IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 8MP WDR IR Mini Bullet Network Camera / Active Deterrence Overview

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That may be, so then simply disable the schedule for the motion.
Just wanted to follow up that I had no luck with that. Even with no schedule, it still triggers BI. It's persistent. lol

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 10.18.48 PM.png

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you certain its the motion that is triggering BI not the PIR?
If so email support.
99%. I can tell when the camera's motion detection is enabled (in addition to PIR) because the top left of the image is a street and as cars drive by, this camera triggers. When only PIR is enabled, the camera only triggers when someone's in the porch area. I'll shoot Ken an email.

Looking at this camera's ONVIF events (something I saw in another thread that Ken asked for), it looks like PIR events show up like this:

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 10.35.52 PM.png

... and Motion Detection events show up like this:

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 10.36.22 PM.png

So hopefully that's good news for BI being able to figure out the difference between the different alerts!

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@aristobrat have your tried to use talk audio? you would need to use the second dahua from the dropdown. See this thread discussing the issue I am having, it may just be something about my setup as it works with the lorex version, trying to pinpoint it. Lorex LNB8105X Talk audio

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got my cams yesterday thanks @EMPIRETECANDY

@fenderman same here cannot get the talk audio working. Have time to work on it this week if you want me to try anything. I followed Ryan's screenshots from the Lorex thread and no luck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got my cams yesterday thanks @EMPIRETECANDY

@fenderman same here cannot get the talk audio working. Have time to work on it this week if you want me to try anything. I followed Ryan's screenshots from the Lorex thread and no luck.
Email support. The more people who ask the bigger chance he will work on it. Provide remote access to the rtsp and http in the email.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you certain its the motion that is triggering BI not the PIR?
If so email support.
Got a reply back from Ken mentioning that he will have to circle back around to this once he's completed some other major projects under development.

Also, this doesn't look like a BI-only thing. When I use the ONVIF Device Manager app to connect and monitor this cameras events, that also causes the cameras MD to re-enable.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet! Thank you @fenderman
Do you think that will work for the db11 as well?
No idea. If it doesn't, all you need to do is open a ticket provide direct access to the camera and he will get to it. He is backed up and it took him 4-6 days to respond to emails.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
No idea. If it doesn't, all you need to do is open a ticket provide direct access to the camera and he will get to it. He is backed up and it took him 4-6 days to respond to emails.
Cool.. I'll see if this works and if not go that direction.. Thanks and I'm sure the entire forum appreciates your effort brother

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While I'm waiting for Ken's better approach for having BI handle how this camera's built-in Motion Detection will sometimes re-enable, I'm playing around with setting up a Blue Iris camera Alert Action (Run a program or execute a script) that disables the camera's built-in Motion Detection each time the camera triggers. This may be overkill in some situations, but if my camera is only triggering based on the PIR alarm, that's just a few times a day for me.

FIle:
curl.exe

Parameters:
Code:
-g --user username:password --digest "http://192.168.1.XXX/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&MotionDetect[0].Enable=false"
Not sure this it the cleanest way to go about this, but it seems to be working well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having a little bit of a struggle with having BI only trigger when this camera's PIR Alarm triggers.

Initially, this configuration works great:
BI:
Video > Configure... | Select "Get events with PullPointSubscription"
Trigger > Sources | Only "Camera's digital input or motion" selected

CAMERA:
Setting > Event | Only "Alarm" > "PIR Alarm" is enabled

The struggle I'm running into is that after that's all setup and running great, if I do anything that makes BI disconnect/reconnect to the camera (like save an edit to the camera's properties in BI or restart the BI service), somehow "Motion Detection" gets enabled on the camera.

Needless to say, with both "Motion Detection" and "PIR Alarm" enabled on the camera, BI gets triggered a lot more than I want. If I go back into the camera and disable "Motion Detection", everything is good until I do something within BI that causes it to disconnect/reconnect from the camera... then "Motion Detection" on the camera gets re-enabled.
So I tested this using onvif device manager and the same thing happens. It enables motion detection when it logs into the camera via onvif. This is a bug that dahua needs to address. @EMPIRETECANDY

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how do you guys like this cam vs. the "classic" 5231r-ze?....I know the 5231 major benefits are being varifocal and low-light...but I'm looking for cams with better image quality/higher MP res for next install...any thoughts? any other cam with higher MP you'd recommend?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
how do you guys like this cam vs. the "classic" 5231r-ze?....I know the 5231 major benefits are being varifocal and low-light...but I'm looking for cams with better image quality/higher MP res for next install...any thoughts? any other cam with higher MP you'd recommend?
The lens is 2.8 mm wide angle, and the IR is significantly weaker. If you want an eight megapixel camera look at the 2831 with the 1 / 1.8 sensor... Or see IP cam talk Hikvision cameras with half inch sensors... There are already comparison shots in those threads.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would it be possible to get a video from this camera at night when the light is flashing? Does it switch back and forth between color and B&W? Does it make the video not usable once its been triggered?

It seems like this is perfect for active deterrence, but should definitely plan for a separate camera in the same area for overall video quality. Any triggered samples from night would be very helpful. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to get a video from this camera at night when the light is flashing? Does it switch back and forth between color and B&W? Does it make the video not usable once its been triggered?

It seems like this is perfect for active deterrence, but should definitely plan for a separate camera in the same area for overall video quality. Any triggered samples from night would be very helpful. Thanks.
there is another thread with looneys review. You can disable the flashing if you wish. You need lots of light for this camera. This camera is suitable for indoor use, front door or a driveway warning camera to scare off door checkers. If you want good low light images look at the other cameras with larger sensors.