fluffypony

n3wb
Reaction score
No change on reboot - I'll PM you now.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No change on reboot - I'll PM you now.
So, I tried, but your internet or LAN is currently so unstable that connections were failing at random. There might be another underlying problem but I'm not able to find it while the connection is so poor.

Reaction score
Great interface. Thanks for the work.
Is there a way to embed a particular username into the link on a webpage?
Or to automatically log in to a username when a page is visited.

Thanks.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The included login page has an automatic login ability that stores your user name and password.

There is no way to embed a user name in a URL/link.

jejosephso

n3wb
Reaction score
"Unable to contact Blue Iris server" error when trying to log in.

Up until some time this afternoon my system had been working fine for the past couple years. It was known working last night. I've been using the UI2 since v9.5 and have loved it. I access my system almost exclusively via UI2 from a number of machine across my house and from my office. My current UI2 version is 17.4 and my Blue Iris version is 4.5.6.0.

I see from another thread, some time back, that it is a problem with the server and the JSON request. The last changes on my system (Windows Server 2012 R2) was some updates MS updates a week ago.

All other aspects of the Blue Iris system are working. It is just the web server that is not. If in the Blue Iris admin console I configure the Web service to use authentication for non-Lan Only I can access the web server via the legacy .../default.htm. Not a great work around because it does not solve the problem when I am remote and I prefer the UI2 experience.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using Internet Explorer?

Looks like the new response compression is buggy. May have broken the Android app too.

jejosephso

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I am. And now that you say so, my Android app is having a similar issue. Firefox and Chrome work fine. That is a good enough work around for now. Thanks for your time!

Q: Is the problem related to a change in the Blue Iris software?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm well Chrome still works for me. Lets see what happens when BI updates. Should be today if not already released.

Reaction score
BI released the update - fixed my Android app, but now UI2 is throwing a syntax error in libs-ui2.js. Is it possible they broke ui2 with their update? Thank you for this great alternative, btw. Discovered it today as a result of the BI bug. Well done!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, as suspected, Blue Iris 4.5.6.1 is not compressing large files correctly for transmission, and big chunks of text are missing out of them, which naturally causes scripts to fail.

I let Ken know about this so I'd expect a fix soon (today or tomorrow probably).

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't do a lot of reading, just wanted to ask if something occurred recently preventing the webpage for remote viewing for BI and these tools? I am getting the login screen, but it is not taking my login information and it has lost all my saved login info and automatically login settings. Thanks, I will try and catch up, I just noticed it and was hoping it was something that will self correct. I have been having internet / power issues recently and was hoping something else didn't break :)

Not working on any browser FYI. Looks like I will await a new BI update. It's odd because I hadn't updated anything, not even BI, BI must update itself automatically or, well I dunno lol.

Last edited:

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi BP,

Thanks again for creating this. It's an excellent tool and interface.
I tried using the Search feature and didn't have much luck... So I apologize if this was already asked and/or addressed.

Is there a way to have the ui2.htm default into full screen camera mode. (Hide Top Nav Bar and Alert Bar - like the allcams.htm)
-- Gives the benefit of starting in the "allcams.htm" view while allowing to use ` to get back to additional tools and features if you need em.
OR
Is there a way to add the zoom feature to the allcams.htm?
OR
Both?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not working on any browser FYI. Looks like I will await a new BI update. It's odd because I hadn't updated anything, not even BI, BI must update itself automatically or, well I dunno lol.
Yes, Blue Iris can automatically update itself. So every time a patch breaks something significant like this, everyone who gets automatic updates has no idea what broke. That sounds like exactly what happened to you, as the current Blue Iris 4.5.6.1 version is sending corrupted files through the web server and they therefore fail to load. You should turn automatic updates off, on the first page of Blue Iris options.

Chances are this particular bug will be fixed in a day or two but until then if you want to downgrade to a slightly older version before that bug appeared, it is linked in the post immediately above yours.

Hi BP,

Thanks again for creating this. It's an excellent tool and interface.
I tried using the Search feature and didn't have much luck... So I apologize if this was already asked and/or addressed.

Is there a way to have the ui2.htm default into full screen camera mode. (Hide Top Nav Bar and Alert Bar - like the allcams.htm)
-- Gives the benefit of starting in the "allcams.htm" view while allowing to use ` to get back to additional tools and features if you need em.
OR
Is there a way to add the zoom feature to the allcams.htm?
OR
Both?
Yes, if you add the parameter "fullscreen=1" then it should always load in full screen mode regardless of how you had it when you last used UI2. Example URL: http://127.0.0.1/ui2.htm?fullscreen=1