New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Reaction score
The option is in the Guarding Vision or Hik-Connect mobile apps, not on Ezviz, like we explained before. :)

If the guarding vision app connects correctly to the camera, you should be able to go into the options menu. If not, you have a problem that is not necessarily related to the camera (network, wifi, firewall, etc.). The video you see is just a stream, you have to be able to communicate correctly with the camera from the smartphone. If you don't solve this problem you are not able to use the camera correctly. The camera is not stable as you think it is, you have problems that need to be addressed, based on what you are reporting.
I have no idea what else to try. I use the default settings that my internet provider set on their modem. I've removed my mesh pods and restarted the camera and modem. I also tried on an iPhone with the same results. Does anyone have any other ideas for me to try out? Should I try another firmware?

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In other words, I'm still lost in hooking the power kit to my schematic.

How many doorbell buttons are you using?

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for advice and have questions about tweaking the image.

My entry is small & mostly enclosed with a ton of light that enters in a small'ish space -- thus, Dark Foreground w/ Bright in back. I've included a screenshot of all default settings and after my tweaks.Unless I'm doing it wrong,WDRmakes things WAY to brightw/ tons of light blooming and Backlight Compensation only helps on Medium but then everything in the foreground is super dark.

Also, I dont understand the diff between Image Settings & CCD Video Settings? All I can tell is one really messes up the other.

my current 'tweaked' setting are...

Image->
Settings
  • Brightness = 9
  • Contrast = 3
  • Saturation = 4

CCD ->
Video Settings (all Default)
  • Brightness = 50
  • Contrast = 50
  • Saturation = 38
  • Sharpness = 50
  • Gain :cant change, its grayed out

WDR = OFF
Backlight Compensation = OFF

Attachments

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@m82a1pa

Still working on a new drawing...

Your power supply powers the DC piece such that it will be shared also with the Hikvision's AC connections.

doorbellschematic-2.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have no idea what else to try. I use the default settings that my internet provider set on their modem. I've removed my mesh pods and restarted the camera and modem. I also tried on an iPhone with the same results. Does anyone have any other ideas for me to try out? Should I try another firmware?
Maybe I missed something in your messages but I have not read that you picked a Chime (Mechanical or Electronic) in either Guarding Vision or Hik-Connect App.

Reaction score
Maybe I missed something in your messages but I have not read that you picked a Chime (Mechanical or Electronic) in either Guarding Vision or Hik-Connect App.
Correct, I believe you have to go to remote configuration in the GurdianVision app in order to select the chime type. Unfortunately I have not been able to use remote configuration in either guardian vision or Hik connect (connection failed) so I have yet to see where I can select that option. On the desktop apps I cannot see the option for chime type either.

I did one more test, I disconnect my cells wifi to home internet. I made my cell phone a WiFi hotspot and used my old cell phone to connect to it (basically my cell was my internet). I reset the db1 and using my old cell set it up using the ezviz app. Then I used GurdianVision but got the same issue of not being able to use the remote configuration option. This negated my home internet/network being the issue. I think it may be blocked by my current firmware. What firmware do you think is best/most successful for the ezviz db1 so I can get it working with my chime?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Correct, I believe you have to go to remote configuration in the GurdianVision app in order to select the chime type. Unfortunately I have not been able to use remote configuration in either guardian vision or Hik connect (connection failed) so I have yet to see where I can select that option. On the desktop apps I cannot see the option for chime type either.

I did one more test, I disconnect my cells wifi to home internet. I made my cell phone a WiFi hotspot and used my old cell phone to connect to it (basically my cell was my internet). I reset the db1 and using my old cell set it up using the ezviz app. Then I used GurdianVision but got the same issue of not being able to use the remote configuration option. This negated my home internet/network being the issue. I think it may be blocked by my current firmware. What firmware do you think is best/most successful for the ezviz db1 so I can get it working with my chime?
Ok, I think we need to backup here. You reference Remote Configuration option, what program are you using? Batch Configuration Tool or iVMS-4200? To be clear, there is No option to pick which Chime you have in either of those software's, you have to do that in the phone App. This is why we suggested Guarding Vision or Hik-Connect App.
EZVIZ App took that option out of their App.

Batch Config. Tool 101 (Disregard if you know this):

If you have not added your DB, click the + Add and enter your IP and DB password, found on the back of your DB.

1592999740281.png

Next you will need to check the box next to your DB listed, then hit Refresh button until you see your DB Status as Online.

1593000008354.png

Once your DB shows Online, you click the Gear Wheel under Operation to get to Remote Configuration.

1593000090418.png
1593000159219.png

But again, this has nothing to do with your Chime not working, you need to enable that option in your phone App.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Your internet connection has nothing to do with the fact you are not able to connect to the camera with the mobile app.

The weird thing is that you say you were able to use EZVIZ app to configure the camera, that means you are able to connect to it while the camera is working as a an access point. When you configure the camera the first time, did you configure it to CONNECT to your wifi network? You have to chose the SSID of your wifi and the password to connect. Once you do that, the camera should receive an IP from the router and from that point on it's a wifi client like all others, so when you start the mobile app on your phone (that is a wifi client too) it should connect to the camera and you should be able to see the video stream and when you click the options wheel a menu should popup with all the options.

