Human / Face detection

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nevermind I see Andy has a color PTZ for not much more, $100 more. Would you get the 4MP 1/1.8" IR version or the 8MP 1/1.8" Color version?

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not great for direct comparison since the setting is so much different, but this is my best color cam with cam and lighting optimized about as good as I can get it. Very good I think for color at night and I like it a lot better than B&W for capturing wildlife as it's intended, but not as clear as the other I don't think. Even considering the above is 4MB on a 1.8 sensor and this one is 4K on 1.2. But both have their place.

View attachment 173545
Gotcha, thank you. Looks awesome!

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 4MP version.
Shoot, looks like the 4mp 1/1.8" PTZ is out of stock with Andy. There will be a big difference between this and the 4mp 1/2.8" correct? Its almost twice the price - assuming its worth it on the nighttime stuff right?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The difference is worth it if you don't have the light. He will get soon.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The difference is worth it if you don't have the light. He will get soon.
Amazon says delivery by Nov 1. I guess I will order it so I have one point of support if I need it.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you look on his site? Seems in stock there.

Best to message him and ask. A lot of times I've seen him say that the Amazon estimate is much longer than it really will be. And I know that shipping direct he can get things to me from China surprisingly fast.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dang, didnt even realize he had a website, ill just order there. Thanks man.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See what a difference the sensor makes. Your top camera at default is probably at best 1/30 shutter, but more like 1/12 and motion would be a blur.

Meanwhile the better camera and ideal MP/sensor and you can run a much faster shutter and still be brighter.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably could take it a little faster too. Maybe take it up a bit if you can to get some of that bright plant out of the foreground more and turned a little more to the right to get the white thing at left out and see more of the driveway/walk/whatever that is.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is gain set to? Make sure you are on manual that lets you adjust shutter and gain.

And maybe send these pics to the installer and ask them again for a refund for selling you crappy cameras at a higher price than better cameras LOL

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably could take it a little faster too. Maybe take it up a bit if you can to get some of that bright plant out of the foreground more and turned a little more to the right to get the white thing at left out and see more of the driveway/walk/whatever that is.
Yeap I've got to play with it a little. I havent done anything but mount it and adjust shutter speed, and take a screen shot. I didnt even aim it. Got my hands full setting up entire new network with firewall, managed 52 port PoE switch, etc. Been a long time since i've messed with any of that so its slow go. Took me like four hours to figure out how to set up a VLAN with the firewall and switch and get the blue iris machine and cameras isolated and communicating. Then the cameras come with a preprogramed static IP I guess? That took another few hours for me to realize why camera was pluged into vlan ports but getting ip out of range. Had to set up an entire other network to get into the camera to change the IP address. LOL.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is gain set to? Make sure you are on manual that lets you adjust shutter and gain.

And maybe send these pics to the installer and ask them again for a refund for selling you crappy cameras at a higher price than better cameras LOL
Yeah I was thinking of doing that exact thing. I did set it to manual, and adjusted shutter only. I will work through your step by step for dialing in a camera. I'm sure it will get better, but I was floored how bright / clear it was in color with 1/100 shutter.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've added a few cameras. Still working on everything and the network, but I am extremly happy with the cameras and blue iris is alot better than the NVR.

Even the 4mp IR cameras I have set up are good in color at night.

Quick question though - for the IVS. Should BlueIris inherit the IVS rules from the camera? And if so how do i set that up?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
IVS will help eliminate most falses. Pretty easy:
  • Under Video > Configure > check Get ONVIF trigger events.
  • Under Trigger, check ONVIF/camera/events.
Usually want to turn off Motion sensor on that same tab but you can run both if you want.

35s77

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IVS will help eliminate most falses. Pretty easy:
  • Under Video > Configure > check Get ONVIF trigger events.
  • Under Trigger, check ONVIF/camera/events.
Usually want to turn off Motion sensor on that same tab but you can run both if you want.
I did that, but I must be looking for the clips in the wrong place. If i say "all files" there are only three or four clips. If I choose "alerts" there are a bunch from when cameras were set to just motion. But none come through once I change like you said to onvif. I must have something wrong in the cameras I will check tomorrow. thanks again.