Gas prices

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I was at a heavy equipment auction this morning. This thing came up on auction. It appears to be a ride-on, gas powered/battery powered electric gener-mower.........of some sort.:headbang: Well, anyway, I looked it up online. Lowes sold them...(go figure), but the company had a mass recall, because the mower deck has a bad habit of spitting whirling lawn mower blades out from under it's deck @ 18,0000 RPM, the electric mowing deck turned on all by itself and the unit seems to have had a habit of driving off by itself with the electric hedge clippers in tow behind it, all while the city boys, with flailing arms and dropped White Claws, are chasing it across the lawn , attempting to catch it before it slams into their neighbors house or pool @ 17mph........(I want to be a fly on the wall when the HOA discusses that event). Anyway, the manufacturer no longer is in business.

683_1.jpeg683_2.jpeg683_3.jpeg683_4.jpeg683_5.jpeg683_7.jpeg683_8.jpeg683_9.jpeg

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I was at a heavy equipment auction this morning. This thing came up on auction. It appears to be a ride-on, gas powered/battery powered electric gener-mower.........of some sort.:headbang: Well, anyway, I looked it up online. Lowes sold them...(go figure), but the company had a mass recall, because the mower deck has a bad habit of spitting whirling lawn mower blades out from under it's deck @ 18,0000 RPM, the electric mowing deck turned on all by itself and the unit seems to have had a habit of driving off by itself with the electric hedge clippers in tow behind it, all while the city boys, with flailing arms and dropped White Claws, are chasing it across the lawn , attempting to catch it before it slams into their neighbors house or pool @ 17mph........(I want to be a fly on the wall when the HOA discusses that event). Anyway, the manufacturer no longer is in business.

View attachment 131093View attachment 131094View attachment 131096View attachment 131098View attachment 131100View attachment 131101View attachment 131102View attachment 131103
Mmmmm....found one video of one in use. My belly now hurts from laughing too hard....:rofl:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Leftist/Democrat meltdown....

How quickly they forget about what Trump did for gas prices, and the nation as a whole.

Warning graphic language

January 20st, 2021. The very first thing her god did was sign an executive order sealing the fate of petroleum prices. Her temper tantrum rant has absolutely nothing to do with the right. But, I'm preaching to the choir, here.....

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Leftist/Democrat meltdown....

How quickly they forget about what Trump did for gas prices, and the nation as a whole.

Warning graphic language

Umkay. I don't know what that platform is, but I think it says that person has 60,000 "likes". Is that Brittany Spears or something to have so many people watching that would also give "likes"?

I'm curious what the theory of "religious right causes high gas prices" is. Assuming she thinks Joe Biden and Kamala Harris is the religious right based on the non-existent context she gave.

Last edited:

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m just waiting for the first story about how a power company shut off the power of a resident because they didn’t pay their skyrocketed bill because the only vehicles they own are electric cars.

So with no power in the house they can’t charge their car. Then there is a lawsuit towards the power company because there was a medical emergency and they couldn’t get to the hospital because the power company turned the power off to their house and their cars were dead……

It’s going to happen and scumbag lawyers are going to have fun with that one.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m just waiting for the first story about how a power company shut off the power of a resident because they didn’t pay their skyrocketed bill because the only vehicles they own are electric cars.

So with no power in the house they can’t charge their car. Then there is a lawsuit towards the power company because there was a medical emergency and they couldn’t get to the hospital because the power company turned the power off to their house and their cars were dead……

Is that you, Alex Jones?

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Can someone sue the oil companies for charging so much for gas? I mean, if charging an EV breaks the bank to the point I can't pay my bills, then filling up a gas burner certainly would, too, and much sooner. My EV cost 2.5 cents per mile with an electricity rate of 9 cents/kwh. That's several times cheaper than what an ICE vehicle costs per mile.

What if I break down a mile short of the emergency room because I couldn't afford to put gas in my tank?!?!? LOL, you anti-ev folks sound silly. Drive whatever you want, but don't vilify alternate modes of transportation just because you don't understand it.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I set it for comfort, not to save the planet. I drive an EV to save money, not the planet.
That’s Brandon’s handlers plan. Raise the cost of oil so high that it is economical to buy and drive a EV.

No one except a liberal would have considered a EV under “the bad orange man” when we were energy independent and had cheap fuel for these evil environment destroying gas and diesel vehicles.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That’s Brandon’s handlers plan. Raise the cost of oil so high that it is economical to buy and drive a EV.

No one except a liberal would have considered a EV under “the bad orange man” when we were energy independent and had cheap fuel for these evil environment destroying gas and diesel vehicles.
It was economical to drive EVs even when gas was cheap. It cost me 2.5 cents per mile today and it cost me the same 2.5 cents per mile in 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020. It has ALWAYS been cheaper to drive my electric car than an ICE car.

April of 2020 I filled up for $0.88 a gallon.

I miss those days.
You mean right at the beginning of a global pandemic and virtually all states (even the deep red states) having some type of stay at home order so nobody was travelling? Those days? Gee, I wonder why gas was so cheap if everyone was told to stay home and get paid by the Trump administration?

PS. I'm not a liberal.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
That's weird, nobody has told me to lower my AC usage, and my electric car is charging just fine as I type this. My house is set to 70°, how in the world is this working right now?!?!?
It's working right now because as a percentage not that many people have EVs to charge, and the existing grid is handling it. I don't sense that there are a lot of "anti" EV people around. The resentment is about those who want to keep their ICE vehicle being punished with high fuel prices, and having EV adoption shoved down their throats. This shoving of EVs could well parallel what happened with government promoted residential solar, where all ratepayers were skimmed to subsidize those who installed solar, for both installation and ongoing operational expense. All of a sudden the governments and power companies are realizing that the residential solar installations are a negative on the grid, and quickly changing the monthly subsides into monthly surcharges, with California leading the way.

qflyer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's working right now because as a percentage not that many people have EVs to charge, and the existing grid is handling it. I don't sense that there are a lot of "anti" EV people around. The resentment is about those who want to keep their ICE vehicle being punished with high fuel prices, and having EV adoption shoved down their throats. This shoving of EVs could well parallel what happened with government promoted residential solar, where all ratepayers were skimmed to subsidize those who installed solar, for both installation and ongoing operational expense. All of a sudden the governments and power companies are realizing that the residential solar installations are a negative on the grid, and quickly changing the monthly subsides into monthly surcharges, with California leading the way.
And it will continue to work because as EVs become more popular, the grid will grow to accommodate the higher demand.

Nobody is "punishing" ICE vehicles or their owners with high gas prices, and the gas prices aren't high to shove EVs down anyone's throat. When gas spiked to over $4/gal under Republican POTUS GWB in 2008, was that to push EVs? No, they barely existed. Gas prices fluctuate.

Stop it with the crazy conspiracy theories. I bet you were one of the folks against LED light bulbs, too.

I don't like the current price of gas either. I burn 15-20 gallons an hour in my boat and 40 GPH in my airplane. Gas on the water is $7/gal and avgas is getting close to $10/gal most places I go. It'll sort itself out in the next recession.