Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have recently bought the following set : KD8003 video intercom, KH8350 indoor device, a DS-KD-M and a DS-KD-KP.
The KD8003 is connected to a PoE switch, the KH8350 to a 12v power supply and the Wifi, and the KD-M and KD-KP are connected to the KD8003.
I can connect to the KD8003 and KH8350 with iVMS 4200, and when I press the button on the KD8003, it rings on the KH8350.
I have also added the KH8350 in the Hik Connect app, and it allows me to see the camera of the KD8003. When I press the button on the KD8003, the is no notification in the Hik Connect app however.
Can anyone help me out with the steps I need to take to properly setup these devices? Doesn't have to be in great detail I guess, just a description of the steps I should take, step-by-step, to set this up properly. Some help on setting up the KD-M and KD-KP would be a great bonus :)
Does this help?

Step2. Configure Hikvision DS-KD8003 Door Station

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure. Are you saying that I should configure SIP with a PBX to make the Hik Connect app work? I thought this was more related to connect the KD8003 to a PBX and have the doorbell call normal phones or doorstations which are connected to this PBX.
As I tried to explain, when I press the doorbell, the call to the KH8350 is made. What is missing is the call/notification to the Hik Connect app.

By the way, does anyone have the Keypad module? I'm wondering if why I don't see any backlight on it. I expected the keys to be lit in the dark?

Last edited:

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hik-Connect needs to be connected to the indoor station, not the gate module.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll check that, thanks. You mean on the KH8350 device? Or in the App? Cause in the App, I get no notification at all. Notifications in iOS are enabled for the App.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll check that, thanks. You mean on the KH8350 device? Or in the App? Cause in the App, I get no notification at all. Notifications in iOS are enabled for the App.
Within Hik-Connect.

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, okay, it's a different issue than mine. I don't get a notification at all. Not visual either.

Anyway, anyone who can help me with a step by step plan to setup this combination of devices?

etcha

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Hopefully someone can help me out, I'm a newbie. I bought the DS-KD8003-IME1 with a DS-KH6320-TE1(indoor unit) had them connected to a DS-7600 NVR and was working fine. Then as i was trying to configure it to connect to Hik-Connect. Now i can't get it to work or can not see it on IVMS or SADP. Any help would be great.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, Hopefully someone can help me out, I'm a newbie. I bought the DS-KD8003-IME1 with a DS-KH6320-TE1(indoor unit) had them connected to a DS-7600 NVR and was working fine. Then as i was trying to configure it to connect to Hik-Connect. Now i can't get it to work or can not see it on IVMS or SADP. Any help would be great.
I'm the least knowledgeable poster here but my dealer told me that this system wouldn't work properly unless it was powered by Hikvision's dedicated 24vDS-KAD606-PPOE switch.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm the least knowledgeable poster here but my dealer told me that this system wouldn't work properly unless it was powered by Hikvision's dedicated 24vDS-KAD606-PPOE switch.
Really ? DS-KAD606-P POE switch is Intercom V1, 24V
But DS-KD8003-IME1 with a DS-KH6320-TE1 is V2, i.e. standard IEEE 802.3af/at, 48V

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Really ? DS-KAD606-P POE switch is Intercom V1, 24V
But DS-KD8003-IME1 with a DS-KH6320-TE1 is V2, i.e. standard IEEE 802.3af/at, 48V
Maybe he was just trying to make his bonus for the month but I did get the same advice from another dealer. My order was for DS-KD8003-IME1 + DS-KH8350-WTE1 + DS-KH8520-WTE1 and I specifically asked if I could drive the system from a Hik NVR. But I guess there has to be a good reason for Hikvision listing dedicated POE switches for their video intercoms:
Video Intercoms Accessories Distributor-List1-Hikvision UK & Ireland

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
I run the DS-KD8003-IME1 powered by a Ubiquity Unifi PoE switch, 802.3af/at, and it seems to power it just fine.
Meanwhile, I also managed to get my setup working with the Hik Connect app, so when I press the call button on the KD8003, it will ring on both the indoor station and the Hik Connect app. So far, I only succeeded with this on my own iPhone though. My wife's iPhone will only be able to see the camera, but will not receive any notifications. Also, I don't really understand why it is working now.
All I did, was reset both the KD8003 as the KH8350 to factory defaults, and done the setup again. After this, it worked with my phone, so then I installed Hik Connect on my wife's phone, created a Hik Connect account for her, shared the device with her from Hik Connect, and added the device through the shared request. Which I thought would be enough, but apparently, it isn't.
Also, I am still wondering how I can activate the backlight of the Keypad. According to the descriptions, it should have backlight, but it never seems to be activated.

@etcha ; Based on my limited experience, the only thing I can recommend is to reset to factory defaults, and try to setup again

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
@etcha From iVMS, in Device Management, you can open the settings of the device by clicking the cogwheel at the end of the device line. In the settings, go to System Maintenance. In the System Management section, click the Restore All button.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@rtificial Seems I was getting a bum steer: the 2nd generation system can be powered from a standard POE switch. In fact, it only needs a single channel if additional indoor stations are connected via wi-fi + local power.

etcha

n3wb
Reaction score
@etcha From iVMS, in Device Management, you can open the settings of the device by clicking the cogwheel at the end of the device line. In the settings, go to System Maintenance. In the System Management section, click the Restore All button.
This is my issue, i cant see any of them in iVMS. All i can see is the NVR which they are connected to. Anyone got a work around for it?

rtificial

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah I see.
Ok, so, in the NVR, you don't have the option to change the settings?
Generally, I guess the network configuration prevents you from seeing these devices. Normally, I would suggest connecting the devices to a POE switch, as well as your PC, and assign your PC an IP address in the same subnet as the default address of the Hikvision devices. Then, you should be able to find the devices using iVMS and adjust the network settings and other settings.

etcha

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so i finally got the my computer to show the devices on IVMS but when i try to add them they stay offline in my added devices. Anyone have a work around for this issue?