Help with external NVR cameras URL

maicol07

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an Herospeed NVR with several cameras attached through PoE ports. I can see all the cameras via the NVR web interface but I wouold like to setup them in another LAN app via HTTP, RTSP or ONVIF. I've tried some URLs found online but none worked. Do you know what I can use to do this or if there is an option in settings to enable external share?
Thanks

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an Herospeed NVR with several cameras attached through PoE ports. I can see all the cameras via the NVR web interface but I wouold like to setup them in another LAN app via HTTP, RTSP or ONVIF. I've tried some URLs found online but none worked. Do you know what I can use to do this or if there is an option in settings to enable external share?
Thanks
you have to forward port to your dvr than you can access with your external ip.

for exaple if your extenal ip is 210.241.2.11
you have write this adrees to your web browser with port. ex. (or whatever)

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Port forwarding is VERY risky...I would never recommend it. :blankstare:
oh no I have been using it for nearly 20 years. Before nvr all dvr is just working with port forward. Also we are using torrent and etc with port forward aswell. Just use strong password for nvr.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oh no I have been using it for nearly 20 years. Before nvr all dvr is just working with port forward. Also we are using torrent and etc with port forward aswell. Just use strong password for nvr.
Hi @Gurkut

Sort of like saying, I use a strong deodorant and that protects me from street hookers STDs when I go to the cheapest hoods.... sooner or later, you will get an infected willy... just a question of time..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - issue, is some internet connected products ( like IP cameras, NVRs / DVS ) have special "backdoor" accounts which the owners of the products have not been told about. So just making the base accounts you know with a good password, does not mean the backdoor account can not be popped.

Also, sometimes a reset of the device causes a factory default configuration to be loaded and that includes a default user / password pair which can be used remotely.

Another attack could be on the interface application itself...

so numerous ways to breech an exposed webservice / device... and many of the usual IP cameras / nvrs / dvrs do not have good cybersecurity ...