Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Discussion in 'Hikvision' started by bp2008, Mar 11, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

Hi and thanks for the promp reply.
    I connecting directly (192.0.0.128/64 and also tried 192.168.1.128/64) using SADP. I wonder it takes about 4-5 minutes to boot.
    Some notes which may help identify problem.
    - TFTP update log was not as described in docs. It finished on digicap.dav transfer complete. But did not show any kernel updated, etc messages.
    - Camera never become Inactive, but always appears online as Activated.
    - Previuosly (5.2.5) it was configured as DHCP but now I see settings reset to default values. But passwords not working.

May be somebody can provide link to 5.2.5 fw? I will try to restore via TFTP again.
    Also, I think the factory reset method with (RST 30s lock + Power ON) should work with SD card. But I am not sure where to get recovery image.

2. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

@bp2008, I checked the date and it is exactly as I put to generator. The only difference camera time was 19:xx when my time was 15:xx. But I think only date valuable.

3. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

That is correct, only the date is valuable, not the time of day. As long as you did everything else exactly right (e.g. 2-digit month and day values, 4 digit year value, proper capitalization in serial number) then I'd agree that Hikvision probably changed the reset code logic.

Grigory Mazkevich likes this.
  4. Oleglevsha

Oleglevsha Getting the hang of it

friends, when updating firmware on the tftp server overwritten configuration. The camcorder invites you to make a secure password. Do it and calm down.

5. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

The problem I have now - TFTP not working. Also, I do not see any effect from RST button.
    Will try to record a short video in a minutes.

6. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

Then I recommend you check out the link a few posts up for downgrading from 5.3.0 to 5.2.5

7. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

It would be fine to downgrade. The only question is how to do that if TFTP not working and passwords not working as well.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  8. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

If generator owner still monitor topic could you point which file contains code check? May be I will make some research.

9. Oleglevsha

change the ip camera at 192.0.0.64

10. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

I cant change anything because cam does not accept neither default password nor the password I set previously.
    If you know the method how to change it without the passwords - let me know. I thought when it start bootup and check tftp it uses predefined IP 192.0.0.64 automatically. No need to change.
    Also, as I see cam changed its MAC address after upgraded via TFTP. Old MAC was C4:2F:XX:2D:XX:XX:XX, now it is C4:2F:XX:00:XX:XX:XX

11. Oleglevsha

you all should get
    1:
    change the address on your computer, you did it
    2:
    connect the camera and start the tftp server
    3:
    quickly turn off and on the power of the camera, less than one second

12. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

I did, without any effect.
    Even when I replug power fast Windows shows connection lost and then enable again.
    Cam blinking leds: 3 at once on reboot, then permanent alarm and blinking link. Such state continues during 7 minutes.
    Then cam reboot again (3 leds at once), but this time only alarm left. No link. If I connect using putty-telnet, cam blinking link. But meanwhile no activity.
    BTW, network status shows only sent packets present. No incoming packets.

TFTP not working. SADP v2.3.2.6 does not detect cam. Few hours ago v2.3.2.5 detected cam periodically.
    v2.3.2.6 has new password recovery.
    May be network cable wrong? I used standard node-router cable. Do I need any special pinning?

13. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

Hi to all. So, what I have now. I moved to WinXP and SADP can see cam each run. Also, TFTP working again - at least transmit file. But I do not see any updating activity (20 minutes gone). If no success, will try to downgrade.
    Most probable it means Win Vista+ (Win 7, etc) have firewall problems (UDP filtering?) even if you turn off Win firewall.

USA support yesterday sent doc with the new password reset procedure using .xml files. In doc they noted SADP automatically detects cam sw revision (old is less than 3.1.x) and propose old reset or new reset. SADP detects sw v4.0.x (20150428) on my cam but does not propose .xml reset and still waiting for security code. And does not accept the code from well-known tool.

14. Grigory Mazkevich

Grigory Mazkevich n3wb

Guys, thanks to all. Downgrade solved all the problems.

15. Ahmad Mohy

Ahmad Mohy n3wb

i tested it on oem hikvesion , tvi-1216 , it didnt work , wounder if that only for ip cameras ,or all hikvesion comparable sdap

16. Elk

Elk n3wb

Hi
    got nvr DS-7616NI-[FONT=arial, sans-serif]SP16... that's the way serial number look's like[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]need to reset it pass keep getting fail... i tried to set the date of today and the date it 1st came to air.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]what should i remove to try the code[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]and is it possible to enter the code from out side the internal network ? [/FONT]

17. ajason

ajason Young grasshopper

Does not work with a new 4MP camera: DS-2CD2042W-I. I can't change the IP number. All I get is "password recovery failed"

I got this camera direct from China. The serial number does not have a CCH, it does have a WR.

Fimware is 5.3.2 Build 150603

Any suggestions?

18. bp2008

bp2008 Staff Member

It has been suggested that hikvision changed the password reset mechanism, but I don't know since I do not have any recent Hikvision cameras!

19. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

If you are simply trying to change the ip address, use hivksions SADP tool

20. ajason

ajason Young grasshopper

I was using the SADP tool. But the SADP tool requires the camera password to change the ipaddres