Huisun Camera Order Delay or Cancelled

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I reordered last night after a few back and forths with this vendor. Since AliExpress is able to monitor the messages (in case of issues), I made certain to get assurances that if I do not have a valid tracking number next week, that I can cancel the order without waiting for the entire listed processing time without issue. Also, the plus over my previous order is that I am now getting the 2016 version vs. the 2015 version that I would have otherwise gotten. I'll update if/when it ships or if/when I cancel. :p

On a side note, has anyone else noted/bought from the ebay listing that has pretty much this same cam listed (2015 version) for about the same price (POE is extra and it is a different vendor, no Huisun marking on the cam) with a pretty fast/free expedited delivery?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231772834303

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On a side note, has anyone else noted/bought from the ebay listing that has pretty much this same cam listed (2015 version) for about the same price (POE is extra and it is a different vendor, no Huisun marking on the cam) with a pretty fast/free expedited delivery?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231772834303
That's interesting. I wonder if the buyer protection policy is the same for foreign transactions as it is for domestic.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would I get kicked off Aliexpress if I asked Monica if she has a pair of nuts? :nuts:
Doubtful but would you like to place an order now?

Chinese don't give a shit about anything except your money. :D

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's interesting. I wonder if the buyer protection policy is the same for foreign transactions as it is for domestic.
Yeah, same buyer protection with Ebay on international orders as it is with domestic orders. If it's not as described, seller has to refund you plus pay return shipping.

Doubtful but would you like to place an order now?

Chinese don't give a shit about anything except your money. :D
I figured I'd get a response like "yes, nut and mount screw include in camera"

coupe96

n3wb
Reaction score
How do we know that those cameras are manufactured by Monica's company? There are different sellers selling the same Huisun camera with their brand on it and even with the same product code. Maybe neither is the producer but they all buy from larger company and just add their logo on it.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hah! Regardless, there is no way that all of the parts were manufactured by one company. Usually what happens is that most of an item like this is gotten elsewhere and then "extras" are put on by a company like Huisan. "Extras" can mean a lot of things or merely window dressing. That's just the way this kind of stuff rolls...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Update #1 on my 2nd order attempt. One business day later and I got a message from "Monica" (I'm putting the name in quotation marks to satisfy some of the nitpickers here ;) ) simply thanking me for my support (nothing more). I'll continue to update, for people who are on the fence but hesitant to take the plunge (or slowly back away :p ).

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
17 hours left on my order and no request from seller to extend processing time. Never did hear back regarding availability.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
17 hours left on my order and no request from seller to extend processing time. Never did hear back regarding availability.
Same here, I have 1 day left and Monica told me on Friday that it would ship on Monday... We will see.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Updating the first order which AliExpress canceled because Huisun didn't get it out in the allotted processing time. According to my credit card company, AliExpress refunded my money the same day they canceled it (transfer date was the 15th), and it showed up on my activity page (post date was the 17th) two days later. Kudos to AliExpress!

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
According to my credit card company, AliExpress refunded my money the same day they canceled it (transfer date was the 15th), and it showed up on my activity page (post date was the 17th) two days later. Kudos to AliExpress!
That's reassuring, to some degree.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just read a post on another site that makes me very un-confident that my latest order will process, despite assurances by them... :nuts:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
According to my credit card company, AliExpress refunded my money the same day they canceled it (transfer date was the 15th), and it showed up on my activity page (post date was the 17th) two days later. Kudos to AliExpress!
Yes, that's been my experience on 3 or 4 orders last year when Hikvision were squeezing Aliexepress sellers, and stock just about dried up.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My order was officially cancelled this morning. No request by AliExpress or Monica asking me to extend processing time. Also, no replies from Monica regarding item availability. I'll follow up when I receive my refund.

Maybe they'll have this worked out in March.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any reason why you didn't extend the processing time by a few days to preserve your order?
Based on the discussions here, I really didn't see the point. My reasons would be;
The discussion of quality issues with no resolution yet.
No response from seller after messaging more than once.
Upcoming Chinese New Year. The only thing they're in a hurry to do is take a month off. (probably well deserved in some cases)
Don't really need one. PTZ is more of a novelty for me.

If and when these are available, (or something newer and better comes out) I'll probably reorder.

neonate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the popularity of the cameras may have caught them off guard in terms of production. I had ordered 2 cameras from a vendor, and the 7 days came and went with not update. I then emailed Melissa of Monitech and asked about ordering. She had the Gen1 of the x10, but only had limited pieces of the Gen2. I would prefer the Gen2, but figured I'd wait a bit to let some of the kinks workout since it's just being released. I ordered a x3 to play with since I wanted the wider lens then the x10 had. I updated after and asked if I could order a 2nd. The 1st one had shipped, but she said there would be a delay on the 2nd as Huisan said that orders had exceeded production, and was it urgent or could I wait. I told her I was in no rush since the first one had shipped (and it's just to play with), and I knew the New Year was coming up, so to just let me know when it was in.