GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
- - - Updated - - -

I think many will realise how useless e-mail notifications are for most people!
Why ?? it depends how you use them, mine are set for night notifications only, work perfectly well with few if any false alarms..

The so called installers who cant be arsed to do it properly and spend time fine tuning are the useless ones, not the ability to have them

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
work perfectly well with few if any false alarms..
If it's indoor then that's better setup, as yours appear to be. But few if any false alarms? I hope you don't have the motion setup the same.

And what are you going to do with these emails at 2am? E-mail notifications aren't a replacement for an alarm and most people use it like that.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
If it's indoor then that's better setup, as yours appear to be. But few if any false alarms? I hope you don't have the motion setup the same.

And what are you going to do with these emails at 2am? E-mail notifications aren't a replacement for an alarm and most people use it like that.
External only, email notifications are set to night on intrusion detection, motion is set to a schedule that does not overlap with intrusion

Fully and extensively tested with few if any false alerts, sensitivity tuned to just above fox level, all emails supply images and are monitored 24/7 with playback available via phone/tablet/pc

a lot of work went into fine tuning and making it all work, as i said ... some people just don't want to do it or simply don't understand how valuable emails are especially with images

hdog007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Sendgrid not work for me on DVR

smtp: smtp.sendgrid.com
smtp port: 587
username (sendgrid login)
password (sendgrid loggon)

Not work.....
Try port 2525
No SSL, but authentication yes.

That worked for me. Had to add the sender to my filters in gmail, otherwise all the messages were going to spam.

butwhy

n3wb
Reaction score
I've also used smtp2go to finally get around this problem. Ssl doesn't work, but at least the email alerts are working again

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try port 2525
No SSL, but authentication yes.

That worked for me. Had to add the sender to my filters in gmail, otherwise all the messages were going to spam.
I tried 2525 too no luck. no ssl thanks

Hikvision say there is a new release in 10 days for firmware on all of its products i think i can wait little longer before i jump on DVR!

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think many will realise how useless e-mail notifications are for most people!
Hmm interesting.. It's really useful for me and here's why.

I get too many notifications for motion - no surprise trees, sun, etc.

But email notiifcation for me with respect to Line crossing and intrusion significantly reduces the false alarms.

Then armed with an email "real" event I can go directly to the retrieve in the SD card memory and retrieve the video. Couple times its helped us now with respect to women 3 pt turning and hitting our plastered wall.

Else without email notifications, any damage I'd have to go back and look at every motion/line/intrusion event on the sd card.

Of ocourse this is my current predicament, I have the NVR just havent integrated it yet.

I am aware that once I have the NVR going I can just put the filter on for enhanced triggers e.g. line intrusion and see just those.

So thats my situation....

Fricken notify surveillance center drives me nuts with motion the only thing that works. I have line and intrusion set for notify surveillance but it doesnt work AT ALL.

One day when I get a moment I'd setup a specific email account, and work out how to get the email account sync or notify to my phone when an email comes in, which will be a sort of line & intrusion notify my phone (surveillance center) .

e.g. Line intrusion alarm -> speciifc email account -> push notification there's an email -> creates sudo notify me

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All the emails are'bouncing'

I have added the gmail account I use onto my outlook mail safe list but they seem to be getting stopped somehow.

Capture.PNG

Joby619

n3wb
Reaction score
Sendgrid without SSL works on my LaView NVR that I flashed with hik firmware. All other fixes have did not work with my Uverse internet provider.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And one I personally approve of... most people being the key.

Once you've got an NVR then please record 24/7 and use Event to highlight interests. You can f-fwd through this quickly.
yeah will do. i started integrating this a while back but more urgent things came up.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi yeah will do. got a 5tb so sld have good time period for recording.

im getting 6 weeks now with the sdcard

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had a lot of trouble with this. I even reset the camera to factory defaults thinking I had a setting that flaked out. But since for reasons others probably share I cannot update the firmware, the only solution I have found to work for gmail is to use the aspmx.l.google.com settings. Explained here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en
Port 25, no authentication, no SSL.

Rob Mugs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I just wanted to chime in here that they are aware of the issue and working on a firmware update for several units. I believe someone else already mentioned this, but it is due to the way GMAIL is being secured now (using TSL versus SSL).

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I just wanted to chime in here that they are aware of the issue and working on a firmware update for several units. I believe someone else already mentioned this, but it is due to the way GMAIL is being secured now (using TSL versus SSL).
It wasn't the most reliable before then. Hikvision should've sorted this out months ago and implemented TLS. They're reliable units but they're not innovators.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So if u want gmail notify its best to avoid hik cams? What about the Chinese cams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also the fw coming in 10 days.will that be for every usa hik cam old and new?I noticed nelly has a sale on older model hiks.dont know if that has to do with the email thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
when will they come with new NVR firmware wich supports TLS?