recently Costco has a Q-see 12x 4K camera kit w/NVR selling for $1700 from Costco which is also a Dahua OEM product. The good thing about Q-see is that they do not disable the Dahua OEM IVS feature, just relabel it as Q-see IVA.

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all. Hoping to get some help and or knowledge regarding my recent purchase of: H4K Ultra HD IP 16 Channel NVR System with 6 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Cameras, 130FT Night Vision, 3TB Hard Drive

The NVR model reads LNR616. I have set it up for testing with one of the supplied lorex 4k cameras connected to the POE port, and connecting to my 4 existing (oem China) IP cameras connected to my LAN.
I have successfully set up Motion recording and email notification on the Lorex camera
I can view and continuously record on the off brand IP cameras connected on the same LAN network as the LNR616,
However, I can not get the NVR to accept the MOTION record settings on the off brand cameras. It does not work. Settings do not stick no matter what I do.
Perhaps the off brand cameras are not compatible - Does anyone have any suggestions (work around) to make the LNR616 motion record from the off-brand cameras? These cameras do have motion recording settings in their internal web server settings (currently not turned on).

I have too much invested in the off brand cameras so unfortunately if I can't find a solution the LOREX kit goes back and I suppose I try another nvr or BI (BI trial version seemed to play nice with all of my different brand cameras, however I wanted a cheaper NVR solution).

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all. Hoping to get some help and or knowledge regarding my recent purchase of: H4K Ultra HD IP 16 Channel NVR System with 6 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Cameras, 130FT Night Vision, 3TB Hard Drive

The NVR model reads LNR616. I have set it up for testing with one of the supplied lorex 4k cameras connected to the POE port, and connecting to my 4 existing (oem China) IP cameras connected to my LAN.
I have successfully set up Motion recording and email notification on the Lorex camera
I can view and continuously record on the off brand IP cameras connected on the same LAN network as the LNR616,
However, I can not get the NVR to accept the MOTION record settings on the off brand cameras. It does not work. Settings do not stick no matter what I do.
Perhaps the off brand cameras are not compatible - Does anyone have any suggestions (work around) to make the LNR616 motion record from the off-brand cameras? These cameras do have motion recording settings in their internal web server settings (currently not turned on).

I have too much invested in the off brand cameras so unfortunately if I can't find a solution the LOREX kit goes back and I suppose I try another nvr or BI (BI trial version seemed to play nice with all of my different brand cameras, however I wanted a cheaper NVR solution).

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hi jjdhtv,

The Lorex NVR iirc is ONVIF compliant - that is you should be able to connect it with ONVIF compliant cameras and get interoperability.

Questions:
1) Are the "oem chinese" cameras ONVIF compliant?
2) IF so, which ONVIF profile and version?

If they are ONVIF compliant you may need to turn on the ONVIF functionality in the camera's interface.
In the NVR you may need to indicate the camera is communicating based on the ONVIF spec. ( this is info from what I have read, as I do not have this particular model )

In general - for the best interoperability you should match either Hikvision OEM cameras with Hikvision OEM NVRs, or Dahua OEM cameras with Dahua OEM NVRs.

If you have another branded chinese oem camera - you should see if they have a NVR for those cameras.

Another option is to use Blue Iris, and this works well when you have a mix of cameras which are able to provide rtsp feeds.

If you purchased that Lorex kit during a BF-cyberweek deal, or the recent deal posted at SD you got a great deal on that set and it maybe worth investing in additional Dahua OEM starlights to augment this kit and sell the other cameras you have if they are significantly more affordable models whose functionality can easily be replaced.

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for the reply
yes the cameras are onvif compliant (however one of them is old - onvif 1.0, others are 2.x)
When the Lorex nvr searches for network cameras, it pulls up two different settings for the same camera ip address (one is labeled onvif set on the default port, the other is labeled PRIVATE set to port 37000) I have tried both. Less interface issues with the PRIVATE port 37000. Neither seem to support Motion triggers

I hear you regarding replacing my existing cameras. However 2 of them are rather expensive to replace PTZ ( 20x zoom 4mp) cameras that I really like. Very happy with the picture quality and the function they provide - time will tell regarding build quality.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the reply
yes the cameras are onvif compliant (however one of them is old - onvif 1.0, others are 2.x)
When the Lorex nvr searches for network cameras, it pulls up two different settings for the same camera ip address (one is labeled onvif set on the default port, the other is labeled PRIVATE set to port 37000) I have tried both. Less interface issues with the PRIVATE port 37000. Neither seem to support Motion triggers

I hear you regarding replacing my existing cameras. However 2 of them are rather expensive to replace PTZ ( 20x zoom 4mp) cameras that I really like. Very happy with the picture quality and the function they provide - time will tell regarding build quality.
HI jjhdtv,

See if you can update the firmware to provide better ONVIF support on the cameras. iirc onvif 1.0 may only give you record. Check if the other levels give you want you are looking for.

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I give with the Lorex LNR616 nvr. Nice machine works well with the supplied kit lorex cameras. However, it does not play nice with my existing cameras. Going back to a Blue Iris build. I do like the cameras. Got me thinking about selling the LNR616 and keeping the cameras. Not sure if I'm breaking forum rules but if someone is interested in a brand new LNR616 (16 poe, with 3tb hd) please contact.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I give with the Lorex LNR616 nvr. Nice machine works well with the supplied kit lorex cameras. However, it does not play nice with my existing cameras. Going back to a Blue Iris build. I do like the cameras. Got me thinking about selling the LNR616 and keeping the cameras. Not sure if I'm breaking forum rules but if someone is interested in a brand new LNR616 (16 poe, with 3tb hd) please contact.
FYI - there is a classified section here.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like its available in Canada now. Or something similar. Is this a good deal?

Costco Wholesale
Hi Defog,

That is a different kit, which I have not looked closely at. Note the cameras in that kit are 4MP not 4K / 8MP.

The kit mentioned here - for $799 will be on sale soon w/ $100 off thus $699.xx . ( iirc the sale in the States starts 2/8/2018 )

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea I just saw that mailer. System is 100.00 off.

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update: $150 off in warehouse, looks like this will be the last chance on this kit. Online is sold out.

$150 manufacturer's savings** is valid 6/18/18 through 6/27/18. While supplies last.
Do you think they would honor a price adjustment if it was purchased back when you first posted about it?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think they would honor a price adjustment if it was purchased back when you first posted about it?
HI Scquestions - I believe that would be problematic. I understand after .. maybe 30 days, you have to return and rebuy.

You could try, you probably would have to take the kit in and see if the manager accepts the return without too many issues.

Though, you have to count the amount of work it would take to unmount and repack everything.

If the kit is working for you, I probably would not go into that amount of effort for $150.