I still can't understand at which step you say that "remote config" doesn't work. If you open the mobile app, and it finds the camera, you should be good to go. If you can't open the options, there's a problem with your phone or a problem of the camera not joining the wifi network or there's a firewall that doesn't allow clients on the wifi network to communicate among each other.

This is very simple and basic stuff, you're the first one reporting these kind of issues, that are not related to the camera. The firmware is not relevant to your problem.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your internet connection has nothing to do with the fact you are not able to connect to the camera with the mobile app.

The weird thing is that you say you were able to use EZVIZ app to configure the camera, that means you are able to connect to it while the camera is working as a an access point. When you configure the camera the first time, did you configure it to CONNECT to your wifi network? You have to chose the SSID of your wifi and the password to connect. Once you do that, the camera should receive an IP from the router and from that point on it's a wifi client like all others, so when you start the mobile app on your phone (that is a wifi client too) it should connect to the camera and you should be able to see the video stream and when you click the options wheel a menu should popup with all the options.

I still can't understand at which step you say that "remote config" doesn't work. If you open the mobile app, and it finds the camera, you should be good to go. If you can't open the options, there's a problem with your phone or a problem of the camera not joining the wifi network or there's a firewall that doesn't allow clients on the wifi network to communicate among each other.

This is very simple and basic stuff, you're the first one reporting these kind of issues, that are not related to the camera. The firmware is not relevant to your problem.
I need to quit reading these messages half a sleep :), when I saw Remote Config I thought he was trying to get to the Chime option in Batch Config. Tool :)
This Forum has been my coffee in the mornings :)

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@pete_c Thx for the info. I didnt see anywhere it explained the diff in the CCD vs Video 'Settings'. For BLC & WDR ... BLC was unusable and WDR 'washes out' the entire image and makes it difficult to see any detail. Event tweaking WDR to lower settings.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone noticed if they change how Hik-Connect answers now after the recent update? Before when someone ring the doorbell and I answer on the app, it would default to mute then I press a green button for mic but after the update, it look like it default with mic enabled and with a red button to mute it. I rather check the door muted and yesterday I answered the app and the person I didn't want to know that I was at home said he could hear my TV lol ....

Guess it time to try a different app if that is the case :/

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone noticed if they change how Hik-Connect answers now after the recent update? Before when someone ring the doorbell and I answer on the app, it would default to mute then I press a green button for mic but after the update, it look like it default with mic enabled and with a red button to mute it. I rather check the door muted and yesterday I answered the app and the person I didn't want to know that I was at home said he could hear my TV lol ....

Guess it time to try a different app if that is the case :/
I hope this person does not follow this forum.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I switched back to EzViz app ...

I noticed Ezviz added a "wifi" tester on it to determine if the location of your doorbell will have good wifi signal or not.

It's under your account setting.

Reaction score
Good news I was able to get my chime to work :)
I deleted the db1 from the ezviz app (something I didn't so before). Then reset it and after connecting to my wifi it popped up whether I had a mechanical chime, I clicked it and it finished the setup. I tested and the doorbell now chimes.

Thanks @David L and @alexdelprete

I still can't use the Regarding the guardian vision app, not sure if I am doing it right but here are my steps:

In the guardian vision app
-Click the + sign and select online device
-Click the device I want and click add
-Leave port default to 8000 and enter admin as user and 6 capital letters of verification code
-Go back to main screen and click the 3 dots to get to the device information screen
-Click the 3 dots at bottom right and select "Remote Configuration"
-I then get a "connection failed." error screen with the back button link

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@LTek

BTW are you LTek on the Homeseer forum? Welcome to the IPTalk forum.

I didnt see anywhere it explained the diff in the CCD vs Video 'Settings

The difference are related to the sub topics under each setting such that. Each subtopic tweaks the hardware and software running on the camera.
In a way it is a bit of a mish mash and a carry over from the Hikvision base OS (well it is the same). I have pretty much left it at default except for a couple of settings.
In a literal sense the CCD is what is under the lens on the camera and the Video settings are just that. I have tinkered here in the past using different CCDs and lenses.

You can do BLC or WDR but not both. IE: if you shut one off then the other works.

My front door is in a short covered porch (around 5 feet or so) and sees the sun rise. That and at night there is a porch light there. Typically it is dimmed down to 20% unless someone walks on the porch and triggers the motion detector. The porch light then goes to 100%. After hours any motion turns on all outside lighting and landscaping lighting.

Maybe adding a strip of low voltage LED lighting in the front porch hallway would compensate for the back lighting?

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@pete_c

yes, Homeseer too.

I do have the light turn on with motion so that helps if someone is steps into the entry. Its just a difficult lighting area I have it working, things are not a crisp as they could be but it works best without WDR or BLC on at all.

thx for the help

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed same thing what on other poster said. The type of chime on EZVIZ seems now to be set during the installation and it cannot be changed unless you reset and reinstall the DB1.

About a week ago, I helped a friend install their first camera doorbell and recommended the EZVIZ.It prompted me to select the chime type when I was installing it for them.

Also, I notice the installation wizard on EZVIZ app was different than when I installed mine several months ago.