GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have not had the time or incentive to look at alternatives and quite frankly after years of checking false alarms emails multiple times a day I really enjoy the break from this.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not had the time or incentive to look at alternatives and quite frankly after years of checking false alarms emails multiple times a day I really enjoy the break from this.
I think many will realise how useless e-mail notifications are for most people!

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried virtually everything nothing worked..... If some one has a DVR set up can they tell me if working and what configs they using pls

spikegv

n3wb
Reaction score
Working on my DVR with gmail. Removed username, password and authentication. Using port 25 and my ISP SMTP address without SSL.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Working on my DVR with gmail. Removed username, password and authentication. Using port 25 and my ISP SMTP address without SSL.

Spikegv will try your method later this evening

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Alastair Klasper etc what are you guys doing?
I don't use email for motion notifications - there would be far too many.
But I do use gmail for video signal loss from the NVR.
It's many months since there was an actual video signal loss - but I just rebooted a camera and surrpise, surprise gmail didn't provide an email alert.
There is a corresponding video loss entry in the NVR log.
Looks like it's time to pick another of my various email accounts to try.

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally a message from Hikvision as below! Think I can be patient enough for 2 more weeks

Hi Manny,

We are having issues at the moment with Gmail.

At the end of the month Firmware version 3.3.3 will be released which will address this issue.

At the moment Gmail have stopped supporting SSL and so the new firmware that will be released will support TLS which Gmail DO support.

aerotaj

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same issue with gmail and my Hikvision IPCs not emailing alerts. Finally got it fixed. I did the following...

-Upgrade the Firmware on my IPC to V5.4.0
-Set the following settings in Advance Settings<Email
SMTP Server : smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port : 587
Email Encryption : TLS
Enabled STARTTLS
Enabled Authentication
Username : (gmail email address)
Password : (created and used gmail app password)

Hope it works for you guys.

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been reading this thread for the last 4 weeks as also been having the email issue!!

Tried everything and nothing works (ISP, Gmail everything, smpt2go etc etc).

Can someone please tell me if my dvr will receive an upgrade, I have seen some reports of guys saying their unit is too old and won't receive firmware upgrade.

This is my device type - DS-7104HGHI-E1 (have the Hikvision turbo package)

Last edited by a moderator:

marcfon

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm testing sendpulse.com as they offer 12000 free emails per month. Using these settings server: smtp-pulse.com, port: 2525, ssl off and username/password provided from senpulse I'm getting a parameter error from my 2CD2532F (5.2.0) when I send the test email. The strange thing is that sendpulse does register that an email was send but as the total number of emails left for this moment is lowered by 1. But the test email never arrives. I get the same parameter error by the way when I connect with ssl. Maybe some of you might have more luck with sendpulse.

marcfon

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm testing sendpulse.com as they offer 12000 free emails per month. Using these settings server: smtp-pulse.com, port: 2525, ssl off and username/password provided from senpulse I'm getting a parameter error from my 2CD2532F (5.2.0) when I send the test email. The strange thing is that sendpulse does register that an email was send but as the total number of emails left for this moment is lowered by 1. But the test email never arrives. I get the same parameter error by the way when I connect with ssl. Maybe some of you might have more luck with sendpulse.
I've found that sendgrid.com also offers 12k free emails per month (limit of 400 per day) and it actually works! Here are my settings server: smtp.sendgrid.net, port: 587, don't use ssl, same username/password that you use to login on sendgrid.com.

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
I've found that sendgrid.com also offers 12k free emails per month (limit of 400 per day) and it actually works! Here are my settings server: smtp.sendgrid.net, port: 587, don't use ssl, same username/password that you use to login on sendgrid.com.
Do you still use your gmail address as sender and receiver?

kozmo2k

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yandex with the default settings is still working for me, 6 cameras, DS-2CD2032/CD2332, firmware 5.2.3.

Sent from my V1S using Tapatalk

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
registered for Sendgrid, included setting as explained earlier - same problem, unable to send email.....!!! argh!!

butwhy

n3wb
Reaction score
1x DS-2CD2332-I2 v5.2.5 Build 141201 (Chinese)
6x DS-2CD2232-I5 v5.2.5 Build 141201 (Chinese)
DS-7608NI-E2/8P v3.3.1 with virtual host enabled
Australia

My gmail email alerts stopped working (after a year) despite app specific passwords.

I've tried Yandex with:
Username
smtp.yandex.com
Port 465, SSL
Unfortunately it keeps saying my username / password is wrong. This is with and without app specific passwords.

I've also tried my ISP's smtp server with the same error message

For those who have used Yandex successfully - what am I doing wrong?

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Sendgrid not work for me on DVR

smtp: smtp.sendgrid.com
smtp port: 587
username (sendgrid login)
password (sendgrid loggon)

Not work.....

kimbakat

n3wb
Reaction score
After 2 years working fine....our gmail email alerts stopped. The TEST no longer works. We tried OTHER email like icloud. Nothing works.

What happened???

Also I did find one other place that talked about GMAIL two step authentication maybe creating a block. The solution was to create a sub gmail account or a new gmail account but to NOT CHOOSE the 2 step authentication AND don't attach a phone number to it.

And that you have to use google DNS 8.8.8.8 as your primary DNS Server.
Someone said on another forum that it worked after gmail not working for 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
After 2 years working fine....our gmail email alerts stopped. The TEST no longer works. We tried OTHER email like icloud. Nothing works.

What happened???

Also I did find one other place that talked about GMAIL two step authentication maybe creating a block. The solution was to create a sub gmail account or a new gmail account but to NOT CHOOSE the 2 step authentication AND don't attach a phone number to it.

And that you have to use google DNS 8.8.8.8 as your primary DNS Server.
Someone said on another forum that it worked after gmail not working for 3 months.
Will test and revert back..

Dns on router or cctv?