Latest New 20180813 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've noticed my SD card has disappeared from my 5231 cams.....currently on :
IPC-HDW5231R-Z
System Version2.640.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2018-05-23

Anyone experienced this? is it the firmware? should i revert to an earlier one or upgrade to newer? or try restore to defaults or something?
The 2 cams this has happened on also are constantly losing connection too..ie "no signal" Error 8000274d (refused; check ip)

Thanks!
Try Resetting completely using the button inside?

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
wish i could but the cams are super hard to get to while mounted...any other option?
You could access the Web Login and do a "factory /defaults / reset"...

But remember, IP will change.
If you are going to reset this way, try the one without resetting the IP first... and if that doesn't work, do the full factory reset.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed my SD card has disappeared from my 5231 cams.....currently on :
IPC-HDW5231R-Z
System Version2.640.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2018-05-23

Anyone experienced this? is it the firmware? should i revert to an earlier one or upgrade to newer? or try restore to defaults or something?
The 2 cams this has happened on also are constantly losing connection too..ie "no signal" Error 8000274d (refused; check ip)

Thanks!
Before flipping firmwares, try to do a "factory reset". That might already solve these issues. Then I'll advice to run into a "test bench" mode: install the cam on a certified (short) UTP cable to eliminate faulty (failing) wire connections.

Good luck!
CC

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This firmware have a latest new version, a firmware at Jan. 2019, some guys already got cameras with the latest new firmware, i will post it here very soon. ipct always the latest new firmware, lol.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Before flipping firmwares, try to do a "factory reset". That might already solve these issues. Then I'll advice to run into a "test bench" mode: install the cam on a certified (short) UTP cable to eliminate faulty (failing) wire connections.

Good luck!
CC
after doing factory reset from the UI on 2 of the 5231 cams I get about 90% fewer disconnects....weird...could they really be firmware-related?

doxymoron

n3wb
Reaction score
Andy do you happen to have the latest firmware available for this? Really looking forward to updating my cams, thanks.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I'll wait till Andy confirms it...wouldn't want to brick my cams :D
I would not upgrade to that latest firmware, as it has problems with it. Reboots, some settings not working as they should, etc.

If you upgrade to the latest one, you can not downgrade to the previous one anymore.

Andy posted the latest one a while back, but after many comments, including myself, about issues, he removed the link again to prevent more users from having the same problems.

Notrial

n3wb
Reaction score
I would not upgrade to that latest firmware, as it has problems with it. Reboots, some settings not working as they should, etc.

If you upgrade to the latest one, you can not downgrade to the previous one anymore.

Andy posted the latest one a while back, but after many comments, including myself, about issues, he removed the link again to prevent more users from having the same problems.
Thanks for the heads up! Which version would you recommend then as stable at the moment? I have IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE by the way.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
This firmware have a latest new version, a firmware at Jan. 2019, some guys already got cameras with the latest new firmware, i will post it here very soon. ipct always the latest new firmware, lol.
@EMPIRETECANDY Andy, just wondered if you had an update (or a link) to any new 2019 FW for the 5231R-ZE or 5231E-Z12E ? Thanks

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
will post a 20181226 hours later, i tested this firmware yesterday, all good, the Jan firmware has bug.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
will post a 20181226 hours later, i tested this firmware yesterday, all good, the Jan firmware has bug.
Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY is that the v2.800 build ? If so I have that on my Z12E and am experiencing disconnects. Happy to refresh it if you post the link as you mentioned but just wanted to let you know I've seen some issues with that one recently. Thanks again

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
This firmware already used on the orders from Jan. Seems good.
Thanks Andy can you post the link to that new FW again, I will re-flash and see if that helps. I can see the cam go offline in multiple ways, doesn't respond to ping, offline gaps in NVR etc etc so definitely something going on that I will investigate further