Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

christo

n3wb
Reaction score
Ds-7216hghi-f11620160220aawr574935379wcvu pls help me. Give me the key there was bad happend last night. Need to review the camera

i tried with this but now work.

Thank you

christo

n3wb
Reaction score
Ds-7216hghi-f11620160220aawr574935379wcvu this is my dvr serial need help urgent. There was killing incident last night need to review the camera

thank you

Reaction score
Work for me on the online version Great Job my friend but the offline version not working not showing the code .
Thanks mate

- - - Updated - - -

give me the dates of the start of ur dvr

fore

n3wb
Reaction score
First post here to hope to regain access to my HikVision IP Cam. I swear I never changed the login password from default of 1234567a. I had it working perfectly, but I needed to change the IP addy, and never wrote down the password afterward.

I tried the tool, but perhaps it won't work on Chinese models? I have the HV DS-2CD2035i with serial number of DS-2CD2035-I20160509AACH599459425, and starting date of 2016-07-30 (from SADP). I get a new code, but either under 'Admin Password Security Verification, as well as Forgot Password - Input Key - New Password...neither works. I get a 2018 error code or device rejected.

V5.4.0 Build 160401 and SADP v3.0.0.2 Build 20150911

Hikvision USA couldn't help as it's not a US product. I just opened a ticked Thurs. with Hikvision Asia to see it they can help. It'd be awesome though to be able to resolve this sooner rather than latter..never?

Thanks for any help!
Fore

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a Chinese region camera, judging from the serial number.
And by the firmware version, it should have required 'activation' when new.
The reset tool will not work on 3.4.0 firmware, it's too new.

But with this as your original password:
it seems it may have been applied by the seller.
Just for info, the defaults on much older firmware, before 'activation' used to be 12345, 123456789abc

Do you have any saved device configuration files?

geo9ja

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
pls how do I got about resetting my password? sent the .xml file to hikvision support yet no response.
my camera details are:
Device Serial Number
DS-2CD2622FWD-I20160331BBWR585482128
Software Version
V5.3.8build 151224

Would really appreciate all the help

fore

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help alastarstevenson for the help. I had no idea it was of Chinese origin when I bought it from Newegg. Major mistake. I'm only setting up one camera, so this is my first setup. Regarding saved device config files? Where would those be located? Also new to the Windows world.

That's a Chinese region camera, judging from the serial number.
And by the firmware version, it should have required 'activation' when new.
The reset tool will not work on 3.4.0 firmware, it's too new.

But with this as your original password:

it seems it may have been applied by the seller.
Just for info, the defaults on much older firmware, before 'activation' used to be 12345, 123456789abc

Do you have any saved device configuration files?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding saved device config files? Where would those be located?
These are what you'd do yourself when you've done configuring and are happy with the result. In the Maintenance menu, export device configuration, your choice as what to save it as.
It would give you a fallback position for example if you messed up the configuration and wanted to get back to where it used to be.
But it sounds like yo haven't done this anytime.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,
pls how do I got about resetting my password? sent the .xml file to hikvision support yet no response.
my camera details are:
Device Serial Number
DS-2CD2622FWD-I20160331BBWR585482128
Software Version
V5.3.8build 151224

Would really appreciate all the help
Just make sure you don't restart your camera before you get and import the .xml Hikvison send you, otherwise it won't be valid and you'll need to do it again.

fore

n3wb
Reaction score
Darn! I didn't do that when it was all working. Am I kinda screwed here?

These are what you'd do yourself when you've done configuring and are happy with the result. In the Maintenance menu, export device configuration, your choice as what to save it as.
It would give you a fallback position for example if you messed up the configuration and wanted to get back to where it used to be.
But it sounds like yo haven't done this anytime.

geo9ja

n3wb
Reaction score
Just make sure you don't restart your camera before you get and import the .xml Hikvison send you, otherwise it won't be valid and you'll need to do it again.
Thanks, got the encrypt.xml file from hikvision and was able to reset the device

simmoi

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone want to assist cracking the key/response if I collect enough xml files?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I hear (I don't know who determined this), the newer reset procedure uses public key encryption ... which is unbreakable without obtaining the private key used by Hikvision. No amount of xml files or reverse-engineering the camera firmware files would help crack this.

I just wish I knew why Hikvision wants to have a hand in every forgotten password reset procedure. It must be a huge drain on their customer service resources, for no actual benefit to anyone.

abadit

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to reset the password of my NVR:

DS-9632NI-I81620151215CCRR563460199WCVU

thanks in advance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Use SADP V3.x to find the NVR and generate a file with the 'Forgot password' button, send to Hikvision support, who will send a response file to be imported via SADP.

adcdata

n3wb
Reaction score
your tool is just too awesome...

thanks for that, helped us recover some old devices....

if you want a stable hosting platform to post your tool onto the web... ping me, will give you a free one...

gj

beardog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
your tool is just too awesome...

thanks for that, helped us recover some old devices....

if you want a stable hosting platform to post your tool onto the web... ping me, will give you a free one...

gj
I entered everything exact. I even power cycled camera to make sure START TIME in SADP was current.
I am trying to get into a locked out DS-2CD2032-I Hikvision. It is a chinese "CCCH" with V5.2.5build 141201.

I triple and quadruple (sp?) checked the serial # (Starts after the 2032-I) and the year and month and day.

Any ideas why It says Password Reset Failed?