Israel attacked by Hamas...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For sure, Arabs of the different tribes can't get along with each other without bloodshed. Now... you throw in the Jews that are a completely completely different tribe and you're going to expect kumbya?? Good luck with that...
It's a culture religion and ideology of violence... There's no way to fix it... They don't think like westerners.... They glorify death for their cause and life is worthless to them...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Exactly. It's darn hard to explain it properly to the younger generation any more because history is no longer taught. My best analogy is that they are as they were 10 centuries ago and WE are the ones that have evolved. So, if one goes back in time by reading about the Crusades (both sides of the coin had these), only then can you even begin to understand the realities of what's transpiring and the impossibility of a peaceful solution...

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Swarthmore College says praise of Hamas is part of the 'free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives'

Campus Reform recently reported that the Swarthmore chapter of Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) called the Hamas terrorists who butchered thousands of innocent Israelis (and others, including Americans) “martyrs” and affirmed the “right of Palestinian people to resist.”

Which reportedly prompted Swarthmore College President Val Smith to issue a statement in which she called the students’ praise of Hamas terror actions examples of the “free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives” that “we embrace” as a “liberal arts institution.” (Which renders ridiculous Smith’s claim that “hateful rhetoric and calls for violence have no place at Swarthmore.”)

One post on ‘X’ noted: “Val Smith, president of @swarthmore, calls SJP celebrating the beheading of Israeli babies ‘free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives’ and refuses to address the organization’s abhorrent post or antisemitism by name.”

Branding terrorism and the mass murder of innocents nothing but the “free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives” that a “liberal arts institution” should “embrace” boggles the mind……and sickens the soul.

By that ”perspective,” the Saudis that flew planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon were just engaging in the free exchange of diverse ideas, too. As were Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols. And Charles Manson. Isn’t diversity grand?! Who’s not pro-diversity? And those terrorists were inclusive and equitable in their attacks, too, rendering nearly 3,000 souls of every color, sex, creed, and class equally dead. Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity, baby! D.I.E.!
If we’ve “progressed” so far that slaughtering innocent people is now simply considered to be illustrative of a different perspective, surely Swarthmore College and its SJP warmly welcomes conservatives and MAGA types to campus to share their diverse perspectives? Right?

College says praise of Hamas part of the 'free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives' - American Thinker

My Comment: As if Hamas has a ‘free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives’.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Swarthmore College says praise of Hamas is part of the 'free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives'

Campus Reform recently reported that the Swarthmore chapter of Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) called the Hamas terrorists who butchered thousands of innocent Israelis (and others, including Americans) “martyrs” and affirmed the “right of Palestinian people to resist.”

Which reportedly prompted Swarthmore College President Val Smith to issue a statement in which she called the students’ praise of Hamas terror actions examples of the “free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives” that “we embrace” as a “liberal arts institution.” (Which renders ridiculous Smith’s claim that “hateful rhetoric and calls for violence have no place at Swarthmore.”)

One post on ‘X’ noted: “Val Smith, president of @swarthmore, calls SJP celebrating the beheading of Israeli babies ‘free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives’ and refuses to address the organization’s abhorrent post or antisemitism by name.”

Branding terrorism and the mass murder of innocents nothing but the “free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives” that a “liberal arts institution” should “embrace” boggles the mind……and sickens the soul.

By that ”perspective,” the Saudis that flew planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon were just engaging in the free exchange of diverse ideas, too. As were Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols. And Charles Manson. Isn’t diversity grand?! Who’s not pro-diversity? And those terrorists were inclusive and equitable in their attacks, too, rendering nearly 3,000 souls of every color, sex, creed, and class equally dead. Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity, baby! D.I.E.!
If we’ve “progressed” so far that slaughtering innocent people is now simply considered to be illustrative of a different perspective, surely Swarthmore College and its SJP warmly welcomes conservatives and MAGA types to campus to share their diverse perspectives? Right?

College says praise of Hamas part of the 'free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives' - American Thinker

My Comment: As if Hamas has a ‘free exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives’.
Jewish students need to hold up KKK and anti-black signs....lets see how long this "free exchange of ideas" lasts...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is actually pretty good coverage here ..

executive summary :
US devesting / pivot from the middle east .. creating a post USA Middle East .. everyone there is attempting to maneuver to an advantage .. attempts by Israel and Saudi Arabia to make a deal .. which would counter Iran, and marginalize the Palestinians ..

What happened in Israel and why now?

The Prof G Show – Scott Galloway
Oct 14, 2023

Fareed Zakaria, the host of Fareed Zakaria GPS on CNN and a columnist for The Washington Post, joins Scott to break down the conflict in Israel, including the historical context that is needed to know and the implications that are to follow within the region and around the globe.

Conversation with Fareed Zakaria — The Conflict in Israel and the State of Foreign Affairs

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Conricus on CNN: The problem with the aid that goes in intended for Palestinians [it] is taken by Hamas...

(Exerpt from)

Israel urges civilians in northern Gaza to go South Michael Holmes talks with IDF Spokesperson Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus. ["The problem with the aid that goes in intended for Palestinians is taken by Hamas..."]

Israel urges civilians in northern Gaza to go South | CNN

My comment: Hard to believe that CNN actually admits this.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thinks it's the enemy of my enemy thing as Persians are not Arabs and vice versa.
Empires .. iirc all Empires included numerous ethnicities .. historic Persian Empire, for example

1697427264966.png

and I do believe Iran is attempting to recreate that empire to some degree, as a Shiite empire as the principle identity

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I worked with a few Iranians over several jobs. They always made it clear that they are Persian not to be confused with Arabs and speak Farsi not Arabic. And, they all hated the regime in Iran.
Yes, Iranian / Persians are not Arabs, and they do not speak Arabic ( as a general rule .. ) .. still does change my mind that Iran is attempting to create a Sunni Empire .. sort of a new Persian Empire ..

note, the historic Persian Empire had many who were not Persian under it's rule ..