I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It (mobile apps) uses a totally different streaming method. It requests a video file and plays it until there is no more data. I'm not sure what the seek bar behavior is when the file is still being written though.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been addressed in the previous pages, but lately I've had issues with setting presets on my Sunba camera. It may be completely unrelated to UI2. In the past, clicking and holding on a preset number would prompt for the save. After entering a name, a thumbnail would be generated and the preset would call up the precise location and zoom on the camera.

Now, I get all the expected pop ups and thumbnails (even a "Preset X has been saved successfully"), but clicking on the newly created preset does nothing. Those already recorded from some time ago do call up properly. Any ideas?

ETA: After some more experimenting - it would appear the limitation exists on thumbnails above the 9th preset. So using UI2 to save 1-9 works. While I can set 10 and up, it won't recall them.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Look in Blue Iris, camera properties, PTZ/Control tab, Edit presets button. I've seen this data get corrupted before and if it is not showing a Name/value equal to the Button # then the preset would not work.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Look in Blue Iris, camera properties, PTZ/Control tab, Edit presets button. I've seen this data get corrupted before and if it is not showing a Name/value equal to the Button # then the preset would not work.
Nailed it.

upload_2017-9-17_14-8-58.png

That's what experience buys ya...

ETA: That solved the problem 100%. Thanks!

Fvhemert

n3wb
Reaction score
After installation UI2 quickly became my default webpage for BI, thank you for all the good work!.

One question that I cannot find an answer to is about the default layout. Currently I have 6 camera's 5 running at an HD resolution, one at VGA. When opening UI2 in the browser camera's are arranged in 2 rows and 3 columns, not an optimal layout. Is it possible to change the default layout to for example 2 columns and 3 rows?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When opening UI2 in the browser camera's are arranged in 2 rows and 3 columns, not an optimal layout. Is it possible to change the default layout to for example 2 columns and 3 rows?
Certainly. Go here and play around with different frame sizes until you get the cameras to be laid out in a way that you like:

Fvhemert

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out. Had a funny experience trying it.... I opened the webcasting option looking for #row/columns setting and only found "specify frame size setting". Started to play around (change setting, OK and see how it turns out) but decided it needed more time and unchecked the box to go back to the original settings for now. Funny thing is that after I refreshed the browser window it showed exactly what I wanted (3 rows x 2 columns).

So by changing nothing at the end but playing with the controls a little, I automagically got what I want. Now lets hope it doesn't change back automagically by its self :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
By default BI will send out approximately 720p group images... or smaller if you have few cams. On the plus side this means a higher frame rate.

Reaction score
I'm having a weird issue with BI /UI2.

I can get UI2 to work from my wan IP at work, and at home. However, if I try to view it say at a hotel or on the road, or basically anywhere else, it wont load. It loops with "Camera List Empty" and "Session may have expired".

The JpegPull page works fine, Its just UI2, and not at home or my main job.

I'm also having an issue with the app where I have to attempt to connect several times before finally getting in.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When you say you are having an issue with "the app" I assume you mean the official Android or iOS apps? Those apps work in a very similar manner to UI2 so it makes sense for both to work or both to fail at the same time. Jpegpull is much simpler and can sometimes tolerate a poorer connection.

Not much else besides a poor network connection would explain those problems. Most poor connections can be tracked down to problems in your own home.

If you are running your Blue Iris machine on wifi at home, or if you have family members at home who may be using the internet at the times you try to connect, those could also be causes of poor connectivity.

Try a speed test here, from a browser on your Blue Iris PC (I suggest google chrome). Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

This is what mine looks like. Note how the graph along the bottom goes up quickly and stays steady, indicating a good connection.

If your results look like mine (though obviously with different numbers), that should rule out most networking problems at your home. You do need at least a few Mbps of upload at your home for Blue Iris remote access to work very well, but it should at least load if you have a steady but slow speed.

Another test can see if you have bad packet loss. Broadband Line Quality Test - Check your internet connection! Test for packet loss, network latency and jitter with our free and simple tool

Assuming the tests I linked above show no issues, maybe you've just had bad luck with hotel wifi or spotty 3G/4G.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've just released an update to UI2.

v0.18.2 - 2017-09-26
* UI2 should scale itself much better on mobile devices.
* UI2 can now function either from a subdirectory of Blue Iris's web server root, or through a reverse proxy server that requires a virtual directory path. Requires Blue Iris 4.6.1.3 or newer, to work from a subdirectory.
* Changed some login failure messages.
* Updated login page to version 8 (minor tweaks made).

As always, the download link is in post #1. I made a better remote-live-view page

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another great job Brian, thanks for all your effort. I have UI2 running on a number of different clients, and love it.

Billywho

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you bp2008 for making this interface. It's great!
Is there a manual of any kind? I'm trying to figure out how to trigger a recording manually.

Thanks,
Bill

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No manual, sorry. What you want is in the context menu which is accessed by long-press (left click and hold on a camera).

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a thread or section with the update information? (release info) I keep updating but not sure why.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Each release has a changelog file included in the zip which describes (most of) the changes from every patch since I started doing the change log file.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I open to the default URL (ui2.htm) the 'Current Camera' drop down only shows "All Cameras" and on screen is only 1 (the same one each time) of my 10 cams ... no option to see any other cams?

Alerts and Clips properly show ALL 10 cameras in the drop down.

This started happening in 18.1 and still in 18.2 ... not sure if this is a bug, or corrupt config - is there a way to 'reset' UI2' config?

thx for the help

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you seeing the All cameras cycle? Check the group configuration for All cameras in the lower left corner of BI just above the timeline.