Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Using SADP V2.2.3.5 Build 20150408.
That's an old version - presumably off the CD with the camera - it doesn't support the 'Device Activation' method of the newer firmware which is what you need for your new camera.
In device activation there is no default password any more - the device will not operate until you create your own strong enough password.
Update SADP to the V3.x version from here : http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks alastairstevenson.

Updated to SADP 3.0.0.2. SADP shows as Active under sSecurity. I have a note of the new password so I must have set it or tried to set it. It has been several months since I messed with this camera. My older DS-7608NI-SE/8P Hikvison NVR refused to see it. I patiently waited to get a good price on a Dell Optiplex 9020. Finally got Blue Iris going. I was able to change IP address and gateway address on the 3MP camera, and can see it in Blue Iris.

However the 4MP refuses to play nice. It is a "legit" camera from an authorized dealer so I will request reset file from Hikvision. In this case, I am glad I paid extra for a legit camera. Wrightwood gave me instructions on how to contact Hikvision.

This makes me think I don't want newer cameras.

First post says only works with firmware 5.3.0 or lower. My camera is 5.3.3. Are people down reving? OR are people happy with later versions of firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:

pete4565

n3wb
Reaction score
DS=2CD 2332-1 its a 3MP Exir Turret camera H.265
Hi does anyone know how to reset or get back into the camera
went into advance config and enabled the PPPoe and now camera can not be seen in SADP or anywhere ???
it powers up for 20 sec and then shut off. can not find it on NVR or network
Please help

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Time to do a bit of reading, looks like a firmware issue make version 5.28

nobody42

n3wb
Reaction score
i tried everythin here for password reset - no luck yet

Is there any information on the .xml reset ?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just tftp the firmware onto the camera it will all be defaults then, but if you have a hack Chinese one without the right firmware it will be Chinese again.

llebdell

n3wb
Reaction score
hi all can you help me? i forgot my admin password DS-2CD3310D-I20160418AACH592205769 hikvision camera china version v5.3.8 how to reset it
start time is 1970-01-01 i try to https://www.ipcamtalk.com/hik-pw-reset.php but sadp -reset password faild -

samshop

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tftp the firmware onto the camera it will all be defaults then, but if you have a hack Chinese one without the right firmware it will be Chinese again.
Something wrong. I've just tftp 5.4.12 CN firm to a CN bullet with 5.4.0. The upgraded is ok but the password still the same.

5.4.12.jpg

I have 5 ones with 5.3.2 were actived before I open the box :D . I installed them on the roof, now i don't have password to use. This reset tool can't help me. need to wait reply from supplier...

EDIT: 5.3.2 upgraded to 5.4.12. Password still not reset the password. IPC still show "active" and have an unknow password. sick with it :

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone get this to work with DS-7116-SN/P NVR ?
FW version: 3.0.13 build 150503

Papyruse

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have bought a Hikvision Camera last week and i can't use it, i really need your help :-(
When i've plugged it, no process with password setup comes to me (via SAPD or Web interface) and the device seems to be active. I sent an email to Hikvision with the export xml file to reinitialise it but they don't want process to the reset cause i don't have bought it with an "official resseler"...(i bought it on AlieExpress).

I have tried to reset with the online password tool but no succes. I'm affraid that my firmware is too newer to match with it.

My serial is : DS-2CD2135F-IWS20160523AACH605528386 an my firmware is v5.4.0 build 160401.

I've tried with the truncaded serial (20160523AACH605528386) but that the same thing.

your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thank

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cant you contact the seller? thenserial number is registred on their names.so only they can get the recovery password from hikvision

Papyruse

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank for your quick answer normel :)

Yes that's what i did, but they said that the only solution is to send back the device :-(

it's really bad to know that we need contact the support each time we would reset the device...

Well, thank u for your answer, i will give a try with Hikvision tomorrow again, wait and see...

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank for your quick answer normel :)

Yes that's what i did, but they said that the only solution is to send back the device :-(

it's really bad to know that we need contact the support each time we would reset the device...

Well, thank u for your answer, i will give a try with Hikvision tomorrow again, wait and see...
Usually it is 1234567a but I guess you've tried that.

Or you can try Hikvision USA support as I understand they sometimes help.

Or as long as you don't reset the device, you should be able to use SADP to reset password:

generates export.xml, send to seller who sends to Hikvision, who sends back import.xml which you can use in SADP to reset device. If your camera restarts in that time though the import.xml won't be valid any more so don't do that.

Papyruse

n3wb
Reaction score
Enabler, you save my day (and more) !!!!!!

I've tried all common password like 12345, 123456789acb and other but not this one !!!! and that worked ^^

Thank you very very very much :cool:

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Enabler, you save my day (and more) !!!!!!

I've tried all common password like 12345, 123456789acb and other but not this one !!!! and that worked ^^

Thank you very very very much :cool:
You are welcome friend :)

Knuppel

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried everything to reset the password on a DS-2CD3132-I V5.2.5. from China, was just about to give up.
Finally worked when i downloaded SADP 2.1.0.2 and set the port (which SADP said was 8000), to the correct port i had set in installation.

Reaction score
Dumb question...but once I have reset the admin password...then what?. ...does it reset to 12345 or?......I went back to my HikVision login page and that did not work. WHat do I do next to set a new password?