New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not see a link for that on 101, do you know where I can find that? Also, was this board recently added to Tapatalk, I looked for it awhile back but could not find it.
I have been on this Thread via Tapatalk for most of this year. IPCAMTALK should show up in Search.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you own the home, I would look into an access point instead of a router and mount it in hallway ceiling. I have two of those in my home for 3 years and never once had any issue at all on any of the wifi devices. All our streaming and gaming box thrives on it.

With this AP, you would just disabled the wifi on your router and plug the AP into your router port. it meant for commercial uses but you can download an app to set it up in standalone mode to use it with your router.
Here is another good AP, does VLANS, and 6 SSIDs. So far range is very good.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I thought I had it in the 101, will add it, thank you...
Thank you. Any chance there is a Mac version that you know of?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about a wifi 6 router with very strong coverage like this one.
I walked out to my house and as soon as I get close to the doorbell it "beeps" assuming thats when it starts recording. I see "outdoor bell sound" on the app. Is that it? I also connected my mechanical chime with the small white thingy that came with the doorbell but when I press DB1 it only rings the DB1 (not my mechanical chime). Do you know why?
You can turn this off or down in your App. It is a Motion Alarm, I believe defaulted to On when DB is first setup.

In EZVIZ App go to Settings (Gear Wheel)/Alarm Notification/Select the Mode

1594402041056.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!! The sound was annoying as it beeped a few times when I picked up my mail.
I have a family Member that likes it but he does not have an Alarm system that Beeps/Chirps every time a Door/Window gets opened too :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!! The sound was annoying as it beeped a few times when I picked up my mail.
So when you become an Expert will you change your Handle to DoorBellExpert :)
To this Day I am still undeserving of that Title :)

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So when you become an Expert will you change your Handle to DoorBellExpert :)
To this Day I am still undeserving of that Title :)
LOL. It goes in status. Dummy --> Novice --> Amatuer. Will be a while.

Still trying to get it to work with Synology Surveillance Station (needs SSH and some unix commands to create file and permission). Not good with unix commands so googling now. Anyone know why my chime doesn't work when I press the doorbell? I've connected the trans/front wires that came with the DB1.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been on this Thread via Tapatalk for most of this year. IPCAMTALK should show up in Search.
Holy crap using Tapatalk is way better than iOS browser when viewing this board. You rock for using that signature David L. I would not have checked Tapatalk again lol

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the chime has been disabled for some reason, and in the ezviz mobile app latest version, they removed the possibility to reconfigure the chime and enable it AFTER the first configuration.

Install Guarding Vision mobile app from playstore, and in the options you'll find chime settings,enable it and configure it again.
In the GV android app, under Settings... not seeing Chime?

thx for the help. I also looked at Batch no Chime setting, odd?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Holy crap using Tapatalk is way better than iOS browser when viewing this board. You rock for using that signature David L. I would not have checked Tapatalk again lol
I started really using it when I was called down earlier this year to take care of my Dad for 2 weeks, No Internet and poor cell service but Tapatalk got me through that cave dwelling...:) What would we do without Internet, lol, especially during this Pandemic...:)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you SIR. OMG. I tried it on 2 different iphones and it didn't work. Tried it on my Android tablet and it worked. Why? Why? Why? After it's added from the android tablet now I see it on my iphone.

I also can't get it to work with 5GHZ. Had to set it up with 2.4GHZ but when I am by doorbell 5GHZ works on my iphone so not sure why it wouldn't work. The doorbell must need very good connectivity. The bad part is I wanted to stream it on my NAS surveillance station (have not gotten to that yet) so 2.4GHZ is too slow and laggy (I may need a new router).

I noticed the alarm area detection is not too accurate. I see it for 9ft (3m) and a car is at least 15 feet away or more and it still picks it up. If I use 5ft (1.5m) then it only picks up people when they are very close to the doorbell.

The advised 3MP running at 2048 resolution I think isn't all that clear. I feel it's not even on par with typical HD 1920 resolution.
1. iPhone: this problem you had happens with some iOS users, also for other apps/products. The problem does not happen to everybody. But it seems the process of connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting could cause issues. Don't know why. I hate Apple, so I'm not surprised about this. But glad you solved it. It could also be a problem related to your router, that comes out only with iOS and not on Android. I recommend a mesh wifi setup if you need to properly distribute the signal across the house and also on the outside. There are pretty good solutions on the market.

