Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry for the noob question but how are you sharing the audio exactly. I'm not following what is going on in your setup.
I mounted an old indoor VGA IP camera inside my garage that has a connection for a mic. I don't use the camera for video. I use it only for the (mic) audio. The mic is mounted outside the garage under the eave near other cameras that don't support audio, including the Huisun mini-ptz.

Blue Iris software would be required for this to work. With BI, I can configure all of the non-audio cameras that are fairly close to the mic to use the audio from the old camera. In other words, the old camera with the mic is sharing its audio with the other cameras so that audio will be included in recordings or viewing live. Here is the setting in BI.

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
great application Larebear..according to many people on this forum, unfortunately I already had a hik nvr before joining this forum :sad2:

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased the camera , I can record video directly on a nas or share directory?
but I can not find the item ....

i have firmware MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201505121348

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@korakora

Which speed dome are you using, 1.3 MP or 2 MP? Do you have a link? TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking at this camera: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW,3MP Wireless Wifi Camera Full HD 1080P Built-in microphone DWDR & 3D DNR & BLC Wi-Fi Home Security
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-DS-2CD2432F-IW-3MP-Wireless-Wifi-Camera-Full-HD-1080P-Built-in-microphone-DWDR-3D/1890061824.html

Do I need this as well: 15V/1A POE Injector Ethernet Adapter For Hikvision CCTV IP Camera Wall Plug Power Supply US EU Power Over Ethernet Adapter
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/15V-1A-POE-Injector-Ethernet-Adapter-For-Hikvision-CCTV-IP-Camera-Wall-Plug-Power-Supply-US/32388633687.html?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have one at the moment. So would I need a separate hardware piece to run Ethernet to the device? I recall that Poe switches can only do power or Ethernet but not both or am I completely wrong about that?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Poe switches can only do power or Ethernet but not both or am I completely wrong about that?
I'm afraid so - they do both.

Do I need this as well: 15V/1A POE Injector Ethernet Adapter For Hikvision CCTV IP Camera Wall Plug Power Supply US EU Power Over Ethernet Adapter
The cameras do not use 15v.
Either 12v on the separate power cable, or proper 802.3af PoE, which is nominally 48v via the Ethernet cable.
I would not touch that Aliexepress linked item with a bargepole, as they say.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am looking at this camera: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW,3MP Wireless Wifi Camera Full HD 1080P Built-in microphone DWDR & 3D DNR & BLC Wi-Fi Home Security
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/yRh80w4

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cmzS5VpW

They may look the same but they don't function the same. You will need 48V. I used these for my cams in the past before I switched to NVR poe:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-Universal-48V-0-5A-Wall-Plug-POE-Injector-for-IP-Phone-IP-Camera-NEW-/311414046579?hash=item4881b93f73:g:s2IAAOSwT6pVkzcs

These are better option then getting 12v adapter because of virtually any length for power cable

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ElGato

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have one at the moment. So would I need a separate hardware piece to run Ethernet to the device? I recall that Poe switches can only do power or Ethernet but not both or am I completely wrong about that?

I would recommend investing in a PoE switch. They can be purchased quite cheaply, http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SG1008P-8-Port-Giagbit-802-3af/dp/B00BP0SSAS/ref=pd_sim_147_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=416dopgvswL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0QZBNHZRSQ8K1MWY0904, and means you can power up to 4 devices using just an ethernet run.

Not used stand alone injectors myself but you do not need separate hardware. Network goes in one of the sockets and power plus Ethernet out the other to the camera.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dalepa

Reaction score
HuiSun Mini PTZ has my vote for DYI camera of the year! Both night and day Image Quality outperforms all my Hikvisions, auto focus and micro focus work great. PTZ is fast. Camera is slightly larger than the 2032, but it comes with mounting bracket for easy install. And 10x!

Cant wait to get it setup on my new Osprey pole, gonna get some awesome shots soon.

Some shots just after sunset

Cam1 (4).jpgCam1 (5).jpgCam1 (7).jpgCam1.jpg

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
VERY impressive dalepa! I'm getting annoyed now...we ordered the same cam at the same time, you've had yours for 2+ days, and I'm still waiting for shipment..only a day left before it self-cancels. Someone kick Monica's rear for me...I don't 'do' whatsapp or skype. :[

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HuiSun Mini PTZ has my vote for DYI camera of the year! Both night and day Image Quality outperforms all my Hikvisions, auto focus and micro focus work great. PTZ is fast. Camera is slightly larger than the 2032, but it comes with mounting bracket for easy install. And 10x!

Cant wait to get it setup on my new Osprey pole, gonna get some awesome shots soon.

Some shots just after sunset
Nice shots, thanks dalepa. I agree with all you said, with the exception of PTZ is fast. IMHO, the one weakness of the camera (I have 2) is the PT speed. I don't expect it to be speed-dome fast, but I find the current speed too slow to follow many common moving objects.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Does this cam support write to NAS?

I don't have a NVR but I do have a NAS - Western Digital MyCloud personal storage and will it record directly to it?

Thank you
Bill

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah PT is slow, but way better then no PTZ ;)
Considering this is my first PTZ...it will be fast to me! ;) Monica says she'll ship tomorrow..AliExpress's site isn't very helpful..my account shows no new messages, got no new emails, but on Order Details page I can clearly see her messages, just have to navigate to that page. I had to extend processing time by 2 days, just in case...my order must have just fallen through the cracks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No, it doesn't support it, it does have save to FTP, but I don't know how well it works.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
HuiSun Mini PTZ has my vote for DYI camera of the year!
Nice! And now you have convinced me, but what is "DYI" ?

I was trying to hold out, but these pics were too much for a cam-addict.

Is there a 12 step?

I ordered. I wait for a slow boat from China...

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Considering this is my first PTZ...it will be fast to me! ;) Monica says she'll ship tomorrow..AliExpress's site isn't very helpful..my account shows no new messages, got no new emails, but on Order Details page I can clearly see her messages, just have to navigate to that page. I had to extend processing time by 2 days, just in case...my order must have just fallen through the cracks.
HMMMM, at $156.00 I doubt it fell threw the cracks. Hopefully she gets mine out in time. I will not extend time. LOL might be a mistake or might not be. I did notice there are no feedback after September.