Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

masmith22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the only issue i have is sourcing the correct power supply in the uk, i was looking to find a 16vac psu and overdrive a 12vac door chime, but it seem most chime and PSU's are 8vac. i have found a rail doorbell supply but i have no room in the fuse board. the reason i want the door chime is if the mobile APP is closed on the phone you get no notification, i really do think the unit has issues from my limed testing.

please let me know how you get on :)
I just placed an order for 2 Hikvision Doorbells, direct from China. The contact person name is Lisa Zhao email address is "sales@hofotech.com", website - China Hikvision Network Camera, NVR, Keyboard, Turbo HD Camera, Turbo HD DVR Suppliers - Wholesale - Secuguarder Limited and their site on Alibaba - Yiwu Eastage Import & Export Co., Ltd. - security Camera,DVR

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just placed an order for 2 Hikvision Doorbells, direct from China. The contact person name is Lisa Zhao email address is "sales@hofotech.com", website - China Hikvision Network Camera, NVR, Keyboard, Turbo HD Camera, Turbo HD DVR Suppliers - Wholesale - Secuguarder Limited and their site on Alibaba - Yiwu Eastage Import & Export Co., Ltd. - security Camera,DVR
What was the price per unit direct from China along with shipping costs? I couldn't find the doorbell on their sites you linked.

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you like your doorbell camera?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How did you make out with the camera from Alibaba?

kuchars22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so the new 18vac PSU turned up today and i get 20vac across the back of the device and i got a 12vac mechanical door chime from toolstation (item code54078
) at the weekend.

so i have it all hooked up and it works, wired up as the diagram in the above PDF. a wire from the PSU to the hikvision doorbell then the retrun to the door chime and then to the psu.
Copex, since the above quote, how has this setup been for you...has it been stable without any problems? My doorbell arrived today and I need a chime, whatever happens, otherwise it's useless to me unless they bring out a wi-fi chime like the Ring.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Copex, since the above quote, how has this setup been for you...has it been stable without any problems? My doorbell arrived today and I need a chime, whatever happens, otherwise it's useless to me unless they bring out a wi-fi chime like the Ring.
hi

the chime works fine, i never fitted the device as it was to buggy its sat on the bench, the last software update fix a few issues but it still need work, to me it seems like it was rushed to market :) at this point in time its not a product i could recommend.

JetZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I joined up just to post my findings on this device. As many have stated, I too agree that this wifi doorbell really isn't ready for market hence the need to have to wire in a mechanical doorbell to make sure i'm alerted to someone at the door.

Some background - I already own a HIVISION 7604 NVR with 4 cameras that is net connected. I have been using the HIK connect app on my android phones and tablets and IVMS4200 on my PC. The phones were bound using the QR code technique.

My internet connection speed is 60mpbs down and 30mbps up and I have placed a 5ghz/2.4ghz wifi router placed next to (1 meter away from) the wifi KB6003 doorbell (obviously inside the house so it is passing through one wall).I connected the doorbell to my wifi using the HIKconnect app QR code.

I have assigned a static IP to the HIK doorbell (mainly for consistent access via the web interface).

I have recently upgraded the firmware on the doorbell to the V1.4.62 build 171218 using the HIK connect app (very easy to do) but I still only get intermittent calls from the doorbell. Fortunately the motion detection feature and notifications appears to work quite well with the sensitivity set down to 1 (least sensitive).

As others have stated you CAN connect a mechanical chime to the Hik wifi doorbell but the diagram they've created, I believe, is misleading and extremely hard to follow.

In my case I had to remove the inline resistor, place an Arlec mechanical door chime in series with either the live or neutral of the transformer feeding the hik doorbell. I connected the live power line (red) from the 16v transformer (feeding the HIK wifi doorbell) to one of the doorbell chime transformer connections and looped it back to the Hik doorbell. The wiring is different from how I originally envisioned it as it is not connected over the original 'doorbell' switching and with the hik doorbell closing the loop on an NO switch rather its switching the entire solenoid by creating an in rush current that triggers the solenoid in the door chime? I'm only assuming as I can't see it doing it any other way.

I've also noticed that the night mode IR is terrible and gives a lot of IR glare on the inside of the dome. This doorbell should be externally IR lit.

Does anyone know how to get the SD card slot to record to an SD card? I've inserted a Fat32 formatted 128gb class 10 micro SD into the doorbell and it won't initialise via the HIKconnect app (found under / settings / storage status / Initialize storage). The HIK connect app starts initializing but the stalls at 95% - 100% and keeps moving between the two values and then comes back with the error code 380213. The web interface doesn't even have a tab that can look at the storage.

Find attached a couple of photos and a basic wiring diagram from the mechanical door chime i purchased.

Attachments

Last edited:

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i would try a different SD Card i have a 128gb class 10 card and i can initialize the card using the app and it saves images to the card.

my door chime is on the return wire to the AC Power supply see attached image :) no resistor

dc.jpg

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice, finally see a Hikvision unit installed by forum member as it's been mostly rebrands(LTS, Clare, Laview, RCA, Nelly). I assume it has the same firmware version like latest version mentinoed in this thread.