GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
when will they come with new NVR firmware wich supports TLS?
Finally a message from Hikvision as below! Think I can be patient enough for 2 more weeks

Hi Manny,

We are having issues at the moment with Gmail.

At the end of the month Firmware version 3.3.3 will be released which will address this issue.

At the moment Gmail have stopped supporting SSL and so the new firmware that will be released will support TLS which Gmail DO support.
Manny's information earlier in this thread concurs what we've heard too, so it shouldn't be too long now.

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have tried GMX also, still same problems, test mail works fine though, both on my NVR as wel as my CAMS.

line crossing does not trigger an email event after recent firmware upgrade, v5.4.0 160401 FW with TLS and NVR with v3.4.62 firmware ( DS-7607ni-I2)

xaxoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Do You think that old cameras will also get update ? I have DS-2CD8464F-EI (TYPE C), it is working as home alarm and without email is useless...

buoy

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, been following the thread with interest, I have one of these brought from xinray off aliexpress.com a year or so ago:

Model DS-2CD3132-I
Serial No. DS-2CD3132-I20150402CCCH5xxxxx
Firmware Version V5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

It was using gmail and ssl and stopped working back on July 7th. To add to the annoyance my isp blocks port 25...
Anyway I have a work around of sorts, I thought I'd share, it might help others. My one camera is on same network as synology NAS - the nas records the video captured etc. I have setup the camera to use port 25 and send to the NAS running its built in mail server software, the software on the NAS (postfix in back-end) simply forwards the mail using TLS to gmail and my alerts are back in business, when my NAS is running. I think a similar setup could be achieved by any other postfix capable device on your network, raspberryPi perhaps etc. I can perhaps share screenshots of setup if it helps anyone. My Nas is on a schedule to turn on in the morning when I leave for work and I tend to turn it off when home at night, so this method should actually work out quite well, I can leave camera on all night now, visitors will see the IR lights, but I am not spammed etc...

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi, been following the thread with interest, I have one of these brought from xinray off aliexpress.com a year or so ago:

Model DS-2CD3132-I
Serial No. DS-2CD3132-I20150402CCCH5xxxxx
Firmware Version V5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

It was using gmail and ssl and stopped working back on July 7th. To add to the annoyance my isp blocks port 25...
Anyway I have a work around of sorts, I thought I'd share, it might help others. My one camera is on same network as synology NAS - the nas records the video captured etc. I have setup the camera to use port 25 and send to the NAS running its built in mail server software, the software on the NAS (postfix in back-end) simply forwards the mail using TLS to gmail and my alerts are back in business, when my NAS is running. I think a similar setup could be achieved by any other postfix capable device on your network, raspberryPi perhaps etc. I can perhaps share screenshots of setup if it helps anyone. My Nas is on a schedule to turn on in the morning when I leave for work and I tend to turn it off when home at night, so this method should actually work out quite well, I can leave camera on all night now, visitors will see the IR lights, but I am not spammed etc...
nice intiative...

DarkSim

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
maybe I am just stupid, but in the 5.4.0 versions is TLS installed right? I have a CUBE cam with TLS in it and a DOME came with TLS. Both on latest firmware?

Rob Mugs

n3wb
Reaction score
Another question somewhat related. I want to find the newest firmware but nothing is even close to my model number which is TVI-AR304-4. I don't think it's a grey market unit as it doesn't have a CH in the serial. It does have "AAWR" in the serial though. Is this a valid unit? Is there a comparable model that I can find firmware for? Currently running 3.3.2

Rob Mugs

n3wb
Reaction score
Might have answered my own question. It looks like Cantek and Hikvision are one of the same? My model looks EXACTLY like the Hikvision DS-7204HGHI-SH

Only difference is there is no Hikvision logo

ronans

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a lot of issues anyway basically after a lot of scanning around, SSL2 and SSL3 are no longer considered secure therefore smtp providers are no longer supporting them.

So if you check the SSL on your email setup it will not work with many SMTP providers. (Why gmail will fail)

I tried smpt2go and couldnt send via SSL, but I was able to send email test without the SSL checked.
Another problem I had, I could not send emails (motion detection or intrustion detection) whilst attachments was activated in the email settings.
When I turned off attachment images the notification emails would send with smtp2go. Anyone else find this?

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get screenshots to mine through smtp2go...using motion detection no ssl. See my #332 post above. This is all with gmail btw.

IMG_1047.PNG

IMG_1046.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

brookshire

n3wb
Reaction score
Another problem I had, I could not send emails (motion detection or intrustion detection) whilst attachments was activated in the email settings.
When I turned off attachment images the notification emails would send with smtp2go. Anyone else find this?

Yes I was experiencing the same thing, if I clicked to send attachment, the email would not go through.

The fix for me (at least so far) was to change my Resolution from 2688x1520 to 1920x1080p. I assume the problem was that the image file size may have been larger than my email service (Gmail using TLS on Hikvision firmware 5.4.0) would allow.

Last edited by a moderator:

NFS

n3wb
Reaction score
I was using Gmail in the UK but it has since stopped working, likely due to the SSL certifications mentioned in this thread.

I have a 5 camera setup, with often alot of activity so need an email service that will allow more than 1000 emails a month. Is anyone aware of an email provider that I can use here in the UK that will work with my HikVision setup? The email notifications are set up on my NVR.

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Might have answered my own question. It looks like Cantek and Hikvision are one of the same? My model looks EXACTLY like the Hikvision DS-7204HGHI-SH

Only difference is there is no Hikvision logo

Hey Rob i chased Hikvision for firmware 3,3,3 they said released on 15th !! They did say end of month before! i have the ds-720ghghi-sh and nothing worked to get email notifications since google started to get rid of ssl................... i have an email account with every supplier...

Chris_sa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried everything including the latest smtp2go and still not working. Strange I can send a test mail from the pc software but nothing from actual DVR. Hikvision sent me new firmware with tls option but when trying to upgrade it says "firmware mismatch"...

Getting really tired of this as we had a armed robbery in our street today and email alerts would have helped identified the cars used much quicker!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dasma

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone updated the LaView LV-N9808C8E (NVR) to 3.4.62 Version and LV-PB932F4 (Camera) to 5.3.0 version? I heard that this was supposedly fixed the gmail issue of ssl certification. Just wanted to ask before I install the new firmware on the cameras and NVR. Thanks.

okosub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its all fun and games and great they updated the firmware on the nvr but how about the cameras which suffer the same fate? I use my camera's directly to send emails bc the darn NVR images are worthless never mind that unless they fixed it recently it would after a while end up sending without images because the "buffer" would get full.

NFS

n3wb
Reaction score
Has the SSL issue for Gmail been resolved by new firmware for the NVR? I have NVR DS-7608NI/E2/8P/A which is currently running firmware v3.4.62 build 160503 and looking on HikVision firmware website this is the latest version for my NVR.