fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at the post by mjb, but would need the 30' point/distance to see the diff vs. 12mm; so it's still a guess. I looked at the calculator; but it's not user friendly for a newb! I'll just need to take my time and understand/learn a little more unless I can visually see an actual distance comparison at 30'.

Thanks for all your help; really appreciate it.
The point where the driveway narrows is easily 30f probably more (use the the plywood as a point of reference)...there is no way to get a precise answer unless you actually try it...maybe @RyanODan can do a test shot for you...if you dont need to view the entire room when zoomed out then just get a 12x camera and be done with it..or buy one 2.8mm fixed camera for overview and use the ptz when you need it...

Last edited by a moderator:

nocash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

Interested in buying a Hikvision DS-7616NI-SE2/8P, so I’m looking for the IPCT user discount.

Already send you the email with my info.

PD: This is a great community, lots of info and help. This will be my first setup so I'm very excited.

Thanks!

mahicks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

I just sent you my email and IPCT info. Looking forward to buying 2 interior cams and 2 or 3 exterior cams for my Blue Iris system. I am looking at mostly the 3MP cameras. I sent you my information already. Thanks!

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @mahicks I sent you a reply via email with some camera suggestions. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll send again.

mahicks

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Evening Ryan. I just saw my email last night and had a chance to review your info. I had a few questions but since they are off topic (discount thread) I am going to email them to you. Thank you for your help!

DGF

n3wb
Reaction score
Just signed up with Ryan - looking forward to placing my first order.

Dave

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@mwatz, Thanks for signing up and being part of the IPCT community.

rgunner

n3wb
Reaction score
Email sent. Thanks for discounts to IPCT members.

Quick question. Trying to decide on PTZ camera, primary purpose is being able to keep eye on kids at bus stop 3 houses down. Trying to decide if the 4x digital is enough or do i negotiate with the financial adviser (the wife :D) for the 12x.

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/eyesurv-esip-ptzmicro-1080p-2mp-weatherproof-mini-ptz-with-4x-optical-zoom.html
or
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/ip-ptz-s/dahua-sd42212sn-hn-2mp-mini-ptz-1080p-high-definition-ip-security-camera.html

Thanks!

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@rgunner How far away do you estimate they will be when waiting for the bus?