Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Reaction score
Then they should require that you go through the 'activation' process.
It sounds like someone has messed with them (or maybe being a bit kinder, tested them) and forgot to let you know what password they applied after activation.

Hardware reset should work OK. Pressed before power-up?
Ah-HA! Thanks, Alastair :)
I had neglected to power-down, my previous reset attempt was done while still powered up.(oops!)

Unplugged the PoE cable, held down the reset button, plugged the cable back in - [an awkward process with only two hands] and THIS time, it worked, (doh!) and was then able to browser in to default IP of 192.168.1.64 and it immediately asked me to set a strong password.
Now have the camera configured :)

Weird that someone had set it to the "old" default IP plus god-knows-what password, but it must have been a "Strong" password, since this firmware doesn't allow to set anything less than 8 chars of two types.
But whatever it was, it sure wasn't the default strong password 123456789abc

Reaction score
Follow up! The Amazon.ca seller (from China!) replied me this morning that they had set the default password to 1234567a
So, if you stumbled onto this thread after buying a HIKVISION camera from "TopWay" - you can give that a shot...

PS: These cams do have "CN" in the serial numbers, but their 5.3.3 web interface is English. Incidentally, I like these DS-2CD2035-I cameras VERY MUCH, they are working great in Zoneminder :D

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, good for them for responding.
You could push it a bit and ask them for a copy of their (presumably modified) ML firmware, I don't think that version is out there for these Hi3516a cameras.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are good cameras - I have several. For the price they are even better compared to what I'd pay to sellers based in the UK where I live.

Just ordered another couple for £63 each including DHL shipping :) Equivalent from authorised UK supplier is £125 each. (I know it might not be the same difference if you live in the US etc). Hikvision won't give me support for them but I know a bit about cameras and networks etc and I can live with that.

But don't upgrade the firmware. alastairstevenson is correct that it is modified ML firmware - Hikvision don't make English for this camera which is intended for China only (and why it's such a great price).

Sellers don't often share their firmware - I would guess they know it will get posted on the Internet and their competitors will use it also.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sellers don't often share their firmware - I would guess they know it will get posted on the Internet and their competitors will use it also.
Yes, I'm guessing they are paying someone a fee for it, and an agreement to not spread it around.
I have a 3335 with CN menus that it would be good to have EN menus on - and also not have the 'language mismatch' when connecting as Hikvision to the NVR. Still OK with ONVIF, but maybe not for much longer.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I'm guessing they are paying someone a fee for it, and an agreement to not spread it around.
I have a 3335 with CN menus that it would be good to have EN menus on - and also not have the 'language mismatch' when connecting as Hikvision to the NVR. Still OK with ONVIF, but maybe not for much longer.
I hadn't thought of that - but that would also be another good reason if they are using external people for it. If that's the case and the files you are not supposed to share appear on the Internet that's the end of your relationship with the firmware developers and your business is knackered.

tommytim

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the firmware that requires the .xml file to be imported. Should I put the code I receive in the .xml file? I have turret camera so no reset button.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the firmware that requires the .xml file to be imported. Should I put the code I receive in the .xml file? I have turret camera so no reset button.
Nope, unfortunately your camera is too new to use this reset tool. If you bought the camera from an authorized seller then they should be able to help you reset the password; otherwise you have to go to hikvision directly.

rigosuave

n3wb
Reaction score
It worked for me, thanks a lot, saved me from the hassle of contact HIK Vision!

ozpak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi mate
Sorry In SADP software ver 3 and 2.2.6 I didn't find any security code option which version are you refering
Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In SADP v3.x, it's the 'forgot password' link at the bottom right after you select the device in question via the tickbox against the list of found devices.
SADP_1.jpg

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You or they have stolen bp2008's tool from the OP?
I'm calling shenanigans and spammer.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding something but
Here's a link to the only successful method we've found
and pointing them to your web site seems disingenuous at best,
I question your motives... you smell like a spammer to me.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For what its worth, I am fine with people taking this reset tool and customizing and re-hosting it for their customers as done above. They even gave credit, which most would not have done.

Regarding the motives for posting a link to it, I have no opinion. Doesn't bother me :)

pizzaman

n3wb
Reaction score
i am trying to rest my hikvision 7608 and tried most things and to be honest i havent a clue so any help would be great thanks

sknyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought one from eBay and they changed the default password 12345. I have no clue what it is and the tool is not working for me :(
I had tried Hikvision previously, they said they don't support devices bought from a 3rd party seller. I am waiting for the eBay seller to respond.

Yosi

n3wb
Reaction score
image.jpeg
I tried the toll but the password dosent work for me I added the correct date dvr version 3