Mini outdoor PTZ : DS-2DE4A220IW-DE

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I will grab one out of the box on Saturday and take photos you are using the bracket supplied? It's just a few tiny washers between the plate and bracket not removing the silver plate
It sounds like grinding and shudders left right

qrt1977

n3wb
Reaction score
@marku2

Thank you very much !! Please if you can, no hurry, add some pictures.
It would be much appreciated !!!!

Looks like a design flaw then .....

qrt1977

n3wb
Reaction score
I had another run over this tread and I come to the conclusion that there is much more to do with these camera's if you give the camera a IP address instead of using the auto plug & play from the NVR.
Not much settings you can do from within the NVR menu.

just a example

Auto tracking
more fine tuning for intrusion detection
more fine tuning for line crossing
IR settings

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I had another run over this tread and I come to the conclusion that there is much more to do with these camera's if you give the camera a IP address instead of using the auto plug & play from the NVR.
Not much settings you can do from within the NVR menu.

just a example

Auto tracking
more fine tuning for intrusion detection
more fine tuning for line crossing
IR settings
I do mine all that way then in iVMS-4500 you can slide the cam on the view screen right click on the screen and remote configuration but the web GUI is accessible through the nvr only if your on the web and have virtual host ticked

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
@marku2

Thank you very much !! Please if you can, no hurry, add some pictures.
It would be much appreciated !!!!

Looks like a design flaw then .....
Will do Saturday morning have a day off will give a photo detail of how I overcame the same problem I had as yours I too thought omg it's broken but when I took it off it's bracket it was fine

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok this is what I did to overcome the binding issue
The plate on the camera is ok the problem is when yo screw it to the bracket
The dimples in the bracket seem to kick out the alignment
As when I first screwed mine on after hooking it up on the bench I tested it in the bracket and it made all sorts of noise and seemed it couldn't get to where it was supposed too in its start up sequence
So I took it off tested it without the bracket and it was perfect
So I then glued 4 washers to the ptz bracket and sprayed some silicone spray on the camera silver bracket and twisted the camera on,then tested the camera hanging as it would off the wall and it made no noise and did its check sum
That really fixed my problem I did make a lead up as I have audio and power and cat cable going thro mine and ran them to a junction box as fitting all those wires in the bracket seemed painfully hard

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok this is what I did to overcome the binding issue
The plate on the camera is ok the problem is when yo screw it to the bracket
The dimples in the bracket seem to kick out the alignment
As when I first screwed mine on after hooking it up on the bench I tested it in the bracket and it made all sorts of noise and seemed it couldn't get to where it was supposed too in its start up sequence
So I took it off tested it without the bracket and it was perfect
So I then glued 4 washers to the ptz bracket and sprayed some silicone spray on the camera silver bracket and twisted the camera on,then tested the camera hanging as it would off the wall and it made no noise and did its check sum
That really fixed my problem I did make a lead up as I have audio and power and cat cable going thro mine and ran them to a junction box as fitting all those wires in the bracket seemed painfully hard

Attachments

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys they do have some issues with their sensors however this camera. Sometimes after a few months the image goes pink so keep that in mind when picking a supplier.

I have one of my customers just sent me one back from France with that IR chut filter problem.

Regards
Jamil

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes after a few months the image goes pink so keep that in mind when picking a supplier.

I have one of my customers just sent me one back from France with that IR chut filter problem.
Think carefully about what you have written there ...

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haha no worries mate. If you guys need any information from a sellers point of view please let me know.
I.e what cameras have to most issues and what not.

Me being a seller I see a wide range of problems that could occur with a product and have to deal with it.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just received one of these bad boys from Amandacams. I'm going to install it tonight - can't wait!

How much does permanent patrol mode reduce the lifespan of PTZ cameras? The 4.7mm focal length is a little narrow for my scene, so I wanted to have it patrol to get about 90°FOV.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just received one of these bad boys from Amandacams. I'm going to install it tonight - can't wait!

How much does permanent patrol mode reduce the lifespan of PTZ cameras? The 4.7mm focal length is a little narrow for my scene, so I wanted to have it patrol to get about 90°FOV.
permanent partol mode is completely useless and pointless for 99.9 percent of case use..

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Let me know what you think, I'm thinking about grabbing one myself! Thanks!

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Amandacams awesome seller but fenderman is correct permanently setting this up on patrol is pointless I'd rather leave is on auto track and set its return point up and sensitivity down

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Amandacams awesome seller but fenderman is correct permanently setting this up on patrol is pointless I'd rather leave is on auto track and set its return point up and sensitivity down
I know nothing about how the camera works. Yes I've seen the track function on a friends camera and it is the reason I bought this camera. Why do you say patrol is pointless? Can you not have patrol mode + auto track working at the same time?