Mini outdoor PTZ : DS-2DE4A220IW-DE

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let me know what you think, I'm thinking about grabbing one myself! Thanks!
I'm absolutely stunned at how good this camera is. I'm smiling from ear to ear.

Just know that it's a BIG dome. It's a serious looking piece of gear that you can't miss. Also, min FL is 4.7mm, which is narrower than I expected.

I'll be buying another one. It makes me want to throw my 4*3mp in the bin.

The night time performance is absolutely incredible. I run it with IR OFF. Streetlight is enough illumination.

Attachments

qrt1977

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded to firmware 5.4.8 and auto-tracking is not available .
Is there a way to downgrade ?
Does somebody has the firmware with autotracking ?

Regards

tredstone

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded to firmware 5.4.8 and auto-tracking is not available .
Is there a way to downgrade ?
Does somebody has the firmware with autotracking ?

Regards
My cam has the same firmware and has the auto tracking feature. That's strange

qrt1977

n3wb
Reaction score
I have smart tracking but not the different auto tracking checkboxes that I see in the posted screenshots

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i have autotracking on this camera but no way to activate it :/

bick

qrt1977

n3wb
Reaction score
The smart tracking works here, but it doesn't go out of a certain area, it doesn't follow the object until it is gone.
Weird

qrt1977

n3wb
Reaction score
The Cameras have a IP address now and connected to the NVR.

Do I configure the camera directly ?
And does the NVR just do the recording or does the NVR overwrite the settings on the camera ?

It is so strange that I have the option to configure 2 devices, the camera and the NVR ...

tredstone

n3wb
Reaction score
I have smart tracking but not the different auto tracking checkboxes that I see in the posted screenshots
Which posted screenshots ? There are some shots using the blue iris software and some from within the camera settings via Web browser both have different options and functionality.

tredstone

n3wb
Reaction score
The Cameras have a IP address now and connected to the NVR.

Do I configure the camera directly ?
And does the NVR just do the recording or does the NVR overwrite the settings on the camera ?

It is so strange that I have the option to configure 2 devices, the camera and the NVR ...
Some people use there pc to use the camera's either by using software like blue iris or hikvisions ivms . Changing settings on either the NVR or through the web browser can cause confliction . Eg ... setting the bitrate at one value in the NVR and another value on the browser .
Best thing to do is keep the settings the same and the functionality that is not available on the NVR such as ir settings and smart tracking can be done via the web browser . It's a pain that all settings are not available directly on the NVR.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is the page for smart tracking. Does anyone know what this button does and why there isn't a slider for it?

Also, what is the difference between 'Enable smart tracking' and all the rest of these options?

PS: my camera does an incredible job at tracking and will follow objects far away from the default space. It will happily do a 180 and follow me right into my front door.

The only thing I need to tweak is that it will fixate on headlights hitting ground and not the car... seems to be 50/50 if it snaps to the car or if it stays on the headlights. Any ideas?

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok face tracking if you enable it and lets say have an iPad hooked in to watch what is does it looks at circular objects hence a face or a car wheel and picks up on that so if one of the kids kicked a round ball it would track that
Zoom ratio set that up how far out you want the camera to zoom
Roi region of interest you will see. Red outline once drawn let's sat your garden fountain is a roi it will after tracking go back to the fountain just playing around is the best way you can't break anything trim in the speeds it's all in the fun of learning
If you have the camera in the iVMS-4500 on the laptop on its own IP address and not behind the nvr you can right click a turn on auto track and b configure the camera without hitting the web page

qrt1977

n3wb
Reaction score
Smart tracking work for Intrusion detection en line crossing, not for the other options.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok this is what I did to overcome the binding issue
The plate on the camera is ok the problem is when yo screw it to the bracket
The dimples in the bracket seem to kick out the alignment
As when I first screwed mine on after hooking it up on the bench I tested it in the bracket and it made all sorts of noise and seemed it couldn't get to where it was supposed too in its start up sequence
So I took it off tested it without the bracket and it was perfect
So I then glued 4 washers to the ptz bracket and sprayed some silicone spray on the camera silver bracket and twisted the camera on,then tested the camera hanging as it would off the wall and it made no noise and did its check sum
That really fixed my problem I did make a lead up as I have audio and power and cat cable going thro mine and ran them to a junction box as fitting all those wires in the bracket seemed painfully hard
this does not fix the issue for me, as soon as the PTZ need to go behind i.e. down to floor and spin around and go back up, it just locks up as soon as it hits the down position. I have tried contacting AliExpress merchant, but they are now ignoring my communication, I so I have a Credit Card claim in with bank. the PTZ is defiantly faulty Imo, as I have another from a UK official retailer and that is working perfect, same cable, same mount, same everything, IMO they must be a dodgy batch going around, UK Hikvsion had never herd of the issue and ask me to return the camera to where I purchased it from. so lesson learned only buy from official retailers from now on.

qrt1977

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like an external POE device fixed this issue for me, no more pan tilt zoom initialize failure at startup

When connected to the NVR with a short cable = OK
When connected to the NVR over a +10 meter cable = NOK
When connected to a external POE device + cable over 10 meters = OK

NiToNi

n3wb
Reaction score
This camera seems awesome!

Does anybody know if the big 3MP brother, DS-2DE4A320IW, has the same undocumented auto-tracking feature and great night performance...? I'm tempted to go for it (and the DS-1671ZJ-SD11 in-celing mount) but afraid I'd lose either...

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok face tracking if you enable it and lets say have an iPad hooked in to watch what is does it looks at circular objects hence a face or a car wheel and picks up on that so if one of the kids kicked a round ball it would track that
Zoom ratio set that up how far out you want the camera to zoom
Roi region of interest you will see. Red outline once drawn let's sat your garden fountain is a roi it will after tracking go back to the fountain just playing around is the best way you can't break anything trim in the speeds it's all in the fun of learning
If you have the camera in the iVMS-4500 on the laptop on its own IP address and not behind the nvr you can right click a turn on auto track and b configure the camera without hitting the web page

Attachments