NEW 1080P Wifi Video Doorbell!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, I had missed that thread. Going to check my door when I get home, may still be too big for the location.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From the other thread above, sounds like there are some shortcomings, but may be the best in the price range for now.
Still on the fence here.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the other thread above, sounds like there are some shortcomings, but may be the best in the price range for now.
Still on the fence here.
Hi The Penguin,

I had a short chat with Nelly's and a number of those issues have been addressed by a firmware update as well as updates to the app.

So far, it seems to be one of the better WiFi doorbell options available right now.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi The Penguin,

I had a short chat with Nelly's and a number of those issues have been addressed by a firmware update as well as updates to the app.

So far, it seems to be one of the better WiFi doorbell options available right now.
@mat200 Does that mean the night time video problems due to IR is now fixed with the firmware update?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 Does that mean the night time video problems due to IR is now fixed with the firmware update?
Hi Actran,

I would ask that question directly of a person from Nelly's Security @AJ47 they can answer better than I am able to.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
If there are IR issues it's not a huge deal for me as I have motion lights all over. To me the biggest thing is ONVIF which means Blue Iris will should play friendly with it.

The_Penguin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Obviously a firmware update can't change the physical problem of reflections, but maybe they've added some control over the IR LEDs.
I bit the bullet and ordered last night. Will take over a week to get to Canuckistan.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As far as IR issues, it does have a little bit of reflection. I just think its the way its designed with such a super wide angle lens and the IR's being right in the path of those outer angles its going to have a little bit of reflection unfortunately.

The issues that were solved in the newest firmware were the horrible network issues. Sometimes on the old firmware the app would hang at 90% forever and sometimes not even pull up. The new firmware has much better performance on that end. Also the new firmware has a web interface and gives you the option to configure motion detection settings thru the app.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for chiming in. @Mike and @The_Penguin Looking forward to hearing about your experience with this camera.

I'm in the market for a doorbell camera myself but on the fence. I would like to see what you guys think, particularly with respect to night time video.

On a related note, I'm curious if the lens can be swapped out with something less wide angle. I'm not a fan of the fisheye view. (I've read other members swap out lens on their Hik turrets using replacement M12 lens)

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think it would be quite the task to switch out the lens on this one.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can work with Samsung Smartthings hub?
im not sure. Do they have an IP camera viewer of some sort? It doesnt have any zwave capabilities or anything like that and it wouldnt really trigger anything in the smart things hub unless the smart things hub can receive motion detection signals from hikvision protocol, which i highly doubt is possible, but I could be wrong.

Short answer, probably not, LOL!

Type2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried to install this camera today and can't get it to work so perhaps someone here will be able to help out.
1. Biggest problem right now is it keeps ringing the doorbell over and over. I didn't time it but I would say every 60 seconds it rings.
2. The red light keeps flashing (no blue light period).
3. Could not get it to connect to wireless
3. I tried to reboot and connect manually - the app said "Hold the reset button for 5s before connecting to a network. You will hear the voice prompt Start configuring Wi-Fi" -- absolutely no noises from the unit.

I am hoping this was just a defective unit or perhaps I installed it incorrectly. I will be contacting Nelly's Security on Monday 12/18/17 to see if they have any troubleshooting ideas. Perhaps I can connect it to a 24v a/c power supply and test on a bench or something.

Thanks for any insight!

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just tried to install this camera today and can't get it to work so perhaps someone here will be able to help out.
1. Biggest problem right now is it keeps ringing the doorbell over and over. I didn't time it but I would say every 60 seconds it rings.
2. The red light keeps flashing (no blue light period).
3. Could not get it to connect to wireless
3. I tried to reboot and connect manually - the app said "Hold the reset button for 5s before connecting to a network. You will hear the voice prompt Start configuring Wi-Fi" -- absolutely no noises from the unit.

I am hoping this was just a defective unit or perhaps I installed it incorrectly. I will be contacting Nelly's Security on Monday 12/18/17 to see if they have any troubleshooting ideas. Perhaps I can connect it to a 24v a/c power supply and test on a bench or something.

Thanks for any insight!
Hi Type 2,

Sorry for the troubles. Just saw this today, wanted to see if I can help you out. If this doesnt work, give us a call tomorrow.

To reset, hold the button on the side down until you hear the doorbell say "The device is rebooting". Once it says that, you can release the button ansd you will need to wait for a couple minutes until it fully reboots and says "Start configuring wifi" Dont proceed until you hear that. It could take 2-3 minutes before it says that.

Once you hear it say "start configuring wifi" then proceed to follow part 2 of these instructs:
H Series Doorbell Camera Quickstart Guide - Nelly's Security

Type2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there - I followed the quick start guide line by line. I held the button on the side for various amounts of time up to 15 seconds but I never heard the doorbell say anything. I had to take the doorbell off because it was constantly ringing and driving people nuts in the house. I wonder if there is a way to open the box up and do a manual reboot because the button on the side doesn't seem to work unless I just didn't hold it down long enough.

Any ideas on why the doorbell keeps ringing and ringing?

Thanks!