Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

Tillis

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Jifop for the quick ir led disconnect run through. I recently installed this doorbell in a tight alcove, and the IR was bouncing off the walls lighting them up, with the actual doorway and everything in it and outside a void. Now I have decent night black and white picture. Hoping the next model comes out with better connection and nighttime quality. In the mean time going to run a IR floodlight to the front yard and driveway to boost the picture quality of my domes and this doorbell.

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Jifop for the quick ir led disconnect run through. I recently installed this doorbell in a tight alcove, and the IR was bouncing off the walls lighting them up, with the actual doorway and everything in it and outside a void. Now I have decent night black and white picture. Hoping the next model comes out with better connection and nighttime quality. In the mean time going to run a IR floodlight to the front yard and driveway to boost the picture quality of my domes and this doorbell.
Would be interested to see your picture with the IR disconnect and another shot when you run an IR flood light. I am toying with this idea myself.

Martinhen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have the Byron 772. When I connect the cam, chime an transformer together the chime rings ones and keeps making a humming sound. Also the cam button back light, lights up once and then nothing. The cam seems to not start up.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

wayguk

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing issues with "enable motion detection" check box getting unchecked?
I am using nvr interface to manage camera 6003.

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
Never had that myself, has it been since a recent update or anything?

One thing I would really like to do is be able to do is have the doorbell ring only once or twice on the outside without having to stop it using the app. Has anyone found a way of doing this please?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have the Byron 772. When I connect the cam, chime an transformer together the chime rings ones and keeps making a humming sound. Also the cam button back light, lights up once and then nothing. The cam seems to not start up.

Any help is appreciated.
What transformer voltage are you using on the cam? Both the Claire and RCA version of the cam causes the mechanical chime to hum, but I placed a 10 ohm resistor across the transformer and front door terminals on the chime. The one I used is a 10 ohm ceramic 20W, the wattage may be overkill, but a regular 10 ohm resistor may also work.

wayguk

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to mod firmware to allow turning ir sensor off via software?

sunday

n3wb
Reaction score
apparently there is a lookalike hikvision doorbell camera with DS-KB6403-WIP. That one runs on 12 Vdc. I didn't realize it. but I'm not going to return this on. Is there any way to add a chime to it?

Reaction score
Hello,
I have 220v mechanical chime , i tried with 24v relay AC for testing to trigger my 220v chime with no success , when i power up i see that the hik doorbell light faded blink in red quickly I measured the voltage on relay it’s 24vac (works fine) but when I measured the voltage on doorbell it was around 8vac ( no enough power to boot in my opinion)
Your help is highly appreciated please if anyone could advise.
Noting that I only connected the relay , the chime was disconnected.
Connection diagram attached

Attachments

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you sure your chime takes 220v?? I would think that the chime would operate on 16v-24v range to the doorbell and I would think that sending 220v to an old fashion mechanical doorbell from the chime would be dangerous. Which chime do you have? Do you have the installation manual for it?

Reaction score
Yes im sure , in my country all chime works on 220vac, regardless to my chime operating voltage , it’s disconnected as described above,my problem is that im getting 8vac on my doorbell where it’s not functioning even thought my connections are same as the hik pdf

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did your doorbell kit include a resistor? If so, try connecting it in series with the 24VAC transformer output to the doorbell, like this video and then check the voltage at the cam.

Edit: If you read the comments below the video, it appears the newer version may be 12v instead...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey thanks for your reply,
The resistor as per manual you have to connect it if no chime is installed, if you want to add a chime no resistor should be connected.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try placing the resistor across the relay terminals instead, on the camera side of relay. My mechanical doorbell buzzes, so I placed a 10 ohm resistor across the doorbell, as it was getting too much amps and the resistor takes the a bit of the amps off the doorbell.

I'll see if I can find a video that may explain this...

Last edited:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, found a video where he uses a Ring doorbell. It includes a "power kit" module, which is only a power resistor. He goes thru and shows the connection to a mechanical doorbell then switches to an electronic doorbell using a relay....

sunday

n3wb
Reaction score
i had the same problem, most notably on the left side. I used black paint on the lens. That worked fine. You can still see a little bit of the wall, but that's not as much of a problem. Note that I initially painted a bit more, but it turns out that at some point the paint is illuminated on the inside. So it only works if your area isn't any bigger than mine.

Attachments

sunday

n3wb
Reaction score
audio to soft
when the bell speaks by itself, with messages like 'wifi connected' it is pretty loud. No problems there, but when someone is at the door and I want to speak to that person, my voice is hardly audible. In the configuration screen on my pc under video/audio, the output volume is set to 10 (input volume to 8). That matches the settings seen in the hik-connect app. What can I do to make my voice more audible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
so the new 18vac PSU turned up today and i get 20vac across the back of the device and i got a 12vac mechanical door chime from toolstation (item code54078
) at the weekend.

Unfortunately, toolstation now list this as an 8V Chime :-( I have a 24V transformer running the Doorbell so now looking for a 24V Chime, cannot believe it is this hard!