HikVision DS-7616NI-SE/P

altonbr

n3wb
Reaction score
Purchased a Hikvision NVR and 13 Hikvision cameras from AiiExpress a few weeks ago. I still can't get the system configured and any suggestions would be very welcome. I tried to get help from the US Hikvision site, but they won't support devices not purchased from their approved US suppliers. The NVR is supposed to be "plug&play", but that's not what I'm experiencing. First thing I noticed is that the user setup of IP address, password, time and date will not persist when the NVR is turned off and back on. When I tried to update the firmware it starts to make the update, but then stops with the message "unable to update, not enough room in flash memory". I can see all the IP cameras from the LAN side when I individually input their IP address. Port forwarding rules are correctly configured. Again, any suggestions are most welcome.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't even got the system set up yet - you really shouldn't attempt to update the firmware. That's fraught with unknowns. Maybe as well it failed.
And port forwarding rules are associated with gaining access to the system from outside your network, via the internet. Again, I'd expect this would be after it's all set up, proven, and stable.
Try getting back to basics and go forward a step at a time.
And some screenshots might help getting useful suggestions. Would show configuration, firmware etc etc.
Are you using the HDMI/VGA interface, or the web GUI to administer and configure?

And a really dumb question, for which apologies in advance - presumably you are using the 'save' button when doing the network config, and what does it respond with?