Hikvision Multi-language Version V5.2.5 DS-2CD2032-I

nemke

n3wb
Reaction score
Please, send me link to download 5.2.5 2xx2 Cam... I have the same problem, I downgrade 5.2.5 to 5.20 and now she is detah. I need 5.2.5 bat I can't find it anyware
Thank you

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Beware, you must have originally English version!

wizard8342

n3wb
Reaction score
Right when it came new out of the box it had the english version installed. I did the firmware update and it bricked it. The only way I could get it back to working was do pull down the 5.2.5 version (Chinese) and install that. Once that was done the camera worked correctly again but alas all my menu items are in Chinese. I am looking to see if anyone has a 5.2.5 English firmware I can install.

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look, firmware files are the same. If you have CCCH in serial number, you have chineese version. You must "hack" your MTD5 and MTD6 to change it to english.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Right when it came new out of the box it had the english version installed. I did the firmware update and it bricked it. The only way I could get it back to working was do pull down the 5.2.5 version (Chinese) and install that. Once that was done the camera worked correctly again but alas all my menu items are in Chinese. I am looking to see if anyone has a 5.2.5 English firmware I can install.
If you're stuck with Chinese only menus, try this simple procedure...

Make 2 separate shortcuts, one with the cam address (192.168.1.80) and one with "javascript:chooseLanguage("en")" as the URL. Click on the cam address shortcut which will bring up the main login screen (in Chinese) then click on the Java shortcut, it will change to English, then login as normal and all menus will remain English until you log out.

If you have multiple Chinese cams you only need one Java English shortcut and it will work with all your Chinese cams.

nickvision

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for this link, it really got me out of a hole! I now have Chinese menus (still a big improvement over a bricked cam!!) and I have been trying to follow the various guides to permanently change it back to English. However, they require that you have telnet access - and that option appears to be missing from this firmware. Has anyone else noticed this, is there a workaround?

td99

n3wb
Reaction score
Just ordered a 5.2.5 moments ago from the same seller (CCTV CAMERA CHINA) that I got my 5.2.3 from back in January 2015 (which has been working great since Day 1). I will see if there's any noticeable differences in the UI, performance, etc.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Telnet is still available to 5.2.5 just look a my mtd hacking guide.

rfeyer

n3wb
Reaction score
I have updated my NVR firmware which somehow made changes to my cameras and half of them are now firmware unchangeable (2032's).
i.e.: the new firmware changed the camera screens to 2048x1536, which seems 4:3 rather than 16:9.
I can access these cameras still via LAN, but, I do not get the familiar activeX "ALLOW" screen, which then does not show pic AND does not allow changes to the video resolution and other video settings.

Strangely, 2 new cameras (2032's) I received are accessible and changeable and Active x is working.

So, would the best thin be to reset the cameras to factory and start from scratch?
And, if so, which is the latest ENGLISH firmware which I can upload into the cameras via GUI on cameras received from China?
This ftp stuff sounds a little Greek to me, but If I have to I will have to learn.

Rainer

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
half of them are now firmware unchangeable (2032's).
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

However - I'm speculating that maybe you are using Chrome and that the 'webcomponents' plugin in the browser was updated by the new NVR firmware and is inactive. And without that, camera settings don't get saved.
Do you by any chance have IE to try, that may have an older version of webcomponents?
Don't go messing with the camera firmware - I don't think that's the cause of the problem.

rfeyer

n3wb
Reaction score
I have actually tried IE and Chrome - neither will do it.
However, I was thinking: The new cameras updated the Webcomponent - maybe the older versions of camera are not able to deal with new Webcomponent?
I will check for old version of Webcomponent and install hat to see if that makes a difference.

Can you tell me what the best firmare download would be for the Chinese cameras which will NOT need to be hacked?

Rainer

leesburgjk

n3wb
Reaction score
i have the same problem. 3 bricked 2CD2632F-IS cameras that started w/ 5.2.5 build 141201. i can't find that build anywhere and the other firmwares I've tried appear to load via TFTP and after waiting 5-250 minutes, i reboot the camera and it shows in SADP after 15 minutes or so but it has no encoding channels or DSP version listed. I cannot telnet in either. anyone have a suggestion?

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions? After bricking 3 cams? After bricking one camera, my suggestion is to quit updating the firmware. Please read the forum and have more than one post. You got Chinese cameras ,not WR (western region). Nothing is gained from newer firmware.

net78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, just received an Hikivision DS-2CD2632F-IS for 'unbricking' and discovered this world of EU / USA / Chinese vs; this cam as a label with chinese text. Anyone can help me on sending a right 'original' 5.2.5 firmware? tnx