How To Upgrade Amcrest / Lorex to Dahua Firmware And Get All Dahua Features

Reaction score
Hello, I was successful in upgrading my IP8M-2496E to the Dahua firmware. Any chance someone can tell me what the Dahua equivalent to the IPM-1173E camera is.

I've verified I have this firmware installed:Amcrest_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_Eng_N_Stream3_AMCREST_V2.622.00AC000.0.T.181206
and when I try to use the firmware
DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream2_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707
the upgrade fails.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been trying to find the Dahua equivalent for the LNE9252B. I have a few of them that I'd like to see if I can upgrade the firmware to Dahua.
If I bork the camera, no big deal.

zigja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have some LNE8974AB which is a Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5830R-Z equivalent but the firmwares failed to update

to find your Dahua equivalent type this in your browser
http://<camera IP ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo
hit enter

then do a search on google or Dahua website

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It may have been mentioned already but the 1179ew's firmware is no longer letting it make the switch. Unless you have some older versions. more info on the site somewhere.

Reaction score
Hi folks I’m trying to get my old Qsee IP Cams working on my Amcrest NVR (NV5232E-16P POE 32 channel) 2 of 8 cameras came up with 10.1.1.XXX ip address the other 6.with 172.16.0.1XX after reading some feeds I found out Qsee cameras are Dahua’s and I see I can Flash amchrest to Dahua. Can someone help me out?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks I’m trying to get my old Qsee IP Cams working on my Amcrest NVR (NV5232E-16P POE 32 channel) 2 of 8 cameras came up with 10.1.1.XXX ip address the other 6.with 172.16.0.1XX after reading some feeds I found out Qsee cameras are Dahua’s and I see I can Flash amchrest to Dahua. Can someone help me out?
Why do you think flashing the firmware will help?

If the NVR isn't seeing the cams, you simply need to factory reset the cams and connect them one at a time to the NVR and let the NVR find them. Once it finds one, then add the next.

Or if you have the IP it has assigned each camera then manually install them.

Reaction score
Why do you think flashing the firmware will help?

If the NVR isn't seeing the cams, you simply need to factory reset the cams and connect them one at a time to the NVR and let the NVR find them. Once it finds one, then add the next.

Or if you have the IP it has assigned each camera then manually install them.
How do I factory reset the Camera. I’ve tried resetting the NVR but The NVR gives an IP address don’t connect.

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Dahua OEM Meta NVR and Amcrest camera's not working together. I have one that has been fine for 3 months and now there are 9 camera's that just turn off in the video detection and have taken the record setup areas.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Dahua OEM Meta NVR and Amcrest camera's not working together. I have one that has been fine for 3 months and now there are 9 camera's that just turn off in the video detection and have taken the record setup areas.
Have you forwarded any ports in your router for remote access?

Reaction score
I would not think I needed to because this is happening on the NVR it's self. This is a 64 camera system and it's only got 25 working on it and it still slows down where the client can't view the recording. so they have to reboot it then it's fine for a while?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would not think I needed to because this is happening on the NVR it's self. This is a 64 camera system and it's only got 25 working on it and it still slows down where the client can't view the recording. so they have to reboot it then it's fine for a while?
I asked because if was working OK for 3 months until now and you have ports forwarded in your router the NVR may have been hacked; I'm not implying that forwarding ports is required to get those or any cams to work with that NVR.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have a direction I should consider?
Post the model information of the cameras. They aren't necessarily Dahua cameras as many would suggest they are. They will probably work with your Amcrest unit regardless of what they are once you are able to access their web interface to set them up appropriately for your system. They may already be set to factory defaults and just need the magic login credentials to bring them up -- once you determine the factory default IP range.

Reaction score
I asked because if was working OK for 3 months until now and you have ports forwarded in your router the NVR may have been hacked; I'm not implying that forwarding ports is required to get those or any cams to work with that NVR.
I understand but I don't believe they have been hacked there are no signs of it at least but you never know they are always finding ways to get in. But no port forwarding is been done. This system is supposed to be a deep learning algorithm system and we are not using any of it because what ever is going on it maxes out the CPU to often.

Reaction score
The NVR is a DHI-NVR5864-I/L WizMind and the Cameras are IP5M-T1179EW there are only 25 cameras on this system because when we had 54 on it would freeze up. most of the frame rates are at 7 and the bite rate are 1732, the cameras are at 1080P.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have a direction I should consider?
This may or may not help, but pretty much details my non-Dahua QSee journey (successfully, btw) beginning with post #37.

Good luck.

Reaction score
The trouble I has all the cameras have been updated firmware and I can't go back. I didn't dig deep enough before I upgraded