GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Request for information - help - problem with Gmail and Hikvision.
If you've read all 363 posts in this thread, and the many others in the various other threads on the same topic - then you know just as much as the rest of us.

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello alastairstevenson , I do not understand your message. I'm not really talented and good at English. Can you tell me more. The solution is in the link on the portal Hikvision? Thank you.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you've read all 363 posts in this thread, and the many others in the various other threads on the same topic - then you know just as much as the rest of us.
I'm glad for all your saintly patiently goodness that sometimes we are in the same boat!

I've deliberately avoided this thread for this exact reason.

Update: No solution yet for NVRs. But WR region cameras can be updated to v5.4.0 at your own peril which then supports Gmail TLS (I have personally tested that but prefer v5.3.8 firmware).

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Del Boy , all this seems complicated to me . I'm lost. I'll look more towards the gate of Hikvision . I will also ask for help to a colleague. Question, if I go through another mailbox Gmail, the problem will be solved? Example: Skynet , Yahoo ... Thanks

Hello Del Boy , all this seems complicated to me . I'm lost. I'll look more towards the gate of Hikvision . I will also ask for help to a colleague. Question, if I go through another mailbox Gmail, the problem will be solved? Example: Skynet , Yahoo ... ThanksHello Del Boy , all this seems complicated to me . I'm lost. I'll look more towards the gate of Hikvision . I will also ask for help to a colleague. Question, if I go through another mailbox Gmail, the problem will be solved? Example: Skynet , Yahoo ... ThanksHello Del Boy , all this seems complicated to me . I'm lost. I'll look more towards the gate of Hikvision . I will also ask for help to a colleague. Question, if I go through another mailbox Gmail, the problem will be solved? Example: Skynet , Yahoo ... Thanks

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Del Boy , all this seems complicated to me . I'm lost. I'll look more towards the gate of Hikvision . I will also ask for help to a colleague. Question, if I go through another mailbox Gmail, the problem will be solved? Example: Skynet , Yahoo ... Thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doesn't work for Gmail or Yahoo at the moment.

I thought Skynet was the Miles Dyson produced computer that controlled the Terminators.

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
NO ... Sorry, I did not specify. Skynet in Belgium is the portal on behalf of Proximus, Belgacom before. (Www.proximus.be). I tried but I have the same error message (server connection failure). Annoying. I have a pot that has Hikvison cameras and uses (Belgium) VOO mailbox (www.voo.be) and it has no problem. I am baffled, annoyed. Everything was fine and now, nothing.

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll have to leave you. It's late (11:35 p.m. in Belgium) and I work tomorrow, I get up early. If you have any ideas, I'm interested. Good night, see you tomorrow.

camipman

n3wb
Reaction score
Still trying to understand what is at play here. I also had lost the smtp ability a couple of months ago with gmail. Went through all the culprits with isp port blocking, dvr settings etc. Even tried yahoo and hotmail nothing. After everything Yandex is now working and restoring the line crossing picture alarms! :cool:

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
Still trying to understand what is at play here. I also had lost the smtp ability a couple of months ago with gmail. Went through all the culprits with isp port blocking, dvr settings etc. Even tried yahoo and hotmail nothing. After everything Yandex is now working and restoring the line crossing picture alarms! :cool:

Hello Camipman,, thank you already for your message . So if I understand correctly, no solution yet ( gmail, hotmail, yahoo ... ) . Solution with the mailbox Yandex . Cordially.
Hello , thank you already for your message . So if I understand correctly, no solution yet ( gmail, hotmail, yahoo ... ) . Solution with the mailbox Yandex . Cordially.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello , thank you already for your message . So if I understand correctly, no solution yet ( gmail, hotmail, yahoo ... ) . Solution with the mailbox Yandex . Cordially.

camipman

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes...just is weird that others have different things that work but 465 smtp.yandex.com Yandex mail worked for me.

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score

Hello Camipman,
Yandex tests done with a camera ( email received ):).
But tests done with Yandex on multiple cameras ( user error or password) :sad2::(, Yandex smpt same configuration for the cameras. Do you have an idea?
Thank you

camipman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Camipman,
Yandex tests done with a camera ( email received ):).
But tests done with Yandex on multiple cameras ( user error or password) :sad2::(, Yandex smpt same configuration for the cameras. Do you have an idea?
Thank you

Yes you are right...I used one receiver and it works fine. I then entered a second and third but then it all failed and didn't start working for like 15min or something until I got messages back working with one. But if I test with all three email entries it will send a test message to all three but will not send alarm messages to any of the three. Why the hell is this setting been so difficult to set these days?

Does anyone know what the issue is with this feature?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
Not easy situation. Very difficult. With a camera (yes) but many ( not).
Thank you for your reply. I'll watch . Good night.

camipman

n3wb
Reaction score
After messing around with the email setup...it works when it wants to. I see the alarm show but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else still having issues with this feature?

Reaction score
Hello From Argentina, i have the same problem in a DVR (DS-7216HGHI-SHST), I have read and tried all the possibles solutions but still the same problem here, i tried with smtp2go, sendgrind, anyone still have the same problem? sorry for my english.-

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst not really wishing to add to this huge thread, and not really sure if I have anything to actually add, I'd updated my 7816N-E2 CN NVR with this firmware, the ML version and thought I'd test gmail.
Previously, 3.3.4 used to work OK, but like many others, it stopped a few weeks back.
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.80 build160718 English+Multi-lingual/
What I don't know is if it's one of those "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" situations.
But it's worked OK for a couple of days.
My Google account is (and this setting hasn't been changed) set to allow less secure apps.
The NVR settings are SSL enabled, Authentication enabled, server=smtp.gmail.com on port 587
The NVR log of the 'Test' button being pressed does look a little messy - but I'm not sure if that's normal, or if the NVR is just managing to bumble its way through.
Code:
[root@dvrdvs /] #
Connect to SMTP server ok.
SSL_connect failed!!
2550834368:error:1408F10B:lib(20):func(143):reason(267):NA:0:
Connect to SMTP server ok.
#### msgRecv = 220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP v134sm4436582wmf.10 - gsmtp
msg = EHLO dvrdvs
####### msgRecv = 250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [95.145.53.32]
250-SIZE 35882577
250-8BITMIME
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-CHUNKING
250 SMTPUTF8
####### msgRecv = 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS

uid65252

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, been following the thread with interest, I have one of these brought from xinray off aliexpress.com a year or so ago:

Model DS-2CD3132-I
Serial No. DS-2CD3132-I20150402CCCH5xxxxx
Firmware Version V5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

It was using gmail and ssl and stopped working back on July 7th. To add to the annoyance my isp blocks port 25...
Anyway I have a work around of sorts, I thought I'd share, it might help others. My one camera is on same network as synology NAS - the nas records the video captured etc. I have setup the camera to use port 25 and send to the NAS running its built in mail server software, the software on the NAS (postfix in back-end) simply forwards the mail using TLS to gmail and my alerts are back in business, when my NAS is running. I think a similar setup could be achieved by any other postfix capable device on your network, raspberryPi perhaps etc. I can perhaps share screenshots of setup if it helps anyone. My Nas is on a schedule to turn on in the morning when I leave for work and I tend to turn it off when home at night, so this method should actually work out quite well, I can leave camera on all night now, visitors will see the IR lights, but I am not spammed etc...
can you please share screenshots of camera email setup. i tried also to use a raspberry as a SMTP relay to gmail but may be i did not config my camera correct. until now i did not have success.

Mannyk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Sorry been away but Hikvision emailed me firmware and mine all working ! Adios amigos