Hikvision's new 4MP 2-series

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
:( no ETA yet! lol
Unacceptable! :D I just heard about it this morning and I can't buy it by the afternoon? :sad2: :laugh: Ok, but be sure to let me know when that first shipment is arriving!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Frustrating, I know, but I don't expect these to be readily available to consumers for months yet. I fully expect them to start out at least double the price of the 3MP cams (hopefully due to supply and demand, not due to Hikvision setting a high price).

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hopefully it will still be just as easy to convert the Chinese ones to English with these new ones. Otherwise, the price would certainly be much higher!

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I contacted the shop which I am in contact with for buying my cams... They say it should be available somewhere in august (in the netherlands)

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I contacted the shop which I am in contact with for buying my cams... They say it should be available somewhere in august (in the netherlands)
That's quite some time from now, too bad. Oh well, I'll wait it out. Spec for spec these cams are worth double the price of the 3MP model imho and worth the wait.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone is brave enough, I found the turret and bullet listed on aliexpress from one seller. The prices seem genuine enough and the seller has a good rating, but the naming inconsistency on the bullet listing raises an eyebrow. They call it DS-2CD2432WD-I in the title, but DS-2CD2042WD-I in the picture.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DS-2CD2342WD-I-English-version-Hikvision-WDR-EXIR-cctv-security-camera-4MP-30m-IR-Backlight-Compensation/32357341218.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DS-2CD2432WD-I-English-version-Hikvision-mini-bullet-security-ip-camera-4MP-120dB-Wide-Dynamic-Range/1187561_32358255673.html

Note the listings also say "ships out within 20 business days".

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@milkisbad I am interested also in a turret model :)

Last edited by a moderator:

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If anyone is brave enough, I found the turret and bullet listed on aliexpress from one seller. The prices seem genuine enough and the seller has a good rating, but the naming inconsistency on the bullet listing raises an eyebrow. They call it DS-2CD2432WD-I in the title, but DS-2CD2042WD-I in the picture.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DS-2CD2342WD-I-English-version-Hikvision-WDR-EXIR-cctv-security-camera-4MP-30m-IR-Backlight-Compensation/32357341218.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DS-2CD2432WD-I-English-version-Hikvision-mini-bullet-security-ip-camera-4MP-120dB-Wide-Dynamic-Range/1187561_32358255673.html

Note the listings also say "ships out within 20 business days".

Looks like a big jump in price.

I think I'll wait for a few more sellers to start retailing the new 4MP models and as a result the price might drop.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like a big jump in price.

I think I'll wait for a few more sellers to start retailing the new 4MP models and as a result the price might drop.
Yep, that is crazy expensive really. You could get a 3 MP US region one from the US for quite a bit cheaper. But that high price also lends credence to legitimacy. As far as the poor English is concerned, I have printed manuals for products with terrible English so it seems pretty normal, too ;)

The shipping within 20 days means they don't have them and wanted to be the first on aliexpress. I wouldn't give a nickel to a company that has no idea when it's getting something in, though.

Dutchie30

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't mind the wait or the uncertainty, I've just now ordered a DS-2CD2542FWD-IS. The specs for these cams are too great to wait. Hope to receive it within the next month or so.

I'll update this thread with details once I've received it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Another seller has them up. The bullet is $150 with free DHL shipping. 7 day delivery guarantee. Note the part that says "Full refund if product isn't received in 7 days". I am fairly certain Aliexpress backs that promise.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-with-DHL-shipping-hikvision-english-version-DS-2CD2042WD-I-4MP-IR-Bullet-Network-Camera/32372900699.html

So, yes this is nearly double the price of a 2032 bullet, but I remember paying $150+ for 2032 cams a few years ago, although they were US region, swann branded, from Costco. I would order a couple myself if I wasn't going on vacation in less than a week.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
$150 doesn't seem too unreasonable...Although I do suspect the prices to drop more over the next few weeks as more sellers list the item. While the specs sound intriguing, I'd really like to see some real-world comparison tests to see just how noticeable the difference is.

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the biggest improvement you will see is with the true WDR, it should do much better in certain lighting situations.
I agree the price is not that bad at all for true WDR, thought it would be over $200.

camo

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the biggest improvement you will see is with the true WDR, it should do much better in certain lighting situations.
I agree the price is not that bad at all for true WDR, thought it would be over $200.
That has been the one issue I've had with the Hik 2032, the poor lighting compensation with sun and shaded areas. Other than that love the cameras.
The 0.01 LUX is a nice improvement also but wish it was even better .00 range would be nice.

flashburn

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their hands on these yet? I noticed the dome model is up for sale on aliexpress. At almost double the price of the 3mp version, I'm stuck on if it's worth the price or not. I'm about a month away from my home being completed, and I really want to have at least a few cameras up and running by the time I move in.

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That has been the one issue I've had with the Hik 2032, the poor lighting compensation with sun and shaded areas. Other than that love the cameras.
The 0.01 LUX is a nice improvement also but wish it was even better .00 range would be nice.
If you want better low light performance you could go with the new 3mp box cam (4035FWD) B/W: 0.0005 Lux, looks to be priced about the same as the old 4032FWD (B/W: 0.01 Lux).
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-IP-Camera-NEW-DS-2CD4035FWD-A-3MP-Smart-IP-Box-Camera/32375226095.html

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their hands on these yet? I noticed the dome model is up for sale on aliexpress. At almost double the price of the 3mp version, I'm stuck on if it's worth the price or not. I'm about a month away from my home being completed, and I really want to have at least a few cameras up and running by the time I move in.
Just looking at the specs I would say it would be worth it to have at least one in your setup.

I am of the belief you should have at least one good quality cam in your setup to cover important areas (front entrance, parking area, etc.).
I have 3 box cams (4024, 4032, 2820 ) that cover my front entrance, garage/parking and back entrance, rest of the property is covered with the cheap 3mp (2000 series).

If the true WDR is anything like there box cams then I think it would be worth it, but hard to say as I have not seen any reviews of the new cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting find, here are the specs http://www.avertx.com/4mp-mini-ip-bullet-camera-with-night-vision/
Not sure who makes these...what is interesting is that its a 4:3 format 4mp vs the others that are 16:9...the 4:3 can be beneficial if you need the vertical fov...
They have sd card slots...and also ONLY powered via poe...which is nice because th pigtail is less bulky...