Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have a Hikvision NVR to test with so I can't suggest anything you haven't already tried. Every single character (including capitalization) matters, so even if you have an extra space at the start or end, that could be a problem.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I have just bought a new DS-7608NI-E2/8P from a Chinese seller, and when trying to log in for the first time it is telling me the password 12345 is wrong. I have emailed the seller for the reset code however have not had any reply yet.
I have tried resetting the password using this tool however keep getting the message password recovery failed. I have tried the full serial number and by deleting the model number from the start.
Has anyone else successfully used this reset tool with this model NVR?
Thanks.
TFTP and password will 12345 or correct use original algorithm ;)
All is work.
There are just differences in the use of the algorithm for the IPC and DVR, NVR!

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have a Hikvision NVR to test with so I can't suggest anything you haven't already tried. Every single character (including capitalization) matters, so even if you have an extra space at the start or end, that could be a problem.
All work fine before you publication and after!
Algorithm is the same ;)

Arrowhawk

n3wb
Reaction score
TFTP and password will 12345 or correct use original algorithm ;)
All is work.
There are just differences in the use of the algorithm for the IPC and DVR, NVR!
I have just tried a firmware update with the Hikvision TFTP tool, however get the error
[2015-05-11 18:53:11] Open file failure[C:\Auto Update\econt_Vision-AV2000]

The firmware file in the directory is digicap.dav, so I am unsure where this filename is coming from. A quick Google search lists others with the same issue but no immediate solution.

I may be best to wait for the reset code from the seller.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have just tried a firmware update with the Hikvision TFTP tool, however get the error
Nevermind about it. It's after correct boot your NVR.
This mean that your NVR doesn't catch TFTP Server sowtware via 69 UDP port!!!
Make sure that you have one LAN adapter with correct IP and of couse check firewall and etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not an error - it's just a loose end lying around in the firmware that appears after it's fully booted.
Did you follow the Hik instruction pages on the use of their TFTP tool?
You should see a log entry in TFTP when you start the NVR showing the NVR 'testing' the TFTP tool. If that doesn't show, something in your setup is not correct.
It's important that both the PC, with its IP address of 192.0.0.128, and the NVR, are both connected to live ports on a switch or router for the whole process.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
itunedvr, привет, я не пойму, он не может обновиться с помощью tftp или что?
Олег!
Да. Почему-то не срабатывает у него через tftp и его смущает ареконовская надпись и сбросить пароль не может через опубликованный алгоритм.
Вообщем всё как обычно ;)
Как сам?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Нормально, спасибо, в прошивке v3.3.0 изменили адрес tftp сервера. Как раз этот случай.?
Да, это я в курсе, но тут как всегда вопрос задают без каких либо подробностей о деле. Вот я про что! ;)
Потому и написал, что нужно указать корректный ip адрес на ПК.
Пусть трахают мозг техподдержке и продаванам чинайским, может что-то дойдёт до них и до тех и до других ;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Да здесь интересно, они стаями на огонь летят и крылышки жгут... вот оно..ЖГУТ!!!
Олег!
Раньше да и задачи интересные ставились, хоть было с чем разбирать, а сейчас каждый мнит себя якобы хакером отломившем хик ;)
Но всё итак просто, как и полтора года назад ;) Ничего особо не поменялось. а они всё плетуться в хвосте.
Да и знания, которые он и тут якобы делятся, они путают с информацией, которую реально валят друг на друга, да и обижаются всякий раз на то, что что-то им не рассказываешь. Думать-то не научены!!! Им только фаст-фуд подавай искусственный, чтобы только глотали, а желудку переваривать не нужно т.к. оно само раствориться ;)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
iTuneDVR - any useful suggestions to fix this problem in a camera bootup. mtdblock11 holds initrd ramdisk. Why does not the 5.2.5 firmware try initrd format instead as it usually does?
<6>Unpacking initramfs...
<0>Initramfs unpacking failed: junk in compressed archive
<6>Freeing initrd memory: 4096K

Arrowhawk

n3wb
Reaction score
I was using a crossover cable and it would not work, however with both PC and NVR connected to a switch it picked up the connection to the TFTP server and updated successfully.

Many thanks for your help, I can now access the NVR and get everything set up.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I was using a crossover cable and it would not work
That makes sense. During camera and NVR startup, the LAN interface changes state a couple of times, so anything on the other end of the crossover cable would react to the 'link down' in various ways, the very least of which would be a delay in getting back to the configured settings, and missing the packet from the camera or NVR.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
iTuneDVR - any useful suggestions to fix this problem in a camera bootup. mtdblock11 holds initrd ramdisk. Why does not the 5.2.5 firmware try initrd format instead as it usually does?

<6>Unpacking initramfs...
<0>Initramfs unpacking failed: junk in compressed archive
<6>Freeing initrd memory: 4096K
alastairstevenson!
What the problem?
There did you catch this message log?
What did you do?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It was from this thread here:
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3500-Hikvision-DS-2CD2132F-IS-bricked-in-search-of-help
There are kernel log attachments and some files.
Any insight into the cause or solution would be welcome.:D
alastairstevenson!
I have this fresh IPC DS-2CD2132F-IS( manuf. after 2015) and all work fine!
Hardware region change or software patch - all work perfetly in my solution.
TFTP with 5.2.5 work and i can't see any problem with it!
What can i say?
Of course i open this IPC and connect to TTL and watch boot log and etc...
I think it's RAM trouble and need to return this IPC to seller, get money back and forget about it!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the comments.
Could be faulty RAM, I haven't thought of that.

Hardware region change
So you've figured out which byte range is now being used for the hardware descriptor block checksum? Or are you just adding here and subtracting there?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
astairstevenson!
OK, thanks for the comments.
Could be faulty RAM, I haven't thought of that.
So the risk to buy goods in China so why not return the defective goods. Chinese hope that will not be returned.

So you've figured out which byte range is now being used for the hardware descriptor block checksum? Or are you just adding here and subtracting there?
This question has long been settled and I'm not going back to him.
And if you add and subtract, then we must do it correctly and in the right places!

I think that soon the Chinese will close these loopholes, or a change algorimty at least! No need to disclose something as it soon will not help! ;)