2. 2.4/5 Ghz: If you have a dual-band router, working properly, the camera supports band steering, so it should be able to connect in 5ghz preferentially. If it doesn't, I think you also have some wifi router issues. What model is it? One thing I always recommend to everybody is: fix the basics. So make sure wifi signal is good, router is properly configured, transformer used works ok, connections are ok. Only then you can understand if the camera works fine. Many issues I see are related to wifi, power, badly configured networks.

3. Alarm area: forget about the length reported in the gui. Basically think about that setting as "low sensitivity, medium and high". It is not accurate at all. I keep it at bare minimum because I only need to know if someone is close to the external gate.

4. Resolution: you have to properly configure the camera regarding picture quality, stream quality, etc. check 101 for details. You'll have to configure those advanced settings through Batch Config tool. I can assure the quality is quite good once properly configured.

5. NAS: I use Synology SS as you can see in my signature below. It works perfectly when connected in 2.4Ghz and also at 5Ghz. The important thing is not the band, but the quality of the connection. 2.4Ghz with good quality and strength of signal is more than enough for a couple of RTSP streams (4-5Mbits/sec.).

Glad you solved it, now you must play with settings and everything to find the proper setup. :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL. It goes in status. Dummy --> Novice --> Amatuer. Will be a while.

Still trying to get it to work with Synology Surveillance Station (needs SSH and some unix commands to create file and permission). Not good with unix commands so googling now. Anyone know why my chime doesn't work when I press the doorbell? I've connected the trans/front wires that came with the DB1.
So we have a few Synology Experts here: As far as your Chime, the size of transformer usually is the first place to check, that is after a proper install, meaning if EZVIZ App used, choosing which Chime you have. Also did you install the power kit?

From our 101:

SYNOLOGY TIPS:
⦁ Configuring Synology without ONVIF Support - KlaverBoer
⦁ Motion Detection with ONVIF (Hikvision Firmware) - alexdelprete, alexdelprete
⦁ Configuring Synology - alexdelprete

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. iPhone: this problem you had happens with some iOS users, also for other apps/products. The problem does not happen to everybody. But it seems the process of connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting could cause issues. Don't know why. I hate Apple, so I'm not surprised about this. But glad you solved it. It could also be a problem related to your router, that comes out only with iOS and not on Android. I recommend a mesh wifi setup if you need to properly distribute the signal across the house and also on the outside. There are pretty good solutions on the market.

2. 2.4/5 Ghz: If you have a dual-band router, working properly, the camera supports band steering, so it should be able to connect in 5ghz preferentially. If it doesn't, I think you also have some wifi router issues. What model is it? One thing I always recommend to everybody is: fix the basics. So make sure wifi signal is good, router is properly configured, transformer used works ok, connections are ok. Only then you can understand if the camera works fine. Many issues I see are related to wifi, power, badly configured networks.

3. Alarm area: forget about the length reported in the gui. Basically think about that setting as "low sensitivity, medium and high". It is not accurate at all. I keep it at bare minimum because I only need to know if someone is close to the external gate.

4. Resolution: you have to properly configure the camera regarding picture quality, stream quality, etc. check 101 for details. You'll have to configure those advanced settings through Batch Config tool. I can assure the quality is quite good once properly configured.

5. NAS: I use Synology SS as you can see in my signature below. It works perfectly when connected in 2.4Ghz and also at 5Ghz. The important thing is not the band, but the quality of the connection. 2.4Ghz with good quality and strength of signal is more than enough for a couple of RTSP streams (4-5Mbits/sec.).

Glad you solved it, now you must play with settings and everything to find the proper setup. :)
I have TP-Link AC1750. I'll check on the resolution portion from 101.

For NAS SS, I've created the Ezviz-DB1.conf file but if I go to add camera I don't see the Ezviz-DB1 on the drop down. Do you know why?
1594410854227.png

1594410986115.png

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So we have a few Synology Experts here: As far as your Chime, the size of transformer usually is the first place to check, that is after a proper install, meaning if EZVIZ App used, choosing which Chime you have. Also did you install the power kit?

Yes, that small little white box which connects back to TRANS/FRONT on the chime.

From our 101:

SYNOLOGY TIPS:
⦁ Configuring Synology without ONVIF Support - KlaverBoer
⦁ Motion Detection with ONVIF (Hikvision Firmware) - alexdelprete, alexdelprete
⦁ Configuring Synology - alexdelprete

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You didn't notice the three dots, click them. :)
I checked (see attachment) ... not there. Maybe you have a diff version of the app? Mine is from May 21 v4.4.0.0522, then I uninstalled and tried the older v4.1.0.0304 & v3.9.1.0815 ... not there either?

btw, thanks for helping... you are rock!

Attachments

Last edited: