highon2str

n3wb
Reaction score
I've gone back to yandex in Australia.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've given up with Hikvision/Gmail.

I ask again: is there a reliable paid service or alternative to Gmail i can use please?

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've given up with Hikvision/Gmail.

I ask again: is there a reliable paid service or alternative to Gmail i can use please?

Not working in UK either........... agggghhhhh

spikegv

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup it's not working again. Can't believe hikvison still hasn't released any firmware updates for DVRs

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

goobs

n3wb
Reaction score
Doesn't look like Hikvision are bothered about supporting their customers. Especially the DVR model DS-7204HWI-SH which is still being sold in the UK despite them saying it has not been produced for a long time.
Just got this today:

Sawyer. Tao <taoweidong@hikvision.com>

I am sorry to tell you, this model is really old, and HQ has discontinued, so there will be no newer firmware in future, I suggest to use other mail account.

Best Regards,

Sawyer Tao

Tel: +86 15158132732

Kimo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank God I found this site/thread! I've been pulling my hair out for the past few weeks trying to figure out why my Hikvision cam and Gmail aren't playing nicely together. Sometimes it'll work and sometimes not. Right now it's not working again. :/ But I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank God I found this site/thread! I've been pulling my hair out for the past few weeks trying to figure out why my Hikvision cam and Gmail aren't playing nicely together. Sometimes it'll work and sometimes not. Right now it's not working again. :/ But I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

Welcome to the PARTY Kimo

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it was working for me with a different SMTP Port, but no longer working with both default port and the other port.... This sucks. It stop working on me this mroning

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i am using comcast email and is working for me, but gmail stopped again as of late last night...if your ISP provides an email account give it a try.

gamblor

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tried my isp mail server optus for us aussies which seems to work when using port 25 no SSL encryption. Not sure of the security implications of using port 25 but it works. Might help some other Australians with Optus.

**Bonus is it's much faster than yandex.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using my hosting service's SMTP service at the moment. Also go though port 25, no SSL. It's unsecure, but I doubt someone would have any interest gaining access to the pictures that are sent since I live in a cookie cutter home and nothing of much value to steal.

Kimo

n3wb
Reaction score
i am using comcast email and is working for me, but gmail stopped again as of late last night...if your ISP provides an email account give it a try.
Thanks, milk! I just switched to using my ISP's email account (Comcast also) and it works. :) Now when I hit the "Test" button in the Hikvision configurations page, I get the "Testing Succeeded" message. And when I walk by the camera and trigger the alarm, I get the email alert. So everything is working again for me. :)

My settings now...
Sender's Address/User Name: xxxxxxx@comcast.net
SMTP Server: smtp.comcast.net
SMTP Port: 465
Enable SSL: checked
Authentication: checked

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, milk! I just switched to using my ISP's email account (Comcast also) and it works. :) Now when I hit the "Test" button in the Hikvision configurations page, I get the "Testing Succeeded" message. And when I walk by the camera and trigger the alarm, I get the email alert. So everything is working again for me. :)

My settings now...

does anyone have gmail or any other email account working in UK? comcast i suppose is a no go in uk?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera with 5.1.6 firmware emails are working OK through yandex, NVR 7604NI-SEP email are not working again. The settings in both devices have not been changed for the past three weeks since when all devices and emails were working OK.

BobElHat

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are only sending email to a Gmail / Google Apps account you don't need to use any encryption or authentication. Just use:

Server: aspmx.l.google.com
Port: 25

Untick SSL, untick authentication

This is unencrypted on its way to Google, but if that doesn't bother you it works fine.

Edit:

If you have a paid Google Apps account it looks like you can set it up to relay email from a specified IP address and you can use SSL, with no further authentication and no TLS. Not tried it, but as it doesn't need TLS it should work with the Hik and would get you encryption.

Last edited by a moderator:

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are only sending email to a Gmail / Google Apps account you don't need to use any encryption or authentication. Just use:

Server: aspmx.l.google.com
Port: 25

Untick SSL, untick authentication

This is unencrypted on its way to Google, but if that doesn't bother you it works fine.

Edit:

If you have a paid Google Apps account it looks like you can set it up to relay email from a specified IP address and you can use SSL, with no further authentication and no TLS. Not tried it, but as it doesn't need TLS it should work with the Hik and would get you encryption.
I got testing failed while trying this.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

My settings now...
This worked perfectly I know have email notification again!!!