Hikvision 2032F On Camera SD Card Recording Setup Info?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
which hikvision cam is the best one that has sd card? seems this model has problems.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On a unrelated note, my 2032 won't save the wireless settings. Anyone have any ideas? Says "device error"

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is 2032F-IW. It sees the networks but can't save. Damm Chinese hacks.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that 2142 u mentioned is 1080p.so if i were to just use 720p feature on that cam it would be overkill for me? 4.1 mp is 2688×1520 or the quality of the overall video?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
2142 is 4MP. You can view it at less but having a higher MP allows you to zoom in should you need to.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh thats nice.that lts company is near where my sister lives.hopefully on the weekened when i visit i can check it out lol.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh thats nice.that lts company is near where my sister lives.hopefully on the weekened when i visit i can check it out lol.
I've got 2132 3MP domes and cube 2432 both with 5.2.5 and they work with 64Gb SD cards class 10 for HD video. They are both Chinese cameras with serial "CCH" .

After formatting it etc., you have to click "trigger channel" for it to record to the SD Card from the various detection modes. Yip initiative eh.

I use motion detection and line crossing but I only send emails for line detection which works great with almost no false alarms. With those settings I get about 8 weeks worth of recording on an 64Gb SD card.
The latest cameras on 5.3.5 have 128Gb capability but for me in NZ these are about $100 pricey.

Someone also said think fender, or I saw myself theres a technical bulletin on hikvision site which says which brands of sd card are certified to work. For me I got Apache and both mine work great.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After any changes have been made to the Record config, you must reboot or the SD card won't store anything. Just formating it is not enough.

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also had problems with my SD. (2532 iws) 5.2.0 both with hacked firmware from china and original firmware with mtd hack.

I had bought a 64 SDXC card from AE. The card works fine when I insert it in my laptop (adapter) . Pretty good speeds actually.

However, in the cam after the format process starts, the % number moves up till 26% and stays there for a long while and grey screen. Then after reboot it shows uninitialized.

I tried with a Sandisk 16 GB and works fine. I wonder if this happens bc of the SD card or the 64 Gig size or SDXC or what?

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did more testing on te 64MB card. When formatting the cam actually splits the partition in two 32MB ones. It seems to hit a snag while formatting the second one. The funny part is that if I try the same on my computer I also get error in formatting the second partition. Still working on it.
If anyone has any ideas pls pitch in.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've seen some of these Chinese cards advertise as 64 or 128 but when you try to fill it up, it doesn't work and errors out

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My biggest dilemma is why does the firmware split it in 2? The card formats just fine as fat 32 with ms-dos partition table at 64 gig. Just when I try to format it in the camera I get the 2 partitions.

Is this an issue for the 5.2.0 firmware? Should I try to upgrade?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The card formats just fine as fat 32 with ms-dos partition table at 64 gig.
Before upgrading the camera, it may be best to fully check out the card, or try another of the same size.
The fact that it formats with a different file system than the camera does not necessarily mean the card isn't masquerading as something it isn't.
Try filling it up beyond 32GB and see if all is OK.