New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does that change some of the collective info we have?
Possibly. We have had a few more get burnt by changing passwords so I am going to make note but not suggest changing yet.

CrashOne

n3wb
Reaction score
The EZVIZ iPhone app keeps losing the password, so every other day I have to enter the password again, same on my wife’s phone... Is there a solution to this problem? I've already contacted EZVIZ, but haven't heard back.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The EZVIZ iPhone app keeps losing the password, so every other day I have to enter the password again, same on my wife’s phone... Is there a solution to this problem? I've already contacted EZVIZ, but haven't heard back.
This is a common issue, if you launch your App from the phone's Notification message this happens. When you get a Notification, go to your Apps list and launch the App from there. Happens also on the LaView ONE App.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any chance I could get your order number so i can push amazon support? I ordered the same day as you, and they are saying backorder until 16th at LEAST.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any chance I could get your order number so i can push amazon support? I ordered the same day as you, and they are saying backorder until 16th at LEAST.
Let me login in and check the latest, just looked and that update was from yesterday.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What chime is the most popular which is confirmed working?
So I checked and still same est. shipping date range. I added another one in my cart and went to check out and it did not state out of stock. I would leave seller feedback:

1578054572188.png

Do you have an existing Doorbell/Chime?

Hikvision list a Compatible Chime List in their Data Sheet:

1578054952278.png
Hope this helps...

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. I'll be getting rid of my existing ring doorbell and upgrading to this. So i'll be doing all the wiring from scratch.
So do you have a battery operated Ring?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Feel free to check out our DOORBELL 101, we have a few install tips and several tips on what all these Doorbells can do.
Let us know if we can be of help. Don't know how your house is setup (Basement/Attic) but Attic wiring is no longer fun for this old guy.

lekram

n3wb
Reaction score
So I checked and still same est. shipping date range. I added another one in my cart and went to check out and it did not state out of stock. I would leave seller feedback:

View attachment 53303

Do you have an existing Doorbell/Chime?

Hikvision list a Compatible Chime List in their Data Sheet:

View attachment 53305
Hope this helps...
Hey David, I want to mention that alerts from the evizv camera with Nelly's firmware are more sensible now, which I don't appreciate it but it's the price to get onvif support. Alerts now are triggered because simple color change or video movement far away like a car to n the street. I have changed PIR range to medium so what ever Nelly's firmware is doing isn't triggered by pir sensor, it's software analyzing video.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey David, I want to mention that alerts from the evizv camera with Nelly's firmware are more sensible now, which I don't appreciate it but it's the price to get onvif support. Alerts now are triggered because simple color change or video movement far away like a car to n the street. I have changed PIR range to medium so what ever Nelly's firmware is doing isn't triggered by pir sensor, it's software analyzing video.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I can't say I notice a difference from LaView's and Nelly's, now that I have Nelly's firmware installed. But I have not fully tested anything yet. I did do a PIR footage sensor test while having LaView's firmware installed and found it was within a foot of the 3 range settings so it was pretty accurate. Only time it wasn't was when a Big truck drove by, but not all Big trucks would trigger it. Fuuny, but I was looking to see if a human image was on the side of the big trucks :)

elviso33

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks, good to know. Well, I went ahead and ordered me an EZVIZ. I don't want to miss out on the low price, not sure how long it will be at that price. When installed, I will have my LaView for sale or will be installing it for a family member's birthday :)
Hi All,

Just wanted to post and say that I have the Ezviz with LaView firmware (0716) working with echo show and google home (casting to shield tv). It was a pain but in the end what was needed as that the shield needed to be removed and added as part of my home. Before that it kept telling me that it didn't know which device to cast to. Hope this helps and if I can find the method I followed, I'll edit this post.

Happy New Year!
Paul

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to post and say that I have the Ezviz with LaView firmware (0716) working with echo show and google home (casting to shield tv). It was a pain but in the end what was needed as that the shield needed to be removed and added as part of my home. Before that it kept telling me that it didn't know which device to cast to. Hope this helps and if I can find the method I followed, I'll edit this post.

Happy New Year!
Paul
Thank you Paul...Looking forward to getting my EZVIZ DB and doing the same.