New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone noticed that the EZVZIZ app or Hik-Connect now defaults with mic enabled when answering the call? Or is it just me?

Sometime, I just wanted to screen to see who at door and with this new default change. They can heard background sound immediately when I answer the call on app so they know they are being monitored.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone noticed that the EZVZIZ app or Hik-Connect now defaults with mic enabled when answering the call? Or is it just me?

Sometime, I just wanted to screen to see who at door and with this new default change. They can heard background sound immediately when I answer the call on app so they know they are being monitored.
IIRC, both ezviz and hik-connect app, when I answer the call have had the mic on. But I don't use that option since the lockdown, I've disabled it and also all the mobile app notifications. I just use Hubitat and Synology Surveillance Station notifications.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Yes, indeed very annoying. It makes this db way less usefull. Before I answer I would like to see who is at the door. Maybe a good idea to give them some feedback on this

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good news I was able to get my chime to work :)
I deleted the db1 from the ezviz app (something I didn't so before). Then reset it and after connecting to my wifi it popped up whether I had a mechanical chime, I clicked it and it finished the setup. I tested and the doorbell now chimes.

Thanks @David L and @alexdelprete

I still can't use the Regarding the guardian vision app, not sure if I am doing it right but here are my steps:

In the guardian vision app
-Click the + sign and select online device
-Click the device I want and click add
-Leave port default to 8000 and enter admin as user and 6 capital letters of verification code
-Go back to main screen and click the 3 dots to get to the device information screen
-Click the 3 dots at bottom right and select "Remote Configuration"
-I then get a "connection failed." error screen with the back button link
I really can't understand what you are doing with these apps, they are so simple to use, you just install, login, and the camera is there, because the info of the camera is taken through the ezviz CLOUD that is tied to your account. When you first installed the camera through EZVIZ, did you create an account that is bound to the camera? If so, the camera and that account info are saved to EZVIZ's cloud. When you use another app like Guarding Vision, it asks you for your ezviz login info, it logs to the cloud, it asks for a security code that is sent to the mobile# you registered the first time, and then the camera shows in the app.

I just did it for you, I reinstalled Guarding Vision from scratch and took screenshots of all steps, as you can see I didn't have to ADD an "online" camera as you mention in the post. I simply find it there after the login.

So, remove the camera from guarding vision, uninstall guarding vision, install guarding vision from playstore, and make sure that EACH STEP is exactly like the screenshots you see here, in SEQUENCE. Ok?

Screenshot_20200625-112156_Guarding Vision.jpgScreenshot_20200625-112212_Guarding Vision.jpg1593077595188.png1593077647081.pngScreenshot_20200625-112407_Guarding Vision.jpgScreenshot_20200625-112429_Guarding Vision.jpgScreenshot_20200625-112445_Guarding Vision.jpg

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dfarkov

Relating to the ONVIF2MQTT plugin status here...its been running great!!

That said installed Portainer a couple of weeks ago and noticed the container size is now 1.5Gb. Wondering why it is so large. Can I stop and start the container to make the image size smaler?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Just tested mine, same thing. What were they thinking? Maybe because of the delay and someone trying to unmute in time to talk to the delivery person before they walk away?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, indeed very annoying. It makes this db way less usefull. Before I answer I would like to see who is at the door. Maybe a good idea to give them some feedback on this
Agreed...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
IIRC, both ezviz and hik-connect app, when I answer the call have had the mic on. But I don't use that option since the lockdown, I've disabled it and also all the mobile app notifications. I just use Hubitat and Synology Surveillance Station notifications.
Just tested mine, same thing. What were they thinking? Maybe because of the delay and someone trying to unmute in time to talk to the delivery person before they walk away?
Agreed...

I emailed support yesterday and got this back

Code:
Jun 25, 2020, 4:38 AM PDT

Hello Bill,

Thank you for contacting EZVIZ Tech Team, we value your business. Regarding your request for support on the issues you are facing, we love to help you.

To turn off the Audio in the Doorbell-
-Open the EZVIZ application,
-Click on Camera settings(GEAR ICON)
-Click on Audio and Disable the Audio.

To better serve you, please provide us with the information below;
· Phone Number
· Serial Number
· Place of Purchase of the device(s)

Hrmmmmm, I think that completely disable the AUDIO on the RECORDING not the mic when answering the doorbell but I will test it after work unless someone beat me to it and test it to see if that what fixes it.

I will call them today and see why they made that change and hopefully they misunderstood my email about the audio vs mic function when answering the call.

