GMAIL Failure? Anyone Else?

sp9dlm

n3wb
Reaction score
My Hikvision 2cd2032-I (v5.2.5) does not work with gmail,
but the camera for $ 30 with aliexpress works with gmail (SSL)
Both cameras use the same e-mail account gmail !!
Both cameras operate on the same network !!

Is this error in Gamil or in the camera software ???

Today I read 23 pages and I have a headache !!

or if you upload v5.4.0: "Once the upgrade to V5.4.0, it's impossible to return to previous versions."

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yandex Mail has worked flawlessly for me since Ryan @ Nelly's set it up for me..

smtp.yandex.com
smtp port 465
enable ssl yes

smpillai11

n3wb
Reaction score
Sendgrid.com works well. I tried Yandex but I am seeing username or password is incorrect (although I am using the correct credentials )

Yandex Mail has worked flawlessly for me since Ryan @ Nelly's set it up for me..

smtp.yandex.com
smtp port 465
enable ssl yes

Dasma

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried signing up for sendgrid, but it is asking for URL and company name. Do you have to have all that just to use it? Thanks

Dasma

n3wb
Reaction score
I just faked the company and position info. Street address too. The URL I left blank.
Thanks, I will try it out. Tired of not receiving email notification from my system.

Edit: They may have updated the requirement, the URL field must be field, else there is a red "Field required" note.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dasma

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone using sendgrid with Laview NVR, LV-N9808C8E. It is asking me for sender's address when setting up the email notification. I used my sendgrid user and password for those field, but what do I use for the sender's address. Thanks

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision released a firmware fix for this issue. Download version 3.4.12 for your NVR. Change port to 587 and it will work fine.

mrsean

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone updated the LaView LV-N9808C8E (NVR) to 3.4.62 Version and LV-PB932F4 (Camera) to 5.3.0 version? I heard that this was supposedly fixed the gmail issue of ssl certification. Just wanted to ask before I install the new firmware on the cameras and NVR. Thanks.
I updated the LV-N9808C8E to 3.4.62 and nothing changed until I read here that the SMTP port has to be 587. Now, I get emails again. Yay! My LV-PB932F4s are still running V5.2.0 build 140913.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have an idea when LTS might update their gear with the Hik fix? I am going to try Sendgrid for now but I wonder if LTS will catch up in weeks, months, or never.

Dédé

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new member.
Request for information - help - problem with Gmail and Hikvision.
I have 3 Hikvision cameras models: DS-2CD2132, DS & DS-2CD2032-2CD3145f. Like many people, I do not remember receiving my alerts. I see the link here to solve this problem but I can not find my camera model. Can you guide me, tell me if my models there.
A big thank you in advance,