GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Hi Marcfon, I did create a free smtp2go and used that password, tried all ports not working with ,y DVR.
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Kieran, thanks and I have tried all sugestions on this site and nothing works for me.
have you opened the email port in your router ??

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its a start but really highlights the reason Hikvision get blamed or gmail come to that when most of the time it has nothing to do with either company, its mostly user error

agreed gmail did something odd a while back which threw us a curve ball

Unfortunately i do not use a BT hub however we can still try and resolve this

what do you see when you hit the edit button along side the bottom entry 2525 ?? i am hoping it is the tcp/udp setting ?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the 3 drop downs i guess indicate that tcp udp are selected and any would indicate wan ?? at least thats what i hope and would seem logical

what BT hub is it ?? smart hub, 3,4,5 ??

if i knew at least that way i could see what settings are what from the BT web site

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
changed to
[FONT=&quot]prefered 62.6.40.178[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]alternate 62.6.40.162[/FONT]

still no test email generated

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
your NVR, i think it was 192.168.254.111 ?? something like that, we now need to establish that your router with the device settings for CCTV is actually set to 192.168.254.111 or whatever is shown in your NVR tcp/ip settings

so just check that your router device ( cctv ) shows your NVR ip address

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hiky i feel bad for taking up so much of your time, Thank you for checking my configurations

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hmm, ok we changed a few setting for DNS and that is fine, they are the BT Broadband DNS settings so unless you find something weird happening that is out of the norm those settings should be fine there

the BT hub from what i can see is set correctly, the NVR does appear to be set correctly

stupid time now and grabbing at straws, we have a couple of things left to try

reboot the NVR but i guess you already tried that
hopefully using the smtp2go account you have sent and received emails from your pc, phone or smtp2go web page just to verify emails are being received and sent correctly
looking at the smtp2go website there are alternate ports that can be used in case of issues, you will need to change the port number in your NVR email settings and then do as you did before and add them to your router ( Device CCTV ) list so they can talk to the outside world, the ports offered are 8025, or 587

defo worth a shot at trying different ports but apart from that i am as stumped as you

ahh its no probs, i am no expert, the reason we are all here is to help and learn, and anyway the Mrs was watching some god awfull hospital program on the box so i got out of it and came and sat here on my pc for a while :)

Oh and dont worry too much about email failing pop up when hitting the test button, i get that but have no issues with email

Also what event are you expecting emails from ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hiky. i will try all the ports - reboot etc and just give it a smack!!!

I cannot thank you enough for your time

if no work i may have to get you to do teamviwer sometime!

You have a good evening and thanks again much appreciated

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PM sent manny

and anyone else reading the last page or 2 it may help you in some manner, we have yet to resolve the issue but we will get there, emails defo work its just finding the right combination of settings
Guys whats everyone else doing with no email notifications?

Are we all just waiting for a Hikvision fix? Unfortunately I've got a chinese rest of world mix.

Bet all those guys that saved a couple bucks on the chinese versions are kicking themselves and need to do the pain the MTD hack etc I guess.

Grrr I'm so pissed off at Google who break how many millions of devices in the world m2m etc that were setup using email.

Alastair Klasper etc what are you guys doing?