Thank you for those who tested it and confirm that it now default with mic on when answering the doorbell.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can simply reject the call, open the live view, end enable two-way communication by clicking on the MIC icon. I disabled the call from the camera. When notification comes, I open live view and if I want to answer I enable the MIC.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
You can simply reject the call, open the live view, end enable two-way communication by clicking on the MIC icon. I disabled the call from the camera. When notification comes, I open live view and if I want to answer I enable the MIC.
With the recent update, on iPhone you can't reject the call because when it rings, it appear on screen where it uses your face ID to open it then it will prompt you to go directly to the app.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With the recent update, on iPhone you can't reject the call because when it rings, it appear on screen where it uses your face ID to open it then it will prompt you to go directly to the app.
I don't know on iphone, on Android you can reject the call. If it's a CALL notification, it is weird it doesn't allow you to reject it. :)

Disable it and do like I suggested.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I emailed support yesterday and got this back

Hrmmmmm, I think that completely disable the AUDIO on the RECORDING not the mic when answering the doorbell but I will test it after work unless someone beat me to it and test it to see if that what fixes it.

I will call them today and see why they made that change and hopefully they misunderstood my email about the audio vs mic function when answering the call.

Thank you for those who tested it and confirm that it now default with mic on when answering the doorbell.
They didn't understand what you were asking. :)

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, EZVIZ need to dump their splash logo screen when app opens up. It eats up several seconds to animate the pretty logo before it loads the viewer onto the screen. This is why I been using Hik-Connect app since it instantly goes to the viewer.

We don't need a pretty animated logo ----- we need functionally!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know on iphone, on Android you can reject the call. If it's a CALL notification, it is weird it doesn't allow you to reject it. :)

Disable it and do like I suggested.
Thank for the suggestion .....

but ...

My wife and I are deaf so we need those visual notifications to alert us when someone press the doorbell. It's not something we can disable or it's useless to us.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank for the suggestion .....

but ...

My wife and I are deaf so we need those visual notifications to alert us when someone press the doorbell. It's not something we can disable or it's useless to us.
I think you can "automate" the notification: I mean, when the notification comes, you can do something...if you can't with iOS features, you can do it with addon apps.

How do you catch notifications from other apps? Does iOS provide specific features for these cases?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you can "automate" the notification: I mean, when the notification comes, you can do something...if you can't with iOS features, you can do it with addon apps.

How do you catch notifications from other apps? Does iOS provide specific features for these cases?
We use Hubitat to automatic some of the notification like using lights in the house to alert us when someone press a doorbell etc. But on iPhone, we could either use Hubitat app notification to notify us of doorbell pressed however that will require several extra steps to get to the DB viewer - unlock iphone - open DB app - click on DB in app - open DB viewer

With DB app notification - unlock phone goes directly to the DB viewer ... no steps at all .

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We use Hubitat to automatic some of the notification like using lights in the house to alert us when someone press a doorbell etc. But on iPhone, we could either use Hubitat app notification to notify us of doorbell pressed however that will require several extra steps to get to the DB viewer - unlock iphone - open DB app - click on DB in app - open DB viewer

With DB app notification - unlock phone goes directly to the DB viewer ... no steps at all .
If you find an app to automate notifications on iphone you can try to start the live view on the phone when the hubitat notification of doorbell press appears on the phone. From the live view you can then manually enable 2-way communication with the mic icon.

When someone rings the doorbell, I don't receive ezviz/hikvision notifications on the phone (I disabled everything on those apps), but Hubitat sends a notification to my phone. Then if I want to speak with the person, I turn on the mic.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you find an app to automate notifications on iphone you can try to start the live view on the phone when the hubitat notification of doorbell press appears on the phone. From the live view you can then manually enable 2-way communication with the mic icon.

When someone rings the doorbell, I don't receive ezviz/hikvision notifications on the phone (I disabled everything on those apps), but Hubitat sends a notification to my phone. Then if I want to speak with the person, I turn on the mic.
Of course you can decide not to use the app. But from the point of view of the app provider it is totally insane that you have to open the answering screen with the phone mic open, before you are able to reject the call. When you open the answering screen there is a lot of clicking at the front door to let the visitor know that you heard the bell an are reacting to it. Insane. So WHAT WERE THEY THINKING !!

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Of course you can decide not to use the app. But from the point of view of the app provider it is totally insane that you have to open the answering screen with the phone mic open, before you are able to reject the call. When you open the answering screen there is a lot of clicking at the front door to let the visitor know that you heard the bell an are reacting to it. Insane. So WHAT WERE THEY THINKING !!
The answering screen notification lets you view who's at the door and I have the option to reject/accept the call, like it happens for a normal phone call. :)

While the answering notification is displayed, there's no audio communication active with the doorbell.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
The answering screen notification lets you view who's at the door and I have the option to reject/accept the call, like it happens for a normal phone call. :)

While the answering notification is displayed, there's no audio communication active with the doorbell.
This is on Android right?