How To Upgrade Amcrest / Lorex to Dahua Firmware And Get All Dahua Features

AlexA

n3wb
Reaction score
I see, even the IPC-HDW2531T-AS-S2 supports max 704 × 480 (1fps-30 fps) substream for NTSC firmware.
Thanks.

basicjim

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I just got an IP5M-T1179EW and am trying to go to the Dahua firmware. I get the error saying it's invalid firmware. Reading all the thread, I see the solution is to downgrade the Amcrest Firmware and then jump over to the Dahua. My problem is I can't find an older version of the Amcrest firmware! The Amcrest site says there are no previous versions available. Is there an Amcrest archive like the Dahua archive?

How far back do I need to go on the firmware in order to go to Dahua firmware?

Thanks!

Mr_milo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I just got an IP5M-T1179EW and am trying to go to the Dahua firmware. I get the error saying it's invalid firmware. Reading all the thread, I see the solution is to downgrade the Amcrest Firmware and then jump over to the Dahua. My problem is I can't find an older version of the Amcrest firmware! The Amcrest site says there are no previous versions available. Is there an Amcrest archive like the Dahua archive?

How far back do I need to go on the firmware in order to go to Dahua firmware?

Thanks!
I did mine with the TFTP method but downgrading is much easier. If you look a few pages back Teeauu attached the file.

You need to down grade the firmware on the camera and then you can switch it to Dahua firmware. Use this firmware to downgrade the stock Amcrest and then upgrade it to the Dahua firmware, all through the camera UI. No need to get messy. I did 4 of them this morning.

Hope this helps!

texastexas

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so this just in...

In the IP Config Tool, I downgraded the firmware to
"Amcrest_IPC-HX25(8)XX-Mole_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.800.00AC000.0.R.191113.bin"

and then used the IP Config Tool to update to
"DH_IPC-HX25(8)XX-Molec_MultiLang_NP_V2.800.0000000.19.R.200628.bin"

Just had to use the IP Config Tool, I guess.

I have a IP8M-T2599. I can't find the old Amcrest firmware to downgrade to. Is there a site with old firmwares?

Adrianus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a few Amcrest IP5M-T11179EW-28MM cameras and want to use them with my Dahua NVR302A-08/4KS2 (NVR4208-8P-4KS2) but the NVR does not recognize the Amcrest cameras. Can I install Dahua firmware so that the NVR does recognize the cameras? If so, what Dahue firmware should I use and where can I find it?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a few Amcrest IP5M-T11179EW-28MM cameras and want to use them with my Dahua NVR302A-08/4KS2 (NVR4208-8P-4KS2) but the NVR does not recognize the Amcrest cameras. Can I install Dahua firmware so that the NVR does recognize the cameras? If so, what Dahue firmware should I use and where can I find it?
Hi @Adrianus

That's odd .. I would expect the Dahua OEM NVR to recognize the Amcrest ( Dahua OEM ) cameras ..

check that you have the proper user / passwords sync'ed up on the NVR and cameras.

Adrianus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @Adrianus

That's odd .. I would expect the Dahua OEM NVR to recognize the Amcrest ( Dahua OEM ) cameras ..

check that you have the proper user / passwords sync'ed up on the NVR and cameras.
You are correct! I did not have the correct password. The only thing that does not work is the Trip wire setup (IVS?). I can not find a way to enable it.

Mr_milo

n3wb
Reaction score
You are correct! I did not have the correct password. The only thing that does not work is the Trip wire setup (IVS?). I can not find a way to enable it.
You might need to switch the firmware to get IVS. Can't remember if mine had it before switching firmware but I don't think